Christian Nudist Colony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
Man Seeks Christian Nudist Colony

HUDSON, Fla. (AP) - Piles of trash, dirty lakes, racist property deeds and pedophiles living nearby have not deterred one man's dream of creating a Christian-themed nudist community.

Bill Martin has purchased about 240 acres of land about 30 miles outside Tampa for a little more than $1.6 million, much of it on the site of an old nudist colony that had fallen into disrepair, which he and his business partners hope to transform into a modern-day Garden of Eden.

``The Bible very clearly states that when Adam and Eve were in right with God, they were naked,'' said David Blood, executive director of the project. ``When people are in right with God, they do not have to fear nudity.''

The renovated park - to be called Natura - would feature an open church, a giant water park for the kids and classes in family building and strengthening marriage.

Martin hopes to have enough of the trash removed and facilities fixed up for a naturist marriage retreat and nude baptism ceremony in April.

Further renovations and additions are planned for completion within two years, he said.

Martin said he had not yet figured out what to do about four registered sex offenders living in or around the park, though he said he's discussing it with his attorneys.

``We'll make sure that no harm will come to children,'' he said.

Another problem is the deed to the dilapidated clubhouse and beach, in which the former owner had included language banning black people.

Information from: The Orlando Sentinel, http://www.orlandosentinel.com

:eyebrow:

I think there was a little more to the "Garden of Eden" than nudity.

Another problem is the deed to the dilapidated clubhouse and beach, in which the former owner had included language banning black people.

These types of deed restrictions should be stricken as a matter of law - at least they are in California.

We don't live in the Garden of Eden times now.
And on a side note, isn't what we are living today, societally speaking, all because of what happened in Eden? We can't turn back time.
Sucks to be living these days.
:huh:

Angela Harlem said:
We don't live in the Garden of Eden times now.
And on a side note, isn't what we are living today, societally speaking, all because of what happened in Eden? We can't turn back time.

Exactly.

I'm all about being comfortable with the body God gave me. But my concern is the children. How do you teach them, "this is the body God gave you and be free", but when they go back to the real world they are taught either to be ashamed or that nudity is about sexuality. Talk about a confused kid.

``The Bible very clearly states that when Adam and Eve were in right with God, they were naked,'' said David Blood, executive director of the project. ``When people are in right with God, they do not have to fear nudity.''

adam and eve didnt know sin before they were kicked out of the garden. bill martin trying to reason with this quote is just really stupid.

icelle said:
adam and eve didnt know sin before they were kicked out of the garden. bill martin trying to reason with this quote is just really stupid.

Exactly. They did not even know they were naked.

"A fiercely determined group of pioneers heads west after misinterpreting a passage in the Bible. Their destination: New Sodom. This is their story." :wink:

Bill Martin and his group are severly misguided, I heard him on a radio program yesterday and his views and ideas are way wacky. He actually said in the interview that teen pregnancy is less is Europe because they are more tolerant of nudist colonies. Very intelligent Bill...

go away

Back
Top Bottom