CIA, FBI??? now this is real counter terrorism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V Nura

Refugee
Three held after making terror claims at bar
By ARMANDO VILLAFRANCA
Copyright 2002 Houston ChronicleSan Antonio Bureau
SAN ANTONIO -- Bonds of $2 million were set Tuesday for three men jailed on state terroristic threat charges after a dancer in a topless bar said the men claimed they were Arab terrorists here to attack military installations.

Officials said a preliminary investigation did not uncover any bona fide connection to terrorism but more checking would be done.

The arrests were made late Monday at the XTC Cabaret Club, where an employee summoned police to report that the men who said they were Arabs were "giving her a lot of money while she was dancing" and appeared to be serious when they said "they were in San Antonio `to blow up the military bases,' " according to the arrest report.

The club worker quoted the men as saying, "We are having a good time and spending our money," just like some of the Sept. 11 terrorists had done on the eve of their attack.

Arrested were Ribhi Abdalla, 25, and Jadallah Abdallah, 21, of San Antonio; and Makram Sayel Hijaz, 20, of Mesquite, police said. Suspicions grew when they saw that the men's two vehicles had out-of-state license plates, from Florida and North Carolina.

The FBI and Immigration and Naturalization Service were notified, and while the FBI later said it was not taking over the investigation, the INS said it would put immigration detainers on the men if warranted.

"You have to take everything serious, and they (police) obviously did," said FBI special agent Mark Rich.

Police spokesman Sandy Gutierrez said that based on the initial probe "it doesn't look like there is any connection to a terroristic group."

"Nevertheless, when things were set in motion, everyone responded appropriately," she said. "With everything that is going on, they're not taking anything lightly."

Assuming the stripper wasn't some tweaked out mother of three from the trailer park down the street, if these men actually said these things then they are terrorists and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Either way, there should be a full investigation and all stones must be turned over.

I'm a wee bit suspicious.

Did the police actually hear the men claim they were going to attack, or are they going on the word of the club dancer? I'm inferring that it's the latter, though I'm not sure.

speedracer said:

Did the police actually hear the men claim they were going to attack, or are they going on the word of the club dancer? I'm inferring that it's the latter, though I'm not sure.

Yeah thats what i was getting at too Speedy
with my refrence above- mind you, she might be a model citizen too not to judge her on her occupation

I do believe no matter what this MUST be investigated to the fullest extent immediately

speedracer said:

Yes, and we all know how dancing topless impairs hearing.;)

z edge said:
Assuming the stripper wasn't some tweaked out mother of three from the trailer park down the street, if these men actually said these things then they are terrorists and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Either way, there should be a full investigation and all stones must be turned over.

So what's the penalty for telling someone you're a terrorist?

speedracer said:

Wouldn't the police have had to be at the club to hear this? And yeah what if she is a tweaked out mother of 3 from a trailor park. She could be an honours student putting herself through med school. Hehe.
Hope it turns out to be a load of shit.

DrTeeth said:

Dunno. It's probably on the order of the penalty for making a bomb threat at an airport.

DrTeeth said:

I dunno, I give up?

Whatever it is, shouldn't it be expected that we take extreme measures given what has happened and discourage this type of threat activity. Or would it be better if we ignored it for 8 more years?

Back
Top Bottom