CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll - Only 13% Blame Bush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rantor49 said:
But they don't shoot themselves in the foot with obvious generic Democratic Slam's. That is what degrades your arguments. Man-child Bush? See what I mean?

actually, i do take your point.

but i'm not trying to be a pundit or anchor.

i have every reason on earth to despise bush, on so many different levels, so i see no point in pretending objectivity.

perhaps this does weaken my arguments, but i also use this forum as a way to vent a bit -- so i don't wind up venting my frustrations at the real, live people who populate my life.

check out this poll

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=255

"The American public is highly critical of President Bush's handling of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Two-in-three Americans (67%) believe he could have done more to speed up relief efforts, while just 28% think he did all he could to get them going quickly. At the same time, Bush's overall job approval rating has slipped to 40% and his disapproval rating has climbed to 52%, among the highest for his presidency. Uncharacteristically, the president's ratings have slipped the most among his core constituents ­ Republicans and conservatives. "

(The latest national survey by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press, conducted Sept. 6-7 among 1,000 Americans)

Irvine,
I appreciate your candor and respect your position. Venting is a good thing. Keeps us from going crazy. Take care.

diamond said:
i think the bashing and blaming of the right is a feeble vast wing conspiracy weaker and mirroring the whole bush guard document/dan rather small penis syndrome a short while ago.

"im sorry" dan rather eventually said.

trouble is, most in fym who bash bush will never apologize.
they will never realize their folly until years later, hopefully, if they ever do.
and the saddest thing in their miserable mindset is that as they bashed, it served no purpose, and ppl perished.

db9

Errrr...no. Not even close. If I criticize our government, I do so for legitimate reasons.

And I'm with the others, what is it I'm supposed to apologize for now? Bush has yet to really wow me as a president. If he does do something good, will I praise him for it? Absolutely. But if he does something I don't like, I'm going to criticize, and if someone has issues with it, well...:shrug:.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
:rolleyes: to the crap being thrown around in this thread.

No kidding. Both sides can be guilty of this sort of thing, why are people getting all riled up over liberals criticizing Bush? If this had been a Democrat in office, you know full well there'd be Republicans criticizing them, there'd be conservative critics left and right, so why is this so bothersome? This is why, in recent times, I've started to be more independent instead of lean to one side or the other. I think both sides have had their screw-up politicians running around, and I think both sides have had supporters who can be very critical of each other.

Also...

pax said:
The wording of the poll renders the poll almost totally irrelevant. Sure, I don't blame Bush, or anyone, for the fact that the hurricane happened. As well, the total clusterf*** that resulted after the hurricane is not the total, direct, personal fault of George W. Bush and his continued existence. So if you take the question that way, no, of course most sensible people aren't going to blame Bush.

But I do blame him partially, at least, for the appointments of inexperienced, irresponsible, ineffectual people, and for failing to involve the federal government in timely and appropriate manners, and for possibly overexerting local National Guards who could have sped relief efforts.

So if you took the question that way, I suspect many, many people do, in some respects, blame Bush.

:up:. Agreed.

Also, since food was mentioned at times in this thread...I'm not hungry anymore, as I just had an omelette :).

And one more thing, hopefully nobody will take this post as me yelling at anyone, 'cause I'm not. Just stressing some points, is all :).

Angela

I think lot's of people would vote for Charles Manson before voting for Bush again. Now that man has a vision !!:wink:

I was just thinking, what if this hurricane had happened had happened in September 2004 instead of Hurricane Ivan? It would become a political issue overnight.

bush_worstdisaster.jpg

kellyahern said:

Shouldn't this go in the Kanye thread? What does this have to do with poll numbers?

It's a live polling of a New England audience.

More relevant than the repulsive jokes about favoring Charles Manson. You people might want to go read Helter Skelter again or talk to a few people whose lives were directly impacted by those murders.

It would be great if everyone involved in this thread could refrain from resorting to personal attacks on other members. Please feel free to debate the issues but don't resort to calling participants names.

Thanks,
The Management

sulawesigirl4 said:
It would be great if everyone involved in this thread could refrain from resorting to personal attacks on other members. Please feel free to debate the issues but don't resort to calling participants names.

Thanks,
The Management

I agree and apologize for my part in this matter.

Another new poll. How low can he go?

Overall, do you approve, disapprove or have mixed feelings about the way George W. Bush is handling his job as President?

Strongly Approve 20 (23)
Somewhat Approve 11 (10)
Lean Toward Approval 8 (9)
Lean Toward Disapproval 14 (13)
Somewhat Disapprove 5 (5)
Strongly Disapprove 40 (38)

Total

Approve 39 (42)
Disapprove 59 (55)

Scarletwine said:
Another new poll. How low can he go?

Overall, do you approve, disapprove or have mixed feelings about the way George W. Bush is handling his job as President?

Strongly Approve 20 (23)
Somewhat Approve 11 (10)
Lean Toward Approval 8 (9)
Lean Toward Disapproval 14 (13)
Somewhat Disapprove 5 (5)
Strongly Disapprove 40 (38)

Total

Approve 39 (42)
Disapprove 59 (55)

Source?

"Approval of Bush slips to new lows: 38% in Newsweek poll and 42% in Time poll; 28% are "satisfied with the way things are going" in the country and 57% have lost confidence in the government since Katrina, Newsweek reports."

http://www.wonkette.com/

links to time and newsweeks websites are sourced

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/15/politics/15poll.html?pagewanted=all

The hurricane, alone, does not appear to have taken any significant toll on Mr. Bush's overall job approval rating, which remains stuck virtually where it has been since early summer. But the findings do suggest that the slow federal response to the hurricane has increased public doubts about the Bush administration's effectiveness. Fifty-six percent of Americans said they were now less confident about the government's ability to respond to a terrorist attack or natural disaster.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom