Clooneys travel to Sudan - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 06:08 AM
If you have NY Times Select, read Kristof's columns. He's harping about Sudan for the past few years.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:08 AM
Here's an article about his appearance at the National Press Club today w/ Barack Obama. Usually they show those on CSpan so maybe they will tonight

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/...ney/index.html

Old 04-27-2006, 04:30 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:38 AM
Kristoff was the guest host on the Charlie Rose show earlier this week when they discussed Darfur with Barack Obaba, and Jans Eguland.

Here in Canada, CBC News showed a lenghty excerpt of George Clooney talking to the media. He discussed the lack of action, the little bits of success and his encounter with a woman in Darfur while he was wretching his stomach behind a tent a day after eating goat. This was followed by a story about the Montreal Canadians losing their captain Saku Koivu to an eye injury. Well, at least some awareness is being raised.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #19
Acrobat

Flipping channels and see that FOX News is showing a small clip of interview with George Clooney. Full interview will be shown tomorrow at 3 pm Eastern time.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:51 PM   #20
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
Here's an article about his appearance at the National Press Club today w/ Barack Obama. Usually they show those on CSpan so maybe they will tonight

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/04/...ney/index.html
I am SO bringing my resume if he's there.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:59 AM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
if anyone is in DC this Sunday, there's going to be a terrific rally on this -- http://www.savedarfur.org/rally/

not sure if i'll be able to go, since i've got to take Mr. Memphis out to Dulles, but i might be there.
great of you to post this info. thankyou! The website is fantastic and very informative.
I'm going with my two girls to the one in St. Paul MN this sunday.

Here's all the other locations across the nation:

April 30 Darfur Rallies Across the Nation
Portland, OR Portland's Save Darfur Rally April 30 1:30 - 3:00 PM Pioneer Courthouse Square
St. Paul, MN Rally to Stop Genocide April 30 2:00 PM State Capitol
Austin, TX Darfur Rally at the Capitol April 30 1:00 - 4:00 PM South steps of the Capitol Building, 112 East 11th Street
Tucson, AZ Tucson's Save Darfur: Rally to Stop Genocide April 30 7:30 PM University of Arizona Mall
Boca Raton, FL Rally for Darfur: Rock to Stop Genocide April 30 1:30 - 3:30 PM First United Methodist Church of Boca Raton
San Francisco Bay Area, CA Day of Conscience for Darfur April 30 Vigil: 11:00 AM,
Rally: 1:30 PM Golden Gate Bridge and Presidio Park
New York, NY Dining for Darfur April 30 Various Restaurants
Eugene, OR Rally to Save Darfur April 30 2:00 - 3:00 PM Wayne Morse Free Speech Plaza 8th and Oak
Seattle, WA Justice for Darfur: Rally and March to Stop Genocide in Darfur, Sudan April 30 2:00 PM Westlake Park: 4th Avenue and Pine Street (Federal Building to begin at 2:30 p.m.)
Somerville, NJ Save Darfur: Rally to Stop Genocide April 30 2:00 - 4:00 PM Somerset County Courthouse Lawn, Main Street
Toronto, ON, Canada Scream for Darfur April 30 1:00 PM Queen's Park
Boulder, CO Boulder Darfur Rally April 30 12:00 PM Pearl Street
Prescott, AZ Prescott Demonstration April 30 All Day Court House Square on Gurley
Vancouver, BC, Canada Darfur Rally April 30 12:00 - 5:00 PM Vancouver Art Gallery
Plymouth, MA Plymouth Area Interfaith Vigil/Postcard Writing Action April 30 12:00 - 2:00 PM Waterfront Area of Downtown Plymouth
Rutland, VT Vermont Voices for Darfur Rally April 30 12:00 PM Depot Park
Ipswitch MA Ipswitch Vigil April 30 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Meetinghouse Green and Market Street
Chicago, IL Rally to Stop the Genocide in Darfur May 1 4:30 PM Federal Plaza, Dearborn and Adams, Chicago
Old 04-28-2006, 05:40 AM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
ER begins a 4 episode arc tonight focusing on Darfur and the humanitarian crisis in the Sudan. The shows were taped in South Africa, though, but still, at least it brings this into prime time and people's homes.
slightly off topic, but yes, they've shown Carter in Darfur on past episodes, and it was shown again tonight when Dr.Pratt went down to "help out" and had a very "rough trip" just trying to get to his destination.

As for the Clooney/Oprah show, I had to Tivo it. Hopefully I'll get to watch it over the weekend.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

The Today Show segment was excellent, George's father is an impressive man. Apple didn't fall far from the tree there.

I looked for the National Press Club on CSpan last night, no luck

The Save Darfur rally in DC will be on CSpan Sunday at 2 PM ET
Old 05-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Did anyone watch the rally? I missed George unfortunately but saw him on some CNN video

I hope it will help raise awareness and prod people and the govts into action.