Christians Not Laughing At First Lady - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 05-03-2005, 07:55 AM   #31
love, blood, life
Local Time: 08:02 PM
Good article. It's in keeping with conservative Christian temperaments, though, so I wouldn't have been surprised if it was real. It perfectly captured their sense of lunatic-crazed "outrage."

I'm glad Drudge got fooled.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #32
Blue Crack Addict
I guess it was a fake press release not a blog, I don't know I do wish it was really true that Laura and Lynne Cheney went to Chippendales

Drudge, MSNBC Fooled By Latest Attack on Traditional Values Coalition

For Immediate Release
May 2, 2005

Washington, DC – The hoax press release distributed under the name of the Traditional Values Coalition is the most recent tactic in an ongoing campaign of harassment of the conservative church group over the past year, according to the Coalition’s Washington office.

“Our computers have seen more viruses than a pediatrician’s office,” said TVC Chairman Rev. Louis P. Sheldon. “Today’s phony press release is just the latest dirty trick aimed at discrediting our efforts on behalf of America’s churches.”

“We thought Mrs. Bush’s remarks at the correspondents’ dinner were hilarious. We are very pleased that she is America’s First Lady.”

Rev. Sheldon called this the latest attack on the church group’s operation in Washington.

“If you want to talk about desperate, you should look at all the time and energy being spent to disrupt our Washington office,” said Rev. Sheldon. “Each week strange things are mailed to us, all sort of mischief is played on our computer system and our staff has to deal with a host of distractions.”

“Our feeling has been to shrug it off because it comes with the territory.”

Old 05-03-2005, 03:54 PM   #33
Local Time: 07:02 PM
Did anyone happen to catch the skit concerning this on the Daily Show last night? Hilarious.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #34
New Yorker
I think this is hilarious. But if a first lady made a joke about baking cookies, it's the end of the world and a putdown to all home engineer's.

Yes the daily was hysterical.