Citrus? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2003, 12:17 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:43 AM
LOL...I think she does!

Melon

Old 01-25-2003, 03:27 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:43 PM
for some reason or other..I am finding the word itself "scurvy" quite amusing...scurvy, scurvy, teehee, suppose it rhymes with curvy...hmmmm.
I quit smoking about 4 months ago, so it may have something to do with Vitamin C levels...gosh I feel better. A doctor I once met, couldn't emphasis the benefits of VitC enough, Archie BiglongGreeknameIcan'tspellos. He was trying to improve the health of Australian outback aboriginals( I forget which ailment in particular). For a few cents worth of vitamins he felt they could be helped. He was treated like a quack. I wonder what became of him and his dream?
Anyway ..the grape. I hate to see them wasted. I don't drink much wine, especially red( results in thumping headache). I am going to put them through the juice extractor, seeds and all.

Just have to say as I gaze at my giant dog, curled up in as tiny a ball as is possible for him at my feet, so cute...... I LOVE Gusto.

Old 02-02-2003, 03:24 PM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 07:43 AM
from cass:
BiglongGreeknameIcan'tspellos.

is that a German name? Turkish? i can't tell

hey, i wouldn't mix those seeds in with the crushed grapes. you might get a little small grape vine growing in your stomach!

this would be a tangled mess! but the protein powder, honey, poppyseed, et al ingredients are very yummy to mix in...they do it a lot here in the City where there are several juice places to get cold drinks...but the best one is in Berkeley, near the Bank of America where i exchanged some American dollars for English pounds and Irish harps, or whatever those similar coins are, i sure needed a drink after getting customer service there!

and my distant friend Claudia the Great wasn't even still employed there, since she wasn't given a medical gift for being a seasonal teller. it all revolved around the juice store there!

hola, catch you in the melting pot of this beautiful country
Old 02-02-2003, 06:02 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:43 PM
it's all Greek to me
but I do have a story...about getting your fresh vitamins and minerals.
I was at the beach a couple of weeks and noticed a young couple having lunch, sitting in deck chairs beside their Kombi camper van. It had a little kitchen area and they were eating fresh-cooked pasta. Sitting in the doorway of the van, catching some afternoon sun, was a sweet basil plant, bushy and about half a metre high. I bet they lavish a lot of love on that plant, obviously using it to garnish their pasta.It probably even had a name...I'd call it John Cleese if it was mine.
I thought that was so cute ...and sensible.

Yay for juice extractors....celery and carrot today...yum.
btw..a big black currawong( bird) is taking care of my excess grapes and a possum is getting into the mangoes. I'm going to have to wrap them in bags if I want to get any myself...it's been dry for so long here, I can't bring myself to chase the poor animals away. I leave bowls of water out at night for the bush critters.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:28 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

*is happy to have eaten a grapefruit for breakfast*
Old 02-05-2003, 08:01 PM   #21
Refugee

FizzingWizzBees, your signature got cut off!

was that half a grapefruit, or the whole dam thing??

it's very expensive here on the West Coast to buy more than two or three of these very ripe, red, juicey, succulent citrus breakfast fruits. Sometimes they have three for just One dollar! I usually pick up one and save it for a future breakfast, then i drink the juice like it's a drink! then i save the rest for the breakfast that is probably the next morning. it will take several seasons before Brazil is quite the same, now that follower is building her Condo on the Rio sand. the sunsets there are so lovely . Maybe, if everyone prays, and says a nice psalm, a boatload of oranges from Florida will arrive plump down on the sandy, sandy and silicon rich stretch, braving the cold and inclement tides to arrive frozen and hard on the very beach in front of her bedroom. the clouds there will hardly even cast a shadow on this whole, bizarre event! then follower will read her bible and call Chris to see if Yosemite is really open in the winter, here in the Northern Clime. all this for a little fructose! the things we do for Luv .

is anyone else willing to take our half-way frozen oranges?

Luve you all,
my pet barracuda, Elsa