Christians Should Follow the ACLU / Libertarians on this one...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melon said:
I believe it best to take the advice that St. Paul gave to the "Left Behind"ers of his day: stop worrying about it and live your life.

Funny, that was only half of the advice, and not in the same context as you portray.

Paul both warned of the rapture and his advice was that it hadn't happened yet.

That "Evangelical Disneyland" title is misleading.

"Highlights may include a Holy Bible Garden, full of plants and trees mentioned in the New Testament, and equipped with quiet sites for reflection and prayer. A Sea of Galilee Amphitheater will overlook the mouth of the Jordan River and hold 1,500-2,000 worshippers. And the park will have a Christian Experience Auditorium and a Multimedia Center. "

http://bluestripespartnership.com/blog/?p=4

Sounds pretty boring.

I was hoping they would have a Revelations Roller Coaster and a Pirates of the Dead Sea ride.

Last edited:
"John the Baptist" dunking tank. :up:

dunk.JPG

Noah's Petting Zoo (only pairs of unclean animals)

Moses Flume Ride (will the waters part in time???)

And the guys will want to catch a view of Bathsheba's Bath House!

and when lunch time comes around
be sure and head over to

Jesus, TC - Fish and Chips

one basket will feed the family for weeks. :up:

nbcrusader said:
Funny, that was only half of the advice, and not in the same context as you portray.

'Tis the beauty of different Christian denominations, because that's quite the context I meant.

Considering how Christians have spent 2,000 years yearning for the end of the world and haven't received their death wish yet, I would say that it isn't worth fretting over. After all, eschatology always portrays us as powerless pawns in a cosmic battle between good and evil.

With that, I always found Norse eschatology to be interesting. The coming of Ragnarök culminates in the gods destroying each other and the entire universe, while knowing their actions ahead of time and being completely powerless to stop it. As such, even the gods are pawns in their own master plan, rather than just humans.

I sometimes wonder if we could trace the origin of all these millennia of apocalyptic myths back 75,000 years ago, when we were all once a common people in Africa, with humanity having been driven to the brink of extinction from a massive volcanic eruption.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom