CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll - Only 13% Blame Bush - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by rantor49
But they don't shoot themselves in the foot with obvious generic Democratic Slam's. That is what degrades your arguments. Man-child Bush? See what I mean?

actually, i do take your point.

but i'm not trying to be a pundit or anchor.

i have every reason on earth to despise bush, on so many different levels, so i see no point in pretending objectivity.

perhaps this does weaken my arguments, but i also use this forum as a way to vent a bit -- so i don't wind up venting my frustrations at the real, live people who populate my life.

Old 09-08-2005, 04:32 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

check out this poll

http://people-press.org/reports/disp...3?ReportID=255

"The American public is highly critical of President Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Two-in-three Americans (67%) believe he could have done more to speed up relief efforts, while just 28% think he did all he could to get them going quickly. At the same time, Bush's overall job approval rating has slipped to 40% and his disapproval rating has climbed to 52%, among the highest for his presidency. Uncharacteristically, the president's ratings have slipped the most among his core constituents * Republicans and conservatives. "

(The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Sept. 6-7 among 1,000 Americans)

Old 09-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #93
The Fly

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Irvine,
I appreciate your candor and respect your position. Venting is a good thing. Keeps us from going crazy. Take care.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
i think the bashing and blaming of the right is a feeble vast wing conspiracy weaker and mirroring the whole bush guard document/dan rather small penis syndrome a short while ago.

"im sorry" dan rather eventually said.

trouble is, most in fym who bash bush will never apologize.
they will never realize their folly until years later, hopefully, if they ever do.
and the saddest thing in their miserable mindset is that as they bashed, it served no purpose, and ppl perished.

db9
Errrr...no. Not even close. If I criticize our government, I do so for legitimate reasons.

And I'm with the others, what is it I'm supposed to apologize for now? Bush has yet to really wow me as a president. If he does do something good, will I praise him for it? Absolutely. But if he does something I don't like, I'm going to criticize, and if someone has issues with it, well....

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
to the crap being thrown around in this thread.
No kidding. Both sides can be guilty of this sort of thing, why are people getting all riled up over liberals criticizing Bush? If this had been a Democrat in office, you know full well there'd be Republicans criticizing them, there'd be conservative critics left and right, so why is this so bothersome? This is why, in recent times, I've started to be more independent instead of lean to one side or the other. I think both sides have had their screw-up politicians running around, and I think both sides have had supporters who can be very critical of each other.

Also...

Quote:
Originally posted by pax
The wording of the poll renders the poll almost totally irrelevant. Sure, I don't blame Bush, or anyone, for the fact that the hurricane happened. As well, the total clusterf*** that resulted after the hurricane is not the total, direct, personal fault of George W. Bush and his continued existence. So if you take the question that way, no, of course most sensible people aren't going to blame Bush.

But I do blame him partially, at least, for the appointments of inexperienced, irresponsible, ineffectual people, and for failing to involve the federal government in timely and appropriate manners, and for possibly overexerting local National Guards who could have sped relief efforts.

So if you took the question that way, I suspect many, many people do, in some respects, blame Bush.
. Agreed.

Also, since food was mentioned at times in this thread...I'm not hungry anymore, as I just had an omelette .

And one more thing, hopefully nobody will take this post as me yelling at anyone, 'cause I'm not. Just stressing some points, is all .

Angela
Old 09-08-2005, 04:40 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Zogby poll

Zogby: Bush's approval rating at all-time low, 41% -- Public would vote for Jimmy Carter before voting for Bush again

http://americablog.blogspot.com/2005...ng-at-all.html
Old 09-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #96
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Zogby poll

Zogby: Bush's approval rating at all-time low, 41% -- Public would vote for Jimmy Carter before voting for Bush again

To go back to Carter would be Great. Good times, good times.

I was a teen during carter's presidency. One of the WORST in history. Great guy, bad president.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:43 PM   #97
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

That freeze frame is priceless...
Old 09-08-2005, 04:46 PM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Zogby poll

of course 30% of the American public would still like Bush even if he ate their children alive ...

kidding! kidding!

Old 09-08-2005, 04:47 PM   #99
The Fly

ROFLMAO
Old 09-08-2005, 04:48 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

well I can't say "again" but I'd vote for Rosalynn or Amy Carter before I'd ever vote for Bush
Old 09-08-2005, 04:50 PM   #101
The Fly

I think lot's of people would vote for Charles Manson before voting for Bush again. Now that man has a vision !!
Old 09-08-2005, 04:52 PM   #102
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by rantor49
I think lot's of people would vote for Charles Manson before voting for Bush again. Now that man has a vision !!
Geraldo could get all the interviews he wants then!
Old 09-08-2005, 07:15 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

I was just thinking, what if this hurricane had happened had happened in September 2004 instead of Hurricane Ivan? It would become a political issue overnight.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 PM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I was just thinking, what if this hurricane had happened had happened in September 2004 instead of Hurricane Ivan? It would become a political issue overnight.
I'm thinking you'd be quite right in that assumption, verte.

Which would be quite sad, I'd say.

Angela
Old 09-09-2005, 08:38 AM   #105
Blue Crack Addict