Chinese Soldiers Kill Pilgrems on there way to see the Dali Lama.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Frankly, if you're shocked, I do not know why. The Chinese government has a very atrocious human rights record.

I remember reading about this in the Indian press at the time, didn't realize the video was making the Internet rounds though.

It should be noted that the pilgrims were crossing the border illegally and ignored shouted orders to stop, although of course that doesn't justify the horrific means by which the border guards "handled" it and the video, as well as nearby climbers' eyewitness accounts, make clear that China's claim the soldiers were "attacked" was nonsense. China had been stepping up pressure on Nepal to close offices serving Tibetan refugees in Kathmandu and to more aggressively track down and deport refugees for several months by then, and for years there'd been scattered reports of Chinese border guards firing on (not actually shooting) and illegally pursuing refugees across the border, so sadly the incident did not come as a shock in Nepal. Several of the climbers from the group the man who filmed this was with reported being harassed by Chinese attaches after they returned to their base in Kathmandu--some reported being pressured by trekking company officials (big, big business in that area) not to speak up as well.

I guess so, but ours don't pop there guns at the one crossing our border.

I'm losing count of the areas in which China has such an atrocious record.

....But we dont want to interfere. It wouldn't be right.

Cultural imperialism. The Chinese are the only real civilaized peopleon earth--they have a venerated civilization going back 5000 yrs. Anybody else--but ESP the Westerners who quibble aobut "human rights" and who have meddled so much in China's internal affiars the past 200 yrs--are just "fang quai", aka Hairy Barbarians. Cnina is the Middle Kingdom (as in Middle between HEavan and Earth).

This isn't me being racist, it's the attitude of the Chinese Communist Govt, I'm sure.

I came across this horrific story last year:

New Witness Confirms Existence of Chinese Concentration Camp, Says Organs Removed from Live Victims

A former employee of Liaoning Provincial Thrombosis Hospital of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine told The Epoch Times during a recent interview that the Sujiatun Concentration Camp in China was actually a part of a hospital. The concentration camp has engaged in taking organs from Falun Gong practitioners when they were still alive and selling the organs. Since 2001, the concentration camp has secretly detained approximately 6,000 Falun Gong practitioners, none of whom have been able to leave the camp alive. The hospital removed many kidneys, livers, and corneas from the practitioners. After the organ removal, the practitioners were thrown into an incinerator, which was converted from a boiler. Their ashes were dumped together with burned charcoal.

entire article here:
http://en.epochtimes.com/news/6-3-17/39405.html

Back
Top Bottom