CNN Reports: Bush 'related to Churchill, Diana' - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2002, 04:19 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:24 AM
I'm gonna have to start researching my own family history...I'm dying to find out who some of my ancestors are.

I know someone whose ancestor is Edgar Allen Poe.

As for the news story...poor Diana, being related to Bush (no offense...*holds up hands to protect herself just in case*).

Angela

Old 09-23-2002, 03:51 AM   #17
Jesus Online

Local Time: 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

Nah, I think you're related with me! I'm Dutch (and William the Conqueror was Dutch), so we can be family.

Hi!

C ya!

Marty
He's Dutch????? Oh man! I dont know how this works then. My dad had someone in his family trace the family name back, in England. The name is Norman, and fairly rare. Its been in England for centuries, but because of the unique spelling, something to do with the absent letter 'a' in traditional 'eaux' names, allowed them to trace it back to when he conquered England or something. I dont know the history and dont really know how significant the name is...But thats all I know! he must have slept with some French people, or had kids that did...I dunno...Just dunno.

Old 09-23-2002, 12:33 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Ahhh, So the true link is actually Louis the XVI Grandparents. The question is which set of Grandparents, the ones on the throne or the other set which must have been nobility. What type of records do you have which connect the founder of the town as Louis XVI first cousin?
There are geneological records, none of which, unfortunately, are in front of me in this exact moment.

Of course, you do have every right to be skeptical. Do remember, however, that SE Michigan was colonized by the French originally, and that, 250+ years ago, we were technically part of Quebec at one time. History is always quite amusing...

Melon
Old 09-23-2002, 01:21 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:24 AM
My maternal grandmother is a direct descendant of the Corner family, a number of whom were the Doges of Venice. An uncle of mine spent a year living in Venice compiling the family tree, which now dates back to the 12th century. The first Doge in the list was Marco Corner, who lived from 1284-1368. We are lucky in the sense that noble families kept records of births, deaths and marriages, and the family tree is therefore incredibly detailed, not just with those facts, but also things like titles and positions held within Venice.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:31 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 AM
I can see the Churchill-Bush connection. I can totally see that the person who said something this dumb...

"I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger, even though he may have lain there for a very long time ... I do not admit, for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America, or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher grade race ... has come in and taken their place"

- Churchill to Palestine Royal Commission, 1937

...could easily be related to someone who said something this dumb:

"Do you have blacks, too?"

- George W. Bush to Brazilian president Cardoso, 2002
Old 09-24-2002, 06:52 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:24 PM
Yea what a terrible person Churchhill was Small quotes taken out of context are not exactly an intelligent way to determine ones true feelings on complex issue's. Be happy that no one has a full text of everything you(or anyone) has said in your life to throw up in your face. In fact by your criteria you, me, and everyone may be related to Bush and Churchhill.
Old 09-24-2002, 07:27 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 AM
I was not attempting to understand their feelings on complex issues. I took two FAMOUS quotes and linked them together to show a genetic link... i.e., humor. Funny. Ha ha.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:24 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:24 PM
sure