Circumcision, on a grand scale? Or plucking out thine eye that offends - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2005, 05:24 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:33 PM
Hey...if science is open to consensus, then why not geography?

Melon

Old 08-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by DrTeeth
I honestly wouldn't have seen that if you hadn't mentioned it. These people's minds must function in a rather strange way.
Exactly! That's the thing, a lot of this stuff I don't even notice until these people make a big issue out of it. Yeah, now I see it, everyone's aware of it now, and it's because of you. Duh.

Quote:
Originally posted by bammo2
lol oh for gods sake. some people really do spend far too much time dreaming up ways to be offended

Indeed they do. I dunno, I can think of far more horrific things to be bothered by, but maybe I'm just weird .

Angela

Old 08-13-2005, 06:01 PM   #18
War Child

Local Time: 01:33 PM
I'm just happy to see that L.A. County has been neutered.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:26 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Im a perv and I wouldnt notice anything if somebody didnt point it out
Old 08-13-2005, 08:58 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:33 PM
Wait a minute... These are the same people that go through animated Disney movies frame by frame looking for dirty words spelled out in the dust, or clouds, or fog, etc., etc., right??

Why is it that those who are supposed to be "pure of thought" can point out an imagined penis or vagina lonnnnnng before the rest of us perverts could ever find it????
Old 08-13-2005, 09:29 PM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl
Why is it that those who are supposed to be "pure of thought" can point out an imagined penis or vagina lonnnnnng before the rest of us perverts could ever find it????
Just to point out, this article has nothing at all to do with conservative Christianity (assuming that's what you were alluding to with the "pure of thought" reference). The decision to alter the geography was the government's, not some fundamentalist Christian group's.

Though, I know how much some of you would love to blame conservative Christianity for all of the ailments of modern society.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:45 PM   #22
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:33 AM
I still dont see any penis. If either of the 2 Los Angeles's are meant to be organ shaped, then someone needs a doctor. Not a map maker.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #23
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 12:33 PM
I wonder what those offended by the map do when they walk through the animal exhibits at the fair...pretty good chance of seeing some male genitalia, nursing mothers and maybe even some dirty animal sex. Cover the children's eyes!
Old 08-13-2005, 09:53 PM   #24
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:33 AM
I looked at the map again, because you'd replied, BAW, and I just realised I was looking at the penis upside down. Sorry for being so dumb everyone.

But that man still has elephantitis.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
some dirty animal sex.

Old 08-13-2005, 09:56 PM   #26
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I looked at the map again, because you'd replied, BAW, and I just realised I was looking at the penis upside down. Sorry for being so dumb everyone.

But that man still has elephantitis.

Yes he does
Old 08-14-2005, 03:24 AM   #27
Acrobat

This reminds of my reaction when Bono said fuck at the Grammys ("Fuck up the mainstream".)

The next morning, I kind of gathered that some people were a bit upset by something Bono had said. So I paid a little more attention and heard they were all offended 'cause he (gasp!) said a naughty word!

You know, I had to go back and watch the damn tape 'cause I hadn't even noticed. Of course, I suppose that says more about my vocabulary...or maybe my attitude towards "obscenity".
Old 08-14-2005, 09:16 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

because they're looking out for our souls. they are on guard, ready to battle temptation and Satan wherever he is lurking -- in the halls of scientific laboratories, the Supreme Court, behind the couch, or on a lewd map of SoCal. penises are to be peed out of and occasionally used to make god-fearing children. other than that, they are to be feared. feared! you know what the devil does with idle hands ... (give you a hint: begins with "m" and rhymes with "alleviate" and INXS once uttered that word in their sinful song "need you tonight").

thank goodness we have such people to look out for us! praise Jay-sus!
Old 08-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Because they're the real perverts. You are only a minor pervert in comparison.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Wait a minute... These are the same people that go through animated Disney movies frame by frame looking for dirty words spelled out in the dust, or clouds, or fog, etc., etc., right??
Mmhm. That's what happens when you have far too much time on your hands, after all.

Quote:
I've often thought about that, too. Strange, isn't it?

But I just want to know what exactly these people fear someone will do upon seeing a body part. I've seen body parts before, and last I checked, I hadn't turned into some heathen...what exactly do they think we'll do if we see that?

Angela