CIA chief George Tenet steps down - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2004, 11:22 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:22 AM
To say everyone has a bias does not put all sources of information on the same level of credibility. Moore is an entertainer and has shown a willingness to bend facts to entertain his market.

Old 06-10-2004, 12:52 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:22 PM
I am not particularly going to look to Michael Moore for "unbiased" news on the subject. If there is indeed any more damning news to come out it can come from preferably more than one reliable news source. This means people who have no direct ties to either Bush's or Kerry's campaign or list of supporters. Forget Crossfire. They *tell* you they're biased.

Old 06-10-2004, 01:51 PM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
To say everyone has a bias does not put all sources of information on the same level of credibility. Moore is an entertainer and has shown a willingness to bend facts to entertain his market.
exactly... take me serious when i'm right, but when i'm wrong, i'm merely an entertainer. i'll see the movie when it comes out, but i'll download it off kaaza or bit torrent... no way i'm giving one cent to that blubbering a-hole.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:15 PM   #19
New Yorker

Re: Intelligence Wars

Quote:
Originally posted by elfyx
I think the real reason Tenet resigned is so that Bush can not invoke Executive Privilege against his testimony in the upcoming indictments against Bush and Cheney in the Valerie Plame case. Between Abu Ghraib, Chalabi, Plame, and *possibly* even 9/11, Bush & Co. are likely to be ousted by a CIA enabled coup d'etat bigger than even what Watergate ever was. Expect Colin Powell to resign soon as well. There is a growing, but longstanding rift between the Bush administration and within the intelligence communities, various alaphabet agencies, growing members of the House and Senate, and even within the military. There are rumors that Tenet was forced out, or is a fall-guy. I think that may be Bush administration spin.

My 2cents
That's the skinny I'm hearing also. One can only pray. I'd like to see him tried as a war criminal while they are at it.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:47 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:22 AM
Re: Re: Intelligence Wars

Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine

That's the skinny I'm hearing also. One can only pray. I'd like to see him tried as a war criminal while they are at it.
Old 06-10-2004, 05:15 PM   #21
New Yorker

This is another view as to why Tenet is gone.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_4636.shtml

Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides
By DOUG THOMPSON
Publisher, Capitol Hill Blue
Jun 4, 2004, 06:15

President George W. Bush’s increasingly erratic behavior and wide mood swings has the halls of the West Wing buzzing lately as aides privately express growing concern over their leader’s state of mind.
In meetings with top aides and administration officials, the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and others that he classifies as “enemies of the state.”

It reminds me of the Nixon days,” says a longtime GOP political consultant with contacts in the White House. “Everybody is an enemy; everybody is out to get him. That’s the mood over there.”

In interviews with a number of White House staffers who were willing to talk off the record, a picture of an administration under siege has emerged, led by a man who declares his decisions to be “God’s will” and then tells aides to “fuck over” anyone they consider to be an opponent of the administration.

The President's abrupt dismissal of CIA Directory George Tenet Wednesday night is, aides say, an example of how he works.

"Tenet wanted to quit last year but the President got his back up and wouldn't hear of it," says an aide. "That would have been the opportune time to make a change, not in the middle of an election campaign but when the director challenged the President during the meeting Wednesday, the President cut him off by saying 'that's it George. I cannot abide disloyalty. I want your resignation and I want it now."

WOW
Old 06-10-2004, 05:22 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:22 AM
I read that earlier this week. Pretty incredible (though not surprising--Bush has always had a crazy look in his eye, imo). Do you know anything about how reliable that site is?
Old 06-10-2004, 05:27 PM   #23
New Yorker

Not really.

They have been around a while and seem to ask the opposing party to respond. But I can't vouch for their athuenticity. They were also qouted in another site as a reason that GW is not an authentic Christian.

http://www.onlinejournal.com/Comment...-lawrence.html

Impeaching unstable presidents

By Stephen Crockett and Al Lawrence
Online Journal Guest Writers
Old 06-14-2004, 12:09 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
Sting2,

In the world of politics, please.... show me an unbiased 'source' of information.

This administration has made enough blunders to make themselves look like idiots... I'm going to wager that Moore didn't have to try very hard to do it himself.
I don't consider the removal of the Taliban and Saddam's regime from power in Afghanistan and Iraq respectively to be blunders. Nor do I consider bringing an economy out of recession with currently a 5% growth rate and one of the lowest unemployment rates of the past 30 years to be a blunder either. It will be interesting to see what if anything about these facts, Moore brings up in his little movie.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:58 AM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
This is another view as to why Tenet is gone.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artma...cle_4636.shtml

Bush's Erratic Behavior Worries White House Aides
By DOUG THOMPSON
Publisher, Capitol Hill Blue
Jun 4, 2004, 06:15

President George W. Bush’s increasingly erratic behavior and wide mood swings has the halls of the West Wing buzzing lately as aides privately express growing concern over their leader’s state of mind.
In meetings with top aides and administration officials, the President goes from quoting the Bible in one breath to obscene tantrums against the media, Democrats and others that he classifies as “enemies of the state.”

It reminds me of the Nixon days,” says a longtime GOP political consultant with contacts in the White House. “Everybody is an enemy; everybody is out to get him. That’s the mood over there.”

In interviews with a number of White House staffers who were willing to talk off the record, a picture of an administration under siege has emerged, led by a man who declares his decisions to be “God’s will” and then tells aides to “fuck over” anyone they consider to be an opponent of the administration.

The President's abrupt dismissal of CIA Directory George Tenet Wednesday night is, aides say, an example of how he works.

"Tenet wanted to quit last year but the President got his back up and wouldn't hear of it," says an aide. "That would have been the opportune time to make a change, not in the middle of an election campaign but when the director challenged the President during the meeting Wednesday, the President cut him off by saying 'that's it George. I cannot abide disloyalty. I want your resignation and I want it now."

WOW
This doesn't surprise me one bit, addicts shouldn't run for president, it's too stressful of a job for someone with that personality.
Old 06-14-2004, 11:23 AM   #26
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

I don't consider the removal of the Taliban and Saddam's regime from power in Afghanistan and Iraq respectively to be blunders. Nor do I consider bringing an economy out of recession with currently a 5% growth rate and one of the lowest unemployment rates of the past 30 years to be a blunder either. It will be interesting to see what if anything about these facts, Moore brings up in his little movie.

out of recession? lowest unemployment rates?

You've got some published numbers to back this up?

And as far as the Taliban and Saddam... great, but those two things are part of a much larger picture which so far seems ill conceived and w/o an end... given that... I've got a good feeling that's what Moore will be presenting.

Clinton had done a lot of good, yet the republicans only seemed to focus on his sex life. Every story has two sides (atleast).
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:00 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

out of recession? lowest unemployment rates?

You've got some published numbers to back this up?

And as far as the Taliban and Saddam... great, but those two things are part of a much larger picture which so far seems ill conceived and w/o an end... given that... I've got a good feeling that's what Moore will be presenting.

Clinton had done a lot of good, yet the republicans only seemed to focus on his sex life. Every story has two sides (atleast).
I think what gets Moore in trouble is that he edits stuff,
inserts stuff to make the other side look as unfavorable
as possible. Great film making. but is it a truthful documentary?

Clinton was a low life, when it came to personal life on the job.
How many other president's have fooled around on the side, and
not gotten caught?
Clinton left the office with the nation in great shape.
It took Bush a only a few months to totally mess up
the nation.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #28
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 04:22 PM
Maybee the Bush administration should start making documentaries after they lost their job at the White house - a kind of "Conservative Moores"
Old 06-18-2004, 11:47 PM   #29
Creator of the Blue Crack

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Maybee the Bush administration should start making documentaries after they lost their job at the White house - a kind of "Conservative Moores"

LOL!

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.