City of Philadelphia Adds $199,999 to Boy Scout HQ Rent Due to Gay Ban - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2007, 10:33 PM   #91
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

What am I ignoring?

Once again, answer this, what does rape have to do with sex?
It demonstrates how men view sex.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 PM   #92
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Rape demonstrates how men views sex?

Wow, I'm lost.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:37 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Rape demonstrates how men views sex?

Wow, I'm lost.
How many women are rapists?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #94
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:44 PM
More than are reported, less than men.

What does it have to do with sex?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:41 PM   #95
She's the One

Local Time: 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

It demonstrates how men view sex.
No it doesn't. If it did, I'd be perfectly justified in demanding that all straight men be locked up.

Do some research on rape and find out what you're talking about.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:44 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
More than are reported, less than men.

What does it have to do with sex?
Would it be safe to infer that because there are less female rapists then male rapists that women view sex differently than men? And that difference however ample or small it may be is enough to completely refute whoever said that since "women don't min sleeping in the same tent as lesbians" that men should be able to do the same. Again, I'm not implying that every man is a potential rapist. All I'm saying is that women are more comfortable with being in a position like that then men are whether you like it or not. The way you guys are acting it seems like I'm saying gay people shouldn't be allowed in the Boy Scouts at all. All I''m trying to suggest that because of their orientation that they should have their own privacy just like women have their privacy from men and men from women.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:47 PM   #97
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

How many women are rapists?
Well the better question to ask is how many rapists are women, and the answer would be very few.

But rape(not date rape) has very little to do with sex. It has to do with power. And the truth is there are many women who use sex as power. The difference in being that they can seduce rather than violently force.

But the truth is, this still has very little to do with your point.

Look, I agree men and women view sex differently. Although honestly I really don't think it's as different as many would think. I believe a lot of our perceptions of how the opposite sex view sex are driven by our own perceptions and the media. I think the media is actually slow in showing us the reality. Reality, I know almost just as many females who just want to get laid no strings attached as men. I also know almost just as many men who have heavy emotional attachments to sex and aren't capable of one night stands. I think both of these types rarely exist in media but in my experience are more prevelant than many are led to believe.

But we're way off subject and this would be a great thread for another day...
Old 10-24-2007, 10:48 PM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Would it be safe to infer that because there are less female rapists then male rapists that women view sex differently than men? And that difference however ample or small it may be is enough to completely refute whoever said that since "women don't min sleeping in the same tent as lesbians" that men should be able to do the same. Again, I'm not implying that every man is a potential rapist. All I'm saying is that women are more comfortable with being in a position like that then men are whether you like it or not. The way you guys are acting it seems like I'm saying gay people shouldn't be allowed in the Boy Scouts at all. All I''m trying to suggest that because of their orientation that they should have their own privacy just like women have their privacy from men and men from women.
No, it would not be safe to assume that. Rapists are an anomaly. It's not the commonplace. Rapists are corrupted individuals, for reasons that in some cases are not their fault, and in some cases are their fault. But they reflect nothing on men as a whole, let alone man's view of sex.

And you seem to confuse gender with sexual orientation. Why are the two related to you?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:53 PM   #99
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

The way you guys are acting it seems like I'm saying gay people shouldn't be allowed in the Boy Scouts at all. All I''m trying to suggest that because of their orientation that they should have their own privacy just like women have their privacy from men and men from women.
When I was in the scouts privacy wasn't much of an issue. You slept in tents, usually with other scouts. The scout leader usually slept in a tent with his own son. We were boys so showering wasn't really much of an issue, most of us would go on a weekend trip and not shower, or change all that much either... Maybe my scout troop was just shy or modest. I just don't see the big deal, I can't imagine go back to my scouting days and thinking any different if one of the boys or scout masters were gay.

I kind of find your views of sex disturbing, I've never met anyone who used rape as a defintion to define how gender or sex is different.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:53 PM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

No, it would not be safe to assume that. Rapists are an anomaly. It's not the commonplace. Rapists are corrupted individuals, for reasons that in some cases are not their fault, and in some cases are their fault. But they reflect nothing on men as a whole, let alone man's view of sex.

And you seem to confuse gender with sexual orientation. Why are the two related to you?
Could it be because, in most cases, gender determines sexual orientation?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #102
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What That doesn't make any sense. If you are born female you'll more than likely by straight, but if born male you'll more likely be gay?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:03 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
You asked me how gender and sexual orientation are related and I merely answered that in most cases, gender determines sexual orientation. Boys, in most cases - except apparently when you ask someone in FYM - like girls, and viceversa.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:05 PM   #104
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You asked me how gender and sexual orientation are related and I merely answered that in most cases, gender determines sexual orientation. Boys, in most cases - except apparently when you ask someone in FYM - like girls, and viceversa.
Oh give me break.

1) Sexual orientation means heterosexuality of homosexuality. Not "liking boys" or "liking girls." Gender means nothing with hetero- or homo- sexuality.

2) What the hell does "when you ask someone in FYM" mean?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:07 PM   #105
She's the One

Local Time: 06:44 PM
Quote:
But rape(not date rape) has very little to do with sex. It has to do with power.
Don't kid yourself on the date rape thing. It's all about power.