Christianity - do we have it right? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 10-20-2003, 06:41 AM   #16
Local Time: 03:54 AM
Son of Man is also a very specific title of the Messaih. Only Jesus uses it. Not the narrator or any other person in the Gospels or or Acts or the epistles uses it.

Old 10-20-2003, 07:23 AM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 01:24 AM
Originally posted by nbcrusader

This again sounds like fodder for the cultist who, instead of building a principle on many cross references in the bible, leads you to a place of ambiguity, with the willingness to fill in the "ambiguity" with their own ideas.

Check Scripture against Scripture. Pray for God's guidance before reading. God gave us the Holy Spirit for this very purpoes - that we would have a Counselor to help in our understanding.
yes yes..i understand that. But you cannot tell me that there is 100% no doubt the bible is what everyone says it is.
there are too many questions of translation, corruption, and selective addition of books by the church while omitting others, to eliminate doubt from my mind.

and all anyone ever says to me concerning these questions is, "you gotta have faith" and etc..., well...I think in this case it's not enough to have blind faith. If we are basing a whole religion on this book...If I;m basing my whole life and afterlife on this better believe I wanna know what it is worth.

I'm just incredibly confused about everything right now; sometimes I don't know what I believe.