Circumcision reduces risk of contracting HIV by 70%... - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2005, 11:34 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:26 PM
Anti-perspirant is common courtesy, really. Now if we could only get men to shave their armpits, I'm betting the subway smell would be far more favourable.

On that note, North Americans are somewhat obsessed about hygiene. Case in point: Purell and other anti-bacterial hand lotions. People, please do not use these. Not only are they relatively useless (99.9% eliminated only means a 3 log scale elimination which you can calculate what it means when you have 100,000 bacteria, for example), but they are killing your commensal bacterial. I can't believe stuff like this is on the market outside of hospitals, I really can't.

One of the major theories for the incredible spread of allergies in the first world is that we do not have parasites to drive the opposite response. Another is that our children are kept in way too sterile an environment where allergens and various other foreign antigens are kept away from them while kids in the third world are digging and eating dirt at a young age.

It's something to consider, anyway.

Old 07-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #77
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by toscano

Why was it done ? None of your business

Why do I recommend it ? Cleaner , more hygienic, more "endurance", my wife also prefers it.
I didn't ask you, but maybe I can assume you're an alter. I didn't ask why. I asked why you would recommend it. To each it's own.

Old 07-10-2005, 02:02 PM   #78
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Anti-perspirant is common courtesy, really. Now if we could only get men to shave their armpits, I'm betting the subway smell would be far more favourable.

On that note, North Americans are somewhat obsessed about hygiene. Case in point: Purell and other anti-bacterial hand lotions. People, please do not use these. Not only are they relatively useless (99.9% eliminated only means a 3 log scale elimination which you can calculate what it means when you have 100,000 bacteria, for example), but they are killing your commensal bacterial. I can't believe stuff like this is on the market outside of hospitals, I really can't.

One of the major theories for the incredible spread of allergies in the first world is that we do not have parasites to drive the opposite response. Another is that our children are kept in way too sterile an environment where allergens and various other foreign antigens are kept away from them while kids in the third world are digging and eating dirt at a young age.

It's something to consider, anyway.
Im actually thankful that my parents kicked me out of the house to be outside all the time.
I've got no allergies
But I was sick just about every other month...
Ive always been grossed out about the hand sanitizer.
It never seemed like I felt clean after using it
Old 07-10-2005, 02:53 PM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
If only... but for some reason, they just don't want to... does shaving your armpits make you less of a man (same thing with leg hairs but that's another thread and topic to be discussed in )? Just wondering since I'm a girl.

Quote:
I guess it's somewhat of a comfort zone for people... I speak from experience of course. I use Purell and I keep a bottle in my bookbag, just never know what you'll touch by accident or whatever but I don't know... for me, I get grossed out whenever I touch something gross and there's no faucet around so a few drops of purell would do. It makes you believe you're clean lol. Plus isn't it sorta good for outside of hospital uses? I was at a PetCo and they had many dispensers (same as in an animal shelter) of Purell for people to clean their hands with.

But being on topic... I've never really encountered anyone who's been circumsized but then again, I've only known one guy really who I could ask so. Sounds painful though... do men who has been circumsized when they were little suffer through any mental anguish? Just wondering though.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:22 PM   #80
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 12:26 PM
Heh, my sister thinks seeing armpit hair on guys is so gross.... I wonder about that too, Sevikins.

Men? Any answers? .

Angela