Christy Amanapour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2live

The Fly
She is one hot babe. Her reports every week on CNN are so interesting. She wears orange and pink lip gloss from a bombed out hovel, and this week she had on the coolest jacket with a fake fur collar, a print scarf, and another khaki scarf. Her flack jackets with the collar upturned are really gonna start some fads. If you aren't watching her on CNN, you are missing something. (not being facetious here, she really is cool besides so smart) Ok, where is the scud stud?

a hot babe? nooo way. a good looking older woman, yes. she's like one of those mother you want to...well you know. she possibily may have been hot when she was younger though, possibly.

and my brother is convinced she is a lesbain for some reason. I don't see it though.

anyway, she's definitely a good communicater and smart on her feet. I enjoy her reporting.

Originally posted by famous rungi:

Yes she is CNN's greatest asset, imo.

Yes-I agree 100 percent. She's an AMAZING woman-so articulate and knowledgeable-especially about the Middle East. Her looks and clothes are irrelevant IMO.

Not that it matters-but she is married-to James Rubin, who worked in the Clinton Administration, I believe.

I think she's the absolute best reporter on TV.

hmmm....that reminds me of an editorial that ran in the Wall Street Journal about how the writer liked Ashliegh Banfield from MSNBC because she was cuter. Ashleigh said she was disgusted by the editorial.

On a side note, Christine is the bomb. When I was younger I wanted to be like Jane Pauley. But then I realized most TV journalists are crap and couldn't hack it as actors but still wanted to be on television. Christine is one of those journalists that actually does it for the journalism.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

tease.amanpour.jpg

Hmmm, I don't see it...
icon29.gif

Originally posted by sharky:
hmmm....that reminds me of an editorial that ran in the Wall Street Journal about how the writer liked Ashliegh Banfield from MSNBC because she was cuter. Ashleigh said she was disgusted by the editorial.

On a side note, Christine is the bomb. When I was younger I wanted to be like Jane Pauley. But then I realized most TV journalists are crap and couldn't hack it as actors but still wanted to be on television. Christine is one of those journalists that actually does it for the journalism.

ahhh, ashley banfield. canada's greatest journalistic export of the moment. well, not that it matters, but she is cuter. how did the journal even draw a comparison between those two? they occupy entirely different sections of their news broadcast. it's like comparing larry king, matt lauer and jimmy fallon.

------------------
but everybody wanna live
don't nobody really wanna die
you feelin' me, right?
fred durst

mmmmmm.....jimmmy fallon...... oh sorry.

An excerpt from the WSJ
As if by design, and perhaps as an act of mercy to the viewers, MSNBC has deployed a woman for this war who is the perfect anti-Amanpour. I write of Ashleigh Banfield, who anchored MSNBC's news program, "A Region in Conflict," at 9 p.m. EST every night from Islamabad since before the bombing began. (She has just returned to Washington to anchor her show from there.) Ms. Banfield, a fine-boned lady with large, titanium glasses -- rumored, the tabloids tell us, to have cost $400 -- has no expertise of this, or any other, war zone. Nor is she of a hectoring disposition. And after a brief flirtation with flak-wear, she now dresses in simple cotton shirts.

But most gratifying has been her unwillingness to pose as The Omniscient One. Hers has been a complex learning process, and viewers have climbed the curve with her, watching with satisfaction her growing ease with the material -- genuine, rather than feigned. And unlike Ms. Amanpour, she isn't playing herself: She even went to the extent of dying her blond hair brown, an event that made news in its own right. "Banfield's a Brunette for Pakistan Coverage," USA Today told us on Sept. 26, presumably the day after she had visited her colorist, in the first of numerous references to her self-proclaimed determination to "blend in" with the natives in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom