Circumcision, on a grand scale? Or plucking out thine eye that offends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you want me to answer a question, you can always PM me. If you want to call me out publicly, I'll answer here.

As for the perception of "Conservative Christianity", it seems many simply want to run with stereotypes or highlight what I will call the circus elements. Even the few conservative Christians who post here have a divergence in views and empashis in belief. I see little attempt to gain understanding and more time spent in dismissing belief or giving it a label.

I guess this is a matter of FYM fatigue, when many threads simply interject a rejection of some conservative Christian group, even when the original article has nothing to do the the group, or Christianity.

I dont want to call you out publically, though it might seem like that. It's a kind of FYM fatigue from this end, too. I ask because I literally dont understand. I dont understand the intent for compassion above so much else and yet a visible absolute lack of that. And yes, there are different views and when comoared, they can probably be quite severe, but it still makes me wonder how there is this large refusal to accept and love. And on top of that, such little concern by these very folk of how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom