Cindy Sheehan gives up fighting the war - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #16
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:19 AM
That's just a wee bit uncalled for.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:29 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
I completely agree with her re: the Democrats capitulating. It's an absolute embarrassment. The media has constructed a false narrative suggesting that cutting off funding means that next week they'll run out of bullets. Total bullshit.

The Democratic party is 100% useless. The Republicans are stupid and wrong, but at least they're consistently wrong and don't back off from being wrong even when it's patently obvious. It's almost perversely admirable.
oh anitram... i know i can always count on you to say what i always mean to, without actually having to!

i couldnt have said it better. the republicans are shit, no question - that's OBVIOUS to everyone living outside of america, but it's not like the democrats are any better. they're just more useless, is all.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:12 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Yep. From the outside, the Democrats look as incompetent as the Republicans look evil.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:58 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram

The Republicans are stupid and wrong, but at least they're consistently wrong and don't back off from being wrong even when it's patently obvious. It's almost perversely admirable.
All they have to do is stick to those few bullet points and they are 90% of the way there: "I'm pro-gun, anti-abortion, dedicated Christian, pro family (anti-gay), pro military. Something something freedom, something something liberty. God Bless America. Goodnight."

Hammer those louder than the others and you get the nomination. Successfully position yourself as the defender against an attack on one of those (real or imagined) and you get the vote.

Having those never changing strong points to hammer for ever and eternity is the Republicans greatest strength and the Democrats greatest weakness. They may be stupid and wrong - or it may say exactly that about those who believe in and vote for them - and the Democrats may never be able to put forward such a simplistic (for simpletons?) formula for success, but they need some sort of genius strategy like that. Some absolute definition.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:58 AM   #20
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by EdgeIsTooSexy
shes a mofo
Thanks for bringing something productive to FYM...
Old 05-31-2007, 10:54 AM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers
Yep. From the outside, the Democrats look as incompetent as the Republicans look evil.

that's kind of the view from the inside as well.

it's more nuanced, certainly, and you know why the Republicans are evil (oil money, defense money, staright up racism/christianism/sexism/homophobia) and why the Democrats are incompetent (fear of Republican attack ads, pandering).

but the overall paradigm is correct.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #22
War Child

Don't make the dems look like some kind of innocent victim. They wouldn't do what you want even if they weren't 'afraid.' They're just like all other politicians, they are all incompetant and dishonest.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:34 AM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
Being a mom of 2 sons, I honestly don't know how I would go on if something like that happened to us.

I give her credit for fighting and standing up for what she believes in.
I do too. I have one living son. Age 23. And I admire Cindy for what she has done. Bush's War has done nothing for the Iraqi people. Except to tear apart their country.