Circle Of Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
It makes me sick when I hear people talking about how they hope they'll be happy 'when Arafat dies', or when I hear someone refer to Fallujah as a 'shithole' and wondering what the best way to destroy it is. Or anything like that.

This kind of rote and programmed hate is very much like the kind of hate that led to 9/11. Those Arab terroritss hated us with all their being, so much they were willing to give their lives in the name of the 9/11 attacks. Was that hate substantiated? Was that attack provoked by anything legitimate? NO. Of course not.

Fallujah wasn't either(or any of Iraq for that matter). It's blind hate. Conservatives are selling this hate and contempt to us. We're supposed to hate all arab terrorists and wish them all dead. But is killing them going to solve anything long-term? I doubt it. It'll just piss off other arab terrorists and they'll be yearning even more to attack us here in America again. On and on we go. It is a circle of hate, and hate cannot lead to anything positive. Hate is the most fruitless emotion a human can feel.

16 more Americans have died in the past two days, 11 on Monday. The toll of 11 in one day is the highest single-day death toll in Iraq in six months. And what for? The circle of hate goes on and on and on.

I agree with you, and it's just that people use patriotism, national pride, or even faith in an idea to justify the cruelest of tactics. :sad:

And then there's Toby Keith. He's the one who wants to light up their sky like the 4th of July. I really despise that man. :madspit:

U2democrat said:
:yes: I wish death upon nobody. Call me a bleeding heart liberal, but i can't say about anyone "i can't wait until they're dead" or "i'm glad they're dead".

Welcome to the club!
nod.gif
Nothing wrong with being a bleeding heart liberal, I'm one myself. Death is not to be wished on anyone.

pianorocker said:
I agree with you, and it's just that people use patriotism, national pride, or even faith in an idea to justify the cruelest of tactics. :sad:

And then there's Toby Keith. He's the one who wants to light up their sky like the 4th of July. I really despise that man. :madspit:

Is there a contradiction between your two sentences?

i dont see the contradiction.

but then again, im not sure i understand the 1st sentence.

I've seen people here wishing for Arafat's death.

Are you not striving each day to be better than this man? Then why on earth would you stoop to his level?

Rise above this nonsense.

No. When the man is dead the prospect of real peace improves drastically - my opinion on the matter of Mr. Arafat will not change.

I don't wish for anyone's death, I really don't. There are some people out there who are real :censored:holes. But I think it's excessive to wish death on them.

A_Wanderer said:
No. When the man is dead the prospect of real peace improves drastically - my opinion on the matter of Mr. Arafat will not change.

ditto.

and the resignation of Sharon. if ever there were two men more designed to mutually fuck up a peace process through their stupid pigheadedness ...

A_Wanderer said:

I agree that Yasser Arafat has not been a force for much of anything besides suicide bombings and other atrocities. Maybe he'll be replaced by someone more progressive. But it's tough for me to wish for anyone's death in general. Maybe not for particularly evil people, however.

I do not wish or will death upon the man, I am just saying that I will not shed a tear at all for him and would be pleased to see change.

Quite frankly, I'll be glad to see change, too. I just hope his successor is better and actually tries to stop the suicide bombers and such. That might be wishing for too much.

nbcrusader said:

Is there a contradiction between your two sentences?

I hope not! I was just saying that I understood what namkcuR and that it sucks that people think that they can justify horrid actions or words with religion, patriotism, etc.

And, in my opinion, Toby Keith is one of those people.

A_Wanderer said:
I do not wish or will death upon the man, I am just saying that I will not shed a tear at all for him and would be pleased to see change.

Oh, well in that case, I agree with you. He has not been conducive to peace at all and many people have died in vain at his direction.

I still wish him no suffering. It's not my place to decide how he lives or dies, but I hope he takes a good load of the despair with him.

I don't think that that is wrong, this on the other hand has to be a crime against humanity. Like or like like :hmm:, not that theres anything inherently wrong with that sort of thing.

/I am really sorry but that video has to be a highlight of Arafat's life, right now I feel like burning my eyes out of my skull :ohmy:

Last edited:
pianorocker said:

I hope not! I was just saying that I understood what namkcuR and that it sucks that people think that they can justify horrid actions or words with religion, patriotism, etc.

And, in my opinion, Toby Keith is one of those people.

And that you really hate him. Join the circle I suppose.

I don't hope for people to die, I'm not that kind of person. But in this case I find it extremely hard not to feel happy for his death. I'm forcing myself not to, but I don't think that it's working very well to be honest.

Maybe it's different because I'm living here. Just try to think for a second how would you feel towards the death of a person who's directly responsible for a cold-blooded murder of a person you love? A person that was part of your life but after they were done could only be identified by DNA? To me he is murderer, literally.

I understand sarit. They've done all of their dirty work in Israel, killing the loved ones of many Israelis, including you. I wouldn't exactly cry over the deaths of the terrorist leaders either.

sarit said:

Maybe it's different because I'm living here. Just try to think for a second how would you feel towards the death of a person who's directly responsible for a cold-blooded murder of a person you love? A person that was part of your life but after they were done could only be identified by DNA? To me he is murderer, literally.

I sympathize and identify with you - I don't have to think about it for a second, I have to live with it forever.

But when these monsters die, you still don't get back what they've taken from you. So the only thing left is to actively decide that devoting even a second of your day to thinking about the thugs or hating them is too much. You didn't have a choice in losing people you love, but you do have a choice in refusing to credit a murderer with any sort of relevance.

All the best to you, I hope this man is soon just a distant memory to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom