City of Philadelphia Adds $199,999 to Boy Scout HQ Rent Due to Gay Ban - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2007, 06:09 PM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 05:27 AM
Quote:
In this case no one is telling the boy scouts they can't discriminate. They are simply no longer going to subsidise their office space if they do. If they want to have the rights of a private organisation they should be prepared to accept the responsibilities as well. Paying market value rent is one of those responsibilities. I thought responsibility was a big boy scout thing.
Sure, if $200,000 the going rate -- so be it.

Old 10-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #32
She's the One

Local Time: 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris

Do you think the city is gouging the Scouts?

Old 10-21-2007, 07:04 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:27 AM
You can easily find the current market value for any estate on the internet, so I don't think they are trying to screw them.
And it's certainly a realistic price for an estate in the city of Philadelphia.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:28 AM   #34
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 09:27 PM
thanks guys!

for the record, when i went camping i shared a tent with 8 other boys. 8 smelly farting horomonal boys, and a part from being grossed out by the smells, i went to sleep and woke up intact. In fact i actually shared a BLANKET with another boy and no hanky panky went on. Because you see, we were friends, and young, and well, he wasn't some psycho walking errection male.

anyway, just my two cents on this whole issue which i find ludicrious, and rediculous to the extreme.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #35
Jesus Online

Local Time: 09:27 PM
Quote:

Really hurts, doesn't it, this banning of gays business.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
thanks guys!

for the record, when i went camping i shared a tent with 8 other boys. 8 smelly farting horomonal boys, and a part from being grossed out by the smells, i went to sleep and woke up intact. In fact i actually shared a BLANKET with another boy and no hanky panky went on. Because you see, we were friends, and young, and well, he wasn't some psycho walking errection male.

anyway, just my two cents on this whole issue which i find ludicrious, and rediculous to the extreme.
Well, to be honest, if the little man down there wants to stand up, you have no control over it.
But anything else... well, if you can't control it you need some therapy.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 AM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

if that's what it costs to keep the queers and godless off our boys, then so be it.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

God there's lots o'hot stuff going on in showers apparently. I thought people were just cleaning themselves and washing their hair
Old 10-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
God there's lots o'hot stuff going on in showers apparently. I thought people were just cleaning themselves and washing their hair

I notice how there is so much selective ignorance going on in this subject. It´s very selfish to assume that a woman would not feel uncomfortable showering in front of a man.

The whole point of allowing same sex showering is because it is presumed that there won´t be any "peeping" going on thus ensuring each person´s privacy. How does that not make sense?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

I notice how there is so much selective ignorance going on in this subject. It´s very selfish to assume that a woman would not feel uncomfortable showering in front of a man.

The whole point of allowing same sex showering is because it is presumed that there won´t be any "peeping" going on thus ensuring each person´s privacy. How does that not make sense?
Ignorance? The point we were making is that men aren't animals (neither are women) and could actually shower together (with men and women) without attacking each other sexually. That's not the same as people feeling uncomfortable doing it. So same goes for men with men. What's "ignorant" perhaps is having such a seemingly low opinion of your own gender. That was the point.

I bet more straight guys are "peeping" at other straight guys than any gay men are.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Well, by your line of reasoning, there´s no point in having two different bathrooms for different genders because "we can all control ourselves". Give me a break.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:19 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

No-we can have two different bathrooms but, at the same time, we can also control ourselves. We can be private and modest while at the same time being progressive and human rather than animal and see ourselves as such-the two aren't mutually exclusive.

The shower issue is some red herring that some bring up here and it always seems to be regarding a gay issue. Why is that? Are the scoutmasters showering with the Boyscouts?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
No-we can have two different bathrooms but, at the same time, we can also control ourselves. We can be private and modest while at the same time being progressive and human rather than animal and see ourselves as such-the two aren't mutually exclusive.

The shower issue is some red herring that some bring up here and it always seems to be regarding a gay issue. Why is that? Are the scoutmasters showering with the Boyscouts?
You´re right in an ideal world everyone will control themselves but in the flawed world we occupy it cannot be expected from the entire population. You have to prevent.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

You´re right in an ideal world everyone will control themselves but in the flawed world we occupy it cannot be expected from the entire population. You have to prevent.
Are you talking about showers or about gay people being allowed in boyscouts? People do bad things because of the kind of people they are, not their sexual orientation-and that is related to this scout issue. There could be straight scoutmasters doing lots of bad things.

I shouldn't walk down a street, because I have to prevent xyz from a nefarious gentleman. Or maybe I should wear a burqa.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:38 PM   #45
Acrobat

I dunno - I haven't heard much about people raping each other at nudist camps. They seem perfectly capable of not attacking every sexually attractive naked body they see..? I mean, that's a lot of naked body parts out there for the eye to see, and yet, these people manage to get on wonderfully.

Sure, I can see where there'd be discomfort, but if you can't control yourself, then you have a serious problem on your hands. To tell you the truth, I've seen sufficient naked men in my lifetime that the sight of a penis doesn't really do anything for me - it's just there. At worst, I might start laughing just because it looks so silly just dangling there.

Of course, it doesn't help that I work in an animal clinic, where all you see all day are male bits dangling, and have to, with a straight face, explain what neutering is. I mean, literally, I had to explain to this guy over the phone that neutering meant removing the male testicles. Five times, no less, with a client standing there laughing like a lunatic. I was like, "Must. Not. Laugh."