CIA Contract Pilot Claims.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
CIA and FBI were actively trying to stop an assasin from killing Kennedy in Dallas.

Todays Paper:

[Q]But what seems to start as a yarn best served from a barstool quickly gains the look and feel of real history: the CIA had received information “that a couple of Cubans were going to fire a bazooka at Air Force One in West Palm Beach,” he says. “This information came from the FBI. They had information that two Cubans had been arrested with a bazooka. There was talk about Austin, Texas—there was supposed to be a hit on Kennedy.”

Both the CIA and FBI, Plumlee adds, were desperate to track down anyone, especially Cubans, who might be plotting an assassination attempt during Kennedy’s tour of the southern U.S. And so they sent their Cuba team—including Plumlee—to Dallas.

“We were dispatched to Dallas to check for spotters, to see if we could abort any assassination,” Plumlee says. Plumlee flew Roselli and several other CIA assets familiar with the Cuban mafia crowd to Redbird Airport. They stayed at a safe house, he says, and were assigned positions along Kennedy’s limousine route.

“This was standard, routine stuff,” he says. “Nobody really thought too much about it. Our main task was the south parking lot, south of the [grassy] knoll. The object was to look for the best possible location for shooters, and go unnoticed because we were not supposed to be there. We didn’t see anything suspicious.”

Seeing is one thing; hearing another. Just as Kennedy’s limousine passed the Texas Book Depository, Plumlee recalls that he and Rojas heard a shot from behind them.

“I am familiar with gunfire, and I’ve said it to Congress and anybody who has a concern about this thing,” he says. “We both felt there was a shot that came over our left shoulder where we were standing, from either the parking lot or the triple overpass.”

Plumlee doesn’t think the CIA or FBI had a hand in Kennedy’s assassination, but that gunshot convinces him Oswald wasn’t acting alone. “There is no doubt there was a team there to kill the president,” he says. “And the fact that there was an abort team tells me there was prior knowledge. But there are people on the Internet saying I flew Roselli and a team to Dallas to kill Kennedy. And to go on a limb and say the dirty CIA planned it all? No, there were elements of the FBI and CIA that tried to stop the assassination.”

Things got weirder for Plumlee a week later. He returned to Florida, where he was arrested and extradited to Denver to stand trial on a $50 forged check. Despite the relatively nominal money at stake, and despite the absence of evidence, “the judge sentenced me to an indefinite stay in jail,” Plumlee says. “Then I was sent to the reformatory and the FBI came out telling me if I didn’t shut up about what I knew about the Kennedy assassination, I’d never get out of there.”

In September 1964, two weeks after the Warren Commission released its report saying Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman, Plumlee says he walked out of prison a free man. “No checks were ever produced written by me,” he says. “And I was never asked to testify to the Warren Commission. I never talked about it for years, until the 1970s.” That’s when investigators for the Church Committee met with Plumlee in Phoenix and took his testimony about the Kennedy assassination.
[/Q]

According to the article he also worked with Alpha 66, JMWAVE, and IRAN Contra.

Interesting article.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/cocaine-airways/25835/

Back
Top Bottom