Clark is the most qualified - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2007, 05:05 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Clark ran a disastrous campaign in 2004. I think he's a great man and I admire him, but I wouldn't vote for him with a 10-foot pole.

Hillary is your racehorse, if you're looking to pick a winner. The Clintons know how to beat Republicans in elections. They simply do not lose elections.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:19 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LyricalDrug
Clark ran a disastrous campaign in 2004. I think he's a great man and I admire him, but I wouldn't vote for him with a 10-foot pole.

Hillary is your racehorse, if you're looking to pick a winner. The Clintons know how to beat Republicans in elections. They simply do not lose elections.
As a conservative, I hope Hilary does win the Democratic primary. I think that would guarantee a Republican victory. I am 100% serious about that.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:08 AM
I like Wes Clark. I signed onto his campaign in 2003, right after he announced. By the time the primaries got to my state (Alabama) Clark had dropped out and I voted for Kucinich. Yep, a Clarkie voted for Kucinich. I guess that shows there are liberals that would cast a vote for Clark.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

As a conservative, I hope Hilary does win the Democratic primary. I think that would guarantee a Republican victory. I am 100% serious about that.
I know what you mean, and if I were a Republican, I would be excited by Hillary's getting the nomination, because it means that hardcore conservatives who REALLY dislike her (and yes, there are lots) may turn out in large numbers.

But here's why I think Hillary can still win:

1) the Republicans will have no "dirt" on Hillary. There are no skeletons in her closet -- conservatives have already dug up everything they can on her.

2) the Clintons don't lose elections. they are the only Democrats who ALWAYS beat Republicans. That's why they drive Republicans bonkers.

3) She'll be disciplined on the campaign trail. She won't make the same strategic mistakes that Gore and Kerry made.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:33 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Hillary has 101 problems but she is most certainly electable. If anything, Bush has made her more electable because he has split the country so much that 90% of the states will vote for whatever party they always vote for. The question will come down to maybe 3-4 states that can lean in either direction.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #21
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:08 PM
Quote:

I hope Hilary does win the Democratic primary.
I think conservatives will be hard pressed to win an election in 2008. They can't bank on weak Democratic opponents this time around. True conservatives are pissed at the Republicans, and I don't see anyone running a neo-con campaign...
Old 02-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:08 AM
I don't think the Republicans can count on weak Democrats in 2008. If the Democrats have a solid, but not necessarily great candidate, they'll win. Not necessarily Hillary. I think Obama or Edwards could win, too.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:27 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Hilary won't win, fo several reasons.

No conservative female will vote for her.

No conservative male will vote for her.

Many men would not vote for a woman, no matter Republican or Democrat. I'm not saying whether that is a right attitude or wrong attitude, just a fact.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:30 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Many men would not vote for a woman, no matter Republican or Democrat. I'm not saying whether that is a right attitude or wrong attitude, just a fact.
In case you are not sure,

it is an APPALLING attitude.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Hilary won't win, fo several reasons.

No conservative female will vote for her.

No conservative male will vote for her.

I agree, although it's funny how you on to someone about speaking for all women, yet you just did the same thing for conservatives and men...

But the problem the conservatives will have is I perceive a low voter turn out on their behalf.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:40 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

I agree, although it's funny how you on to someone about speaking for all women, yet you just did the same thing for conservatives and men...
That is kinda funny, isn't it. But hey, you yourself said you agreed with me., so that's one miracle I can refer for those "who believes in miracles" threads that pop up every once in a while.

Quote:
But the problem the conservatives will have is I perceive a low voter turn out on their behalf.
The thought of a Hilary presidency would energize the conservative voters like no other candidate in the history of American politics.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

In case you are not sure,

it is an APPALLING attitude.
I know some women I would vote for, that's for sure.

But you do admit that the attitude is quite alive and well in American society, don't you?
Old 02-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Of course. I think it's probably alive in every society, not just the American one.

That doesn't make those men any less bigoted and idiotic.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:42 PM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 09:08 PM
Quote:

Well why don't you show me how he's more qualified rather than nitpick this one comment. I mean I read your article but it really didn't really answer the question.
- Supreme Allied Commander of NATO/4 star general, gives him the understanding and experience at handling the military and foreign affairs. Clark has strong connections with our allies in NATO and many foriegn leaders around the world.

- Because of Clark's high rank, he was responsible for the families, healthcare, education, etc. of thousands and thousands of people. He has "governing experience"

- First in his class at West Point, Rhodes Scholar at Oxford, degrees in politics and economics makes him one of our most, if not the most well educated candidate
Old 02-12-2007, 11:47 PM   #30
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I agree he's well educated and much more qualified for commander in chief than almost anyone, but if we weren't in Iraq would he even be considered? That's my point he only seems to have one qualifier. Where does he stand on social issues? Education? Etc...