Christians! It may be time to convert->

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melon said:
Sheer *reality* has proven that women are just as capable of teaching as any man is, if not better, in individual cases.

I agree with this 100%. But we also hold this reality to what we see as a command from God (for loving God means obeying His commands). It is a struggle to balance the two.

nbcrusader said:
I agree with this 100%. But we also hold this reality to what we see as a command from God (for loving God means obeying His commands). It is a struggle to balance the two.

"Obeying His commands." But, when the only commandment (and "law") is to "love one another," as St. Paul puts it repeatedly, then it really isn't so hard, is it?

But "love" is both the easiest and the hardest commandment to fulfill; easy, because it doesn't involve digging through 1000+ pages of arcane babble, and hard because it involves us thinking about what love means, and, thus, being forced to evaluate that our own beliefs, for better or for worse, may not live up to that standard.

I dunno...maybe after having studied philosophy for so long, the concept of "love" doesn't seem to come that difficult for me anymore. I guess I really don't understand why it is so difficult for others.

Melon

melon said:

I dunno...maybe after having studied philosophy for so long, the concept of "love" doesn't seem to come that difficult for me anymore. I guess I really don't understand why it is so difficult for others.

I haven't studied philosophy and love isn't difficult for me. What is difficult for me to understand is how people can exclude, deny, and subjugate in the name of love, claiming all the while to be following the lead of the One who personified Love.

martha said:
What is difficult for me to understand is how people can exclude, deny, and subjugate in the name of love, claiming all the while to be following the lead of the One who personified Love.

That's easy- fear.

martha said:
I haven't studied philosophy and love isn't difficult for me. What is difficult for me to understand is how people can exclude, deny, and subjugate in the name of love, claiming all the while to be following the lead of the One who personified Love.

:up:. Same with what FizzingWhizzbees and melon have said.

In regards to your answer, MrBrau1...that's what really confuses me. Why do some people have so much fear regarding issues like this? What exactly is it about homosexuals that they're so afraid of?

Angela

Last edited:
Moonlit_Angel said:

:up:. Same with what FizzingWhizzbees and melon have said.

In regards to your answer, MrBrau1...that's what really confuses me. Why do some people have so much fear regarding issues like this? What exactly is it about homosexuals that they're so afraid of?

Angela

They think if gay people become really mainstream and accepted, then their kids will become gay, and go to hell.

No.
Personally (and I say this because I don't like to speak for others even though I think many will agree with me) I think it is wrong to be gay. There. If you don't agree, as I know most of you will, well then try making a case about how "right" it is to be gay.

BrownEyedBoy said:
You're meaning to tell me you see nothing wrong with two men kissing??

No. It might take me a second to get used to seeing two men or two women being affectionate, just because I don't see it all that often where I live, but it doesn't disgust me or anything. As a matter of fact, I remember seeing the two guys kissing in that "Beautiful" video by Christina Aguilera, and I actually thought it was kinda sweet, the way they were being affectionate to each other. It really doesn't bother me.

Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
I think it's disgusting. But that is only my opinion.

Exactly, that's your opinion. But just because you personally find it disgusting, that does not mean that homosexuals should not be allowed to be together. Some homosexuals might find the idea of two people of the opposite sex disgusting, but those people wouldn't like it if they tried to stop them from doing so, right? So I don't understand why some people think they have the right to stop homosexuals from being together just because it personally grosses them out.

Angela

BrownEyedBoy said:
You're meaning to tell me you see nothing wrong with two men kissing?? I think it's disgusting. But that is only my opinion.

And you complained when people called you a bigot? :rolleyes:

You do not have the faintest idea how damn offensive that statement is, not only to the gay people who post here, but also to any person to values diversity and inclusiveness.

What's disgusting is your irrational prejudice, not two gay people expressing their love for one another.

Posts like yours make me sick.

BrownEyedBoy said:
And yes, I know what you are going to say "...they don't 'chose' to be gay....yadda yadda...". But seriously men and women were created to compliment each other.

Really? Then why did God create homosexuals, if he indeed was the one who created everybody?

Homosexuality is an aberration whether you like it or not.

In your opinion, it is. I, on the other hand, don't see it that way.

What I'm trying to say is each time it becomes more "acceptable" to be gay. And society is gradually towards making men more femenine. Just look at fashion the clothes made for men these days (ie. neon-colored sleeveless shirts with stars as logos) they are becoming more femine as time goes by.

Yeah...so...?

Now, I have a question. In the past, when homosexuality wasn't accepted, where there as many homosexuals as today? I think not. So it could very well be a psychological thing and the outlook that society has towards it that eventually defines it.

Actually, there were probably as many homosexuals as there are today. You just didn't know that they were homosexual, because they were afraid to come out and say so, because, as you stated, it was not acceptable.

Angela

I also feel disgusted about warts and worms...does that make you sick?

All I said was that two men kissing looked wrong to me. And yes, I know what you are going to say "...they don't 'chose' to be gay....yadda yadda...". But seriously men and women were created to compliment each other. Homosexuality is an aberration whether you like it or not.

The point I'm trying to make is each time it becomes more "acceptable" to be gay. And society is gradually pushing towards making men more femenine or sexual "freedom"/sin. Just look at fashion; the clothes made for men these days (ie. neon-colored sleeveless shirts with stars as logos) they are becoming more femine as time goes by.

Now, I have a question. In the past, when homosexuality wasn't accepted, where there as many homosexuals as today? I think not. So it could very easily be a psychological thing and the outlook that society has towards it that eventually defines it.

Angela, I so knew you were going to say that about them not coming out. And you know what, you might be right...but then again, I could be right.

Fact is there are far more homosexuals today than in the past. And today is when it is becoming more accepted. Do you see the correlation? Gradually society is making homosexuality the "cool" thing to do. Just like punk rock once made "rebellion" the "cool" thing to do...:eyebrow:

BrownEyedBoy said:
Angela, I so knew you were going to say that about them not coming out. And you know what, you might be right...but then again, I could be right.

Maybe, maybe not.

Fact is there are far more homosexuals today than in the past.

How do you know for sure? Once again, the amount of homosexuals may have always been the same, but they just feel more comfortable coming out now.

And today is when it is becoming more accepted. Do you see the correlation? Gradually society is making homosexuality the "cool" thing to do. Just like punk rock once made "rebellion" the "cool" thing to do...:eyebrow:

Some might be doing it just to be cool, yes, and personally, I think that's kinda making a mockery of those who are actually that way. But others, this is the real thing for them. They are gay, they will always be gay, and that's that. But for a while, they were scared to admit it because of all the homophobia that ran rampant. Seriously, after the whole Matthew Shepard incident, how many homosexuals do you honestly think were going to be brave enough to admit they were gay, especially if they lived in areas where people like the ones who killed Matthew resided?

Thankfully, times are changing, and they feel more comfortable admitting it now.

Angela

BrownEyedBoy said:
I also feel disgusted about warts and worms...does that make you sick?

I'd hope you can understand the difference between being disgusted by a worm and being disgusted by a fellow human being.

All I said was that two men kissing looked wrong to me. And yes, I know what you are going to say "...they don't 'chose' to be gay....yadda yadda...". But seriously men and women were created to compliment each other. Homosexuality is an aberration whether you like it or not.

Nope, you said it was disgusting. Are you backing off the claim?

What is your evidence that homosexuality is a "aberration"? Please, produce it now, because I've heard this argument a million times and never once has any evidence been produced to support it.

The point I'm trying to make is each time it becomes more "acceptable" to be gay.

Ah, you mean there's less homophobia? So that's a bad thing? It's a bad thing that gay people might be marginally less likely to be beaten up on their way home because some bigoted wanker doesn't like their sexuality?

Now, I have a question. In the past, when homosexuality wasn't accepted, where there as many homosexuals as today? I think not. So it could very easily be a psychological thing and the outlook that society has towards it that eventually defines it.

What's your evidence for saying homosexuality is more common now than say fifty years ago? Why do you assume there were less gay people, rather than simply less gay people who were open about their sexuality?

The fact is that people are more able to be openly gay now because there is somewhat less prejudice against homosexuality than there was fifty years ago. There aren't more gay people, there are simply fewer gay people who go through their entire life hiding their sexuality.

You want evidence as to why being a homosexual is an aberratiion? The most obvious of all. Homosexuals cannot possibly biologically mate. Impossible. And you're saying that in spite of this, homosexuality was still "meant to be"?

BrownEyedBoy said:
Gradually society is making homosexuality the "cool" thing to do. Just like punk rock once made "rebellion" the "cool" thing to do...:eyebrow:

That is fucking hilarious! It's cool to be gay, kids! It's cool to spend your entire life hiding your sexuality from your family! It's cool to walk home from that gay pub terrified that someone's going to beat you up because they know you're gay! It's cool to have people scream insults at you because you hold your partners hand in public! It's cool to know that your boss can fire you just because they don't like gay people! It's cool to read articles in the newspaper every other day by people who tell you you're "sick" and "disgusting" and "going to hell."

BrownEyedBoy, you show an absolute lack of understanding of what life is like for many gay people. You clearly have no idea of the level of prejudice that still exists against homosexuality. And that you think it is a bad thing that society is becoming marginally more accepting of gay people is, quite frankly, horrifying.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Pardon my ignorance, but I am not aware of the "Mathew Shepard" incident. Care to ellucidate?

In...1998, I believe the year was, a guy named Matthew Shepard was attacked by a few guys. They thought he was hitting on them at some bar or something, and they kidnapped him, brought him out to a field, tied him to a fence, and beat him senseless, and left him to die. And he did.

Now, when homosexuals hear about incidents like that, in which one of their own was killed by some creep, you honestly think they'll be willing to admit their sexual orientation to others?

There's a girl I know on another board whose family is living in Europe right now. She is a lesbian, but she hasn't told her family yet, and is downright terrified to do so, because she knows that if she does, her family will disown her, or worse.

Thanks to a few people out there, some homosexuals have been afraid to be open about who they are. And that, to me, is just downright sad.

Angela

BrownEyedBoy said:
You want evidence as to why being a homosexual is an aberratiion? The most obvious of all. Homosexuals cannot possibly biologically mate. Impossible. And you're saying that in spite of this, homosexuality was still "meant to be"?

Perhaps it's a way of trying to control the world's population.

Also...so I guess you haven't heard of all the cases of animals in the wild exhibiting homosexual behaviors, then?

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Perhaps it's a way of trying to control the world's population.

Also...so I guess you haven't heard of all the cases of animals in the wild exhibiting homosexual behaviors, then?

Angela

And i supposse they're the vast majority? Tell me, how many of these animals had a "natural" growth or how many of them have some sort of mental disorder?

BrownEyedBoy said:

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

It's time to let this guy crawl back into his little hole of safety and purity.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom