CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll - Only 13% Blame Bush - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2005, 11:30 AM   #46
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:35 PM
to the crap being thrown around in this thread.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #47
Refugee

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

um, yes?

if you're going to fall for the canard that the three most respected newspapers in the country -- NYT, WaPo, and the LAT -- are somehow liberal propaganda machines, then there's little use discussing things.

You can't actually believe that they don't? That's like saying that the Wall Street Journal doesn't have a conservative bent to it or that CNN doesn't lean to the left while Fox leans to the right.

Sorry but I've actually lived in each of these places. I grew up in Potomac and Georgetown and yes the Post has a very liberal bias - always has.

Nobody questions that the New York Times has a very liberal slant.

I now live in LA and the Los Angeles Times has a very liberal bias.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:36 AM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

go nuts
Will do

Quote:
there is plenty of blame that should be heading this way... of course, the bush haters in the press, of which there are many, are using this opening as an opportunity to smack him up... using every angle they can... even going as far as to blaming the actual hurricaine on bush not signing kyoto.

the reality is that equal blame can be placed on the local, state and federal governments... that includes new orleans' african-american mayor, louisiana's democratic governor, and the republican president.

people are blaming the lack of response on race... yet the african-american mayor of new orleans had evacuees go to the superdome and the convention center, yet did not provide adequette security, food, water, beds, bathrooms, bathing facilities, power generators, etc. etc. etc. that was his job, and he failed... miserably.

it's the job of the governor of louisiana to call in the national guard. but she, a democrat mind you, did not have national guardsmen in place before the storm struck... one simple phone call would have had these men/women in place to move in the second the tragedy took place. but of course, in a country obsessed with the bottom line, she didn't want to waste tax payer dollars on something that might happen, so this was not done. that was her job, and she failed... miserably.

after the tragedy in new orleans struck, it was the job of FEMA and the Office of Homeland Security to get the appropriate personel, equipment & supplies to assist in the recovery efforts, clean-up and rebuilding. the director of FEMA, by his own admission did not even know that the levee's had broken in new orleans until tuesday afternoon... even though the story was posted on the new york times webpage monday evening. an organization that was put in place... Homeland Security... to provide an immediate response to large scale national emergencies, took 3 days to get mobolized. all of this was the job of brown and chertoff... they failed... miserably.

which leads us, finally, to president bush. he put these men in charge. they are under his watch. so if they fail, he fails. as was already said once in this thread... "the buck stops here." his entire administration... the reason why i voted for him a second time despite disagreeing with him often... is based around securing our nation against another attack, while at the same time putting the proper preparations into place just in case something happened here again. well here was a perfect test run of a large chunk of what he based his entire campaign around... and it, and therfore he, failed... miserably.

let us not let anyone off the hook... anyone...

but let's not let our party affiliations skew our vision, leading us to take shots just for the sake of taking shots. there's plenty of shit to throw around as it is... no need to make up that which does not exist.

cheers,

H

registered republican and voter for bush... twice.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:35 PM
notice how i included a nice little jick reference in that post
Old 09-07-2005, 12:02 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

I detest polls.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/07/D8CFHLI01.html

"At a news conference, Pelosi, D-Calif., said Bush's choice for head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency had "absolutely no credentials."

She related that she urged Bush at the White House on Tuesday to fire Brown.

"He said 'Why would I do that?'" Pelosi said.

"'I said because of all that went wrong, of all that didn't go right last week.' And he said 'What didn't go right?'"
Old 09-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/07/D8CFHLI01.html

"At a news conference, Pelosi, D-Calif., said Bush's choice for head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency had "absolutely no credentials."

Yes, I believe he's one of Bush's college buddies, isn't he?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
notice how i included a nice little jick reference in that post
nice touch
Old 09-07-2005, 01:34 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Yes, I believe he's one of Bush's college buddies, isn't he?

"Before joining FEMA in 2001, Brown, a protege of longtime Bush aide Joseph Allbaugh, was commissioner of the International Arabian Horse Association and had virtually no experience in disaster management.

An official biography of Brown's top aide, acting deputy director Patrick Rhode, doesn't list disaster relief experience.

The department's No. 3 official, acting deputy chief of staff Brooks Altshuler, also does not have emergency management experience, according to FEMA spokeswoman Natalie Rule.

Rule said the absence of direct experience managing emergencies is irrelevant because top managers need "the ability to keep the organization running."

But Eric Holdeman, director of the King County Office of Emergency Management in Seattle, said familiarity with the specifics of disaster management is essential.

"Experience is not just general managerial experience, it's experience in the field," he said."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...l=chi-news-hed
Old 09-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #55
Blue Crack Supplier

and rumor has it that it was Bush's college roommate, Allbaugh, who cleansed his National Guard records.

just a rumor.

but makes total fucking sense.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #56
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

The wording of the poll renders the poll almost totally irrelevant. Sure, I don't blame Bush, or anyone, for the fact that the hurricane happened. As well, the total clusterf*** that resulted after the hurricane is not the total, direct, personal fault of George W. Bush and his continued existence. So if you take the question that way, no, of course most sensible people aren't going to blame Bush.

But I do blame him partially, at least, for the appointments of inexperienced, irresponsible, ineffectual people, and for failing to involve the federal government in timely and appropriate manners, and for possibly overexerting local National Guards who could have sped relief efforts.

So if you took the question that way, I suspect many, many people do, in some respects, blame Bush.

Join Amnesty.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

hey, y'all, go check out The Onion this week. again, as they tend to be in the face of disaster, sheer genius.

one example:

Bush Urges Victims To Gnaw On Bootstraps For Sustenance

WASHINGTON, DC—In an emergency White House address Sunday, President Bush urged all people dying from several days without food and water in New Orleans to "tap into the American entrepreneurial spirit" and gnaw on their own bootstraps for sustenance. "Government handouts are not the answer," Bush said. "I believe in smaller government, which is why I have drastically cut welfare and levee upkeep. I encourage you poor folks to fill yourself up on your own bootstraps. Buckle down, and tear at them like a starving animal." Responding to reports that many Katrina survivors have lost everything in the disaster, Bush said, "Only when you work hard and chew desperately on your own footwear can you live the American dream."
Old 09-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
Bush said, "Only when you work hard and chew desperately on your own footwear can you live the American dream."
laughing in a sad, angry way
Old 09-07-2005, 02:26 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:35 PM
I still would be more happy with a president who gets a blow job than a president who cut money for maintanace off dykes and levees.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #60
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:35 PM

I pretty much stopped paying attention to these polls after I heard that half of the people seemed to think that Iraqis hit New York. Great track record guys!