Chinese Map

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's been fairly well documented that the Scandinavians were here in the New World in, I believe it's the tenth century (I need to check my Viking sources). So whether or not the Chinese claim is true, they were the first "non-Native Americans" here. There are also claims that the Welsh were here fairly early and that's why some Native Americans have blue eyes. I have never seen a blue-eyed Native American but I'm told they exist.

Last edited:
Kieran McConville said:
actually i heard the chinese discovered australia too. it's all getting confusing, guys.

I actually heard that, when Australia and America were "discovered", there were already people living there. :shh:

It's very interesting... a lot of the history that they teach in American schools is already fucked up anyway, so that doesn't really surprise me.

DrTeeth said:

I actually heard that, when Australia and America were "discovered", there were already people living there. :shh:

I heard that true and then some people came by and said they were there first and started killing the people who were there before them.

America was discovered 10,000+ years ago. They were just too brown to be taken seriously, since only white people "discover" things.

Melon

Angela Harlem said:

Ferdinand Magellan :wink:

Actually, it was Capt. James Cook who discovered Australia (I believe) although the Aboriginal people were there already 40,000 years (give or take a year....lol).

The name Australia was given by an explorer named Flinders.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.....thanks.

The study of DNA has shown that everyone was still in Africa 60,000 years ago. The earliest common ancestor for everyone alive on the planet today was a man living in Africa 60,000 years give or take a few thousand years.

The first settlers to Australia as well as the first successful out of Africa migration occured about 50,000 years ago.

The America's were settled by a small group of no more than two dozen people who crossed over from Asia to America on the "land bridge" 20,000 years ago. All Native Americans from Alaska to Chile descend from these two dozen people.

AchtungBono said:

Actually, it was Capt. James Cook who discovered Australia (I believe) although the Aboriginal people were there already 40,000 years (give or take a year....lol).

The name Australia was given by an explorer named Flinders.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.....thanks.

Abel Tasman beat James Cook to Australia by over a century. Tasmania and the Tasman Sea are named in his honour.

New Zealand was discovered by the Maoris. It genuinely was discovered as there is no credible evidence of human life there beforehand. They are thought to have come from what is now Taiwan originally (or so I've read).

Last edited:
Some propose Saint Brendan as the first European visitor to the Americas. However it is generally thought this story is more in the nature of legend or heavily embroidered anecdote.

I guess the White European racial superiority myth ain't looking too good it seems we only 'discovered' Antartica. :wink:

Last edited:
nbcrusader said:

So, who stole it from the Chinese?

easier to buy stolen goods
than steal

most of the time

we bought a good portion of what we call the United States from France
and Russia

then

created wars with false pretenses to take a huge portion from Mexico

after a failed attempt in "War of 1812" to make Canada part of U. S.

"One nation under God"

Axver said:

Abel Tasman beat James Cook to Australia by over a century. Tasmania and the Tasman Sea are named in his honour.

:lol:

There's this argument in academic circles about who really did discover Australia. It was thought to be the Dutch, the Chinese, the Spanish (Magellan), Tasman or Cook. As Cook was the first to stick around and shoot some Aboriginals, he gets credit. I know you probably know this, so this isn't directed at you :D

Back
Top Bottom