Christian Teenage Marriages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
marriages started for the wrong reasons can work out alright
marriages started for the right reasons can not work out

I wouldn't recommend anyone to marry at a young age
especially not for the wrong reason such as sex
then again if you love each other and both of you develop into people who still want and need the other person in your life it can work out

I don't think (or at least I hope not that) many people get married not loving the person they're marrying
to be able to keep loving and truly wanting the other person while both of you change is where the challenge seems to be

melon said:

2) I think it is bad for people to marry so young, because we all remember when we were 20. There is still so much room to grow up for most of us!

I tremble when I think of the type of person I was at 19 when I was in my first serious relationship. If I got married at that point, I fear I would have been suffocated slowly for a long time. Now, I have my independence, I have my own opinions, and I have the confidence to speak my mind. Of course at that point in my life I didn't realize that.... I understand marriage at a young age works for many many couples, but, if it were my younger sisters for example, I would fear they hadn't had enough experience on their own to get married. Every person is different, thoughl

But the whole issue of wanting to have sex propelling a couple to get married so it can be "ok" is tricky, IMO. I would hope young religious people have enough open-minded role models in their lives to discuss this sort of thing with. Maybe ways they can deal with their emotions without turning a relationship into a marriage just to get some serious action. I hope they have the know-withall to realize a marriage isn't just about sex, and in the morning when you wake up, and the next day and the next, you have a real, grown-up situation to face.

Back
Top Bottom