CIA Director Porter Goss has resigned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Breaking news on CNN

CIA Director Porter Goss has resigned, President Bush announced today

CIA director Porter Goss is resigning, President Bush announced today. Bush said Goss had given him candid advice and brought honor to the job. "Porter's tenure at the CIA was one of transition," Bush said, "where he's helped this agency become integrated into the intelligence community, and that was a tough job."

more details to follow I'm sure...

Interesting.

Wasn't he one of the prominent figures rumored to have been a part of the "alternative compensation" (read: hookers) scandal that just broke recently?

3.gif
:corn:

Being from Florida.....perhaps he is just worried about the impending hurricane season.

:|

Breaking: Porter Goss to Enter Mayo Clinic for Treatment of Sex Addiction
by Dood Abides

Washington, DC (APE) - CIA director Porter Goss met with reporters today privately after he announced his resignation as CIA director with President Bush earlier today. He announced to a stunned audience that he would be leaving immediately for the Mayo clinic to pursue treatment for sex addiction.

Goss has maintained all along that he does not remember having sexual contact with hookers that were provided through wild "poker parties" sponsored by Former republican congressman Randall "Duke" Cunningham. When recently confronted with photographs, Goss maintains that it was then that he began to realize that he had a problem.

Goss related that he had struggled with his appetites for prostitutes and borderline Sado/Masochistic activities since first entering the CIA clandestine services, and volunteered that his addiction was almost a work related hazard.

The White House thanked Mr. Goss profusely for his services, and for waiting for the Friday end-of-news-cycle to make his announcement.

Goss has maintained all along that he does not remember having sexual contact with hookers that were provided through wild "poker parties" sponsored by Former republican congressman Randall "Duke" Cunningham.

God's Own Party...

Goss has maintained all along that he does not remember having sexual contact with hookers that were provided through wild "poker parties" sponsored by Former republican congressman Randall "Duke" Cunningham.

Hmm. Notice how that isn't a denial of action? "I don't remember doing it" is not exactly the same as "I never did it."

Oh, and an appetite for prostitutes and sado/masochistic behaviour is a work related hazard?? If this story is true, then the shit is about to hit the fan, folks.

Edit: Where'd you get this story, deep? I don't see any reports of it on the main news sites. Pulling our chain?

Last edited:
Diemen said:

Hmm. Notice how that isn't a denial of action? "I don't remember doing it" is not exactly the same as "I never did it."

Oh, and an appetite for prostitutes and sado/masochistic behaviour is a work related hazard?? If this story is true, then the shit is about to hit the fan, folks.

Edit: Where'd you get this story, deep? I don't see any reports of it on the main news sites. Pulling our chain?

I think the "(APE)" newswire is a clue where the story comes from.

But still...GOP members and the CIA chief allegedly in a prostitute/bribery scam at the Waterhead, er, Watergate Hotel (Repubs can't get enough of this place) is going to be crushing. How long before this scandal gets the "Hookergate" tag?

All this, plus Rove probably getting indicted soon...I would say this is getting into nightmare territory for Bush Co.

The previous article was tongue in cheek
i found while googling this subject

it seems there may be some correlation to actual facts

the excerpt below, is from a Wash post article.

Goss struggled to articulate a vision for an agency reeling from the intelligence failures of 9/11 and Iraq before the March 2003 invasion, current and former colleagues said. And Goss could not overcome a reputation as a partisan politician who worked congressional hours and appeared disinterested in his overseas intelligence counterparts. Goss also caused waves at the agency in dealing with complaints about his chief of staff, Patrick Murray. During a tense staff meeting, Goss told agency employees he did not handle personnel matters, according to people who attended.

In Goss's first days in office, his appointment of Michael Kostiw as executive director ended after it became public that Kostiw had been forced to leave the CIA under a cloud 20 years earlier. The subsequent search at the agency to find who leaked the information about Kostiw's past led the top two officers in the agency's clandestine service to resign in protest.

Kostiw's replacement, Kyle "Dusty" Foggo, is the subject of a review by the CIA's inspector general. The agency is examining whether Foggo arranged for any contracts to be granted to companies associated with Brent R. Wilkes, a contractor and longtime friend of Foggo's who had connections to Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham (R-Calif.).

Cunningham left Congress and was sentenced to more than eight years in prison for corruption. Foggo has said he has done nothing improper, and the agency has said the review is standard practice in such situations, not an indication of any wrongdoing. After Goss's announcement yesterday, Foggo told colleagues that he will resign next week. Last week, the agency confirmed that Foggo attended private poker games with Wilkes at a Washington hotel.

Over Goss's 18 months, more than a dozen senior officials -- several of whom were promoted under Goss -- resigned, retired early or requested reassignment. Robert Richer, who was head of the Near East division, served less than a year as the No. 2 official in the clandestine service before quitting in frustration over Goss's leadership last November. Richer then spent several days privately sharing his concerns with senior congressional leaders and Negroponte.

In the clandestine service alone, Goss lost one director, two deputy directors and at least a dozen department heads, station chiefs and division directors, many with the key language skills and experience he has said the agency needs. The agency is on its third counterterrorism chief since Goss arrived.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/05/AR2006050500937_pf.html

Goss' replacement, Hayden is great, seriously. And I've read one article suggesting Hayden's replacement as DD/DNI should be Gen. Clapper, another great choice.

Many are freaked out that these guys are military or military retired... but they they are NOT Rumsfield yes men, and the most certainly are NOT partisan.

How bout a big yay! for military professionalism and a big Boo for super partisan political appointees running our intel agencies!

Nice story. "The CIA pimp"

Now we know the CIA planes did not only fly around alleged "terrorists" all over Europe to bring them into countries where they could be tortured,

we may also speculate that on the way back they brought hookers from Ukraine to Langley.

Porter Goss's admission came during an interview with filmmaker Michael Moore, in a scene that was cut from "Fahrenheit 9/11."

http://politicalhumor.about.com/gi/...//www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=128

REP. GOSS: It is true I was in CIA from approximately the late 50's to approximately the early 70's. And it's true I was a case officer, clandestine services office and yes I do understand the core mission of the business. I couldn't get a job with CIA today. I am not qualified. I don't have the language skills. I, you know, my language skills were romance languages and stuff. We're looking for Arabists today. I don't have the cultural background probably. And I certainly don't have the technical skills, uh, as my children remind me every day, "Dad you got to get better on your computer." Uh, so, the things that you need to have, I don't have.
-- Rep. Porter Goss, March 3, 2004, Washington, DC

AP:
"WASHINGTON - Even before President Bush has named his choice to take over the CIA, the Air Force general who is the front-runner drew fire Sunday from lawmakers in the president's own party who say a military man should not lead the civilian spy agency.

The criticism of the expected choice of Gen. Michael Hayden to head the CIA came from some influential Republicans in Congress as well as from Democrats."

ntalwar said:
AP:
"WASHINGTON - Even before President Bush has named his choice to take over the CIA, the Air Force general who is the front-runner drew fire Sunday from lawmakers in the president's own party who say a military man should not lead the civilian spy agency.

The criticism of the expected choice of Gen. Michael Hayden to head the CIA came from some influential Republicans in Congress as well as from Democrats."

Frankly, I don't have a problem with a military guy heading the CIA. Bush 1 headed the CIA and he served in WWII. So the guy is still military? So what?

The bigger problem I have is how the
CIA [and probably the FBI as well] are being run as an arm of the White House. Yes, they are political appointees to head the CIA, but they should do the right thing for the American people, not the political party in power.

Interestingly, the news articles I've read so far seem to show key Democrats being more receptive to Hayden than key Republicans.

This is certainly quite the atypical appointment.

Melon

Yeah, but what you guys don't know is that he stood up to Rumsfield. That's the key factor here. He is not aligned with Rummy.

Back
Top Bottom