China Quake: 10.000 or More Dead - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:53 AM
That line of thinking is too close to the "New Orleans deserved Katrina because they're a bunch of sinners" line of thinking for my tastes.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JCOSTER
I feel very very sorry for the innocent people their, I can't help but think that it's some kind of retribution for the turmoil in Myanmar and Darfur.

retribution on the part of whom?

Old 05-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #18
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 01:53 AM
Kharmically speaking maybe the gods are a little cranky but I'm hopeful that nature doesn't choose sides otherwise we are all doomed!

It does seem as if the govt is reacting in a much more humane way than the cretins in Burma - my ers are with all of those who have suffered - it is just so sad for the innocents
Old 05-14-2008, 04:48 AM   #19
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by Purplereign
Kharmically speaking maybe the gods are a little cranky but I'm hopeful that nature doesn't choose sides otherwise we are all doomed!

It does seem as if the govt is reacting in a much more humane way than the cretins in Burma - my ers are with all of those who have suffered - it is just so sad for the innocents
ooooops I meant prayers . . . :Pray: sorry if anyone thought I was making light of a serious situation
Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 02:53 AM
Quote:
I feel very very sorry for the innocent people their, I can't help but think that it's some kind of retribution for the turmoil in Myanmar and Darfur.
Guess we gonna see the Iraq one soon?

Sorry, I can't help.

That's one reason why I love American people, their mental power never extend the "safety" limit.

Can I also ask, if you are a Christian? To be honest, I actually looking forward to see more people like you. I never thought there were any possibility to see the US fail in my generation, but may be that day is not that farway?

BTW, just checked the news and found something rather exciting. 84 pandas in the Wo Long Gian Panda research center are all safe.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:51 AM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Yeah the post was out of line, but Big Brother deserves criticism.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #22
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Yeah the post was out of line, but Big Brother deserves criticism.
No, actually I think it's quite natural.

With a grandfather who fought in the Korea war, grow up with the economic sanction, I celebrated the 9-11 with two bottle of wine. But I was too young at that time to understand what the world really is.

It just funny to see someone could stopped at the teenage maturity all life.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

If you mean the idea of having God punish innocent people with natural disasters for the crimes of their government then yes, it is immature and stupid.

Obsequious admiration of government and nationalism is at least as ugly.

I am not a Christian.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:16 AM   #24
War Child

Quote:
If you mean the idea of having God punish innocent people with natural disasters for the crimes of their government then yes, it is immature and stupid.

Obsequious admiration of government and nationalism is at least as ugly.

I am not a Christian.
The direct translation for "Nationalism" in Chinese, is a 100% positive word, it's equal to call someone a hero.

If "obsequious admiration" can make Bush give up Iraq, I'd do it 3 times a day in a routine. I don't care to be the ugly one, if millions would be saved.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

It may well be, and that demonstrates how effectively a state can mold peoples minds. Love of nation and for the actions of government is ignorant and you will be abused by your government if you believe in it without question.

You can oppose Bush without giving deference to autocrats.

It is love of state that gives Bush support, it is nationalism that supports Americas arms industry and it is those attitudes that have sent men to their deaths since the dawn of time for good or ill.

Iraq is absolutely nothing compared to the death engineered under the Great Leap Forward. Bush is not what made the Chinese state apparatus use violence to break up student protests in 1989. America does not justify abuses in Tibet (and I agree that the Dali Llama represents a nasty feudal tradition; I don't think that justifies any and all things that China has done).

Is that unknown rebel a nationalist?
Old 05-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #26
War Child

Quote:
It may well be, and that demonstrates how effectively a state can mold peoples minds. Love of nation and for the actions of government is ignorant and you will be abused by your government if you believe that.

It is love of state that gives Bush support, it is nationalism that supports Americas arms industry and it is those attitudes that have sent men to their deaths since the dawn of time for good or ill.

Iraq is absolutely nothing compared to the death engineered under the Great Leap Forward. Bush is not what made the Chinese state apparatus use violence to break up student protests in 1989. America does not justify abuses in Tibet (and I agree that the Dali Llama represents a nasty feudal tradition).

It's a perfect picture.

Think, if the government want these people to die, why he can stop the tanks? I guess he would be already crushed into mince before someone could snap this picture.

Iraq is one country invade another country, so I don't think you can compare it with the other events you mentioned above.

BTW, I guess you didn't talk to anyone who participated in the 89 protest. Two biggest pro-China demonstration in Germany were actually leaded and organised by two people who was the students in the square on 4th June, 1989.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:56 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

He can stop the tanks because state security services can quietly execute somebody without as much bad press. That there is internal censorship within China that seems to have flushed the events down the memory hole is not a good thing (I really recommend that you check out George Orwell's book 1984, it is a good read).

And you are right, it has nothing to do with Iraq, it has to do with a state using force to suppress citizens.

Is that wrong, a necessarily evil or positive?

The government is not your friend, it will lie to you because it is serving other self-interested parties and factions, and that is not only a statement about China it is a statement about every government anywhere at any time.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

I was just stated my opinion, I've been following the atrocities in Myanmar closely. They are right next door to China and yet no help. The Junta there are taking supplies for themselves and letting people go hungry. No one knows the real toll of death there, but now China is all over the media and asking for help.

All I'm saying is that it is ironic and strange and rather eerie for an earthquake to happen. Whether its Karma, God or as simple as what comes around goes around, the situation as a whole is rather ironic.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

retribution on the part of whom?
You're insinuating that I meant someone, where as all I meant was it is rather eerie, ironic and strange all at the same time that China is behind alot of horror and now they get the biggest earthquake in 30 years.

Thats it. Don't assume. Its just a statement and nothing else.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:09 AM   #30
War Child

Quote:
I was just stated my opinion, I've been following the atrocities in Myanmar closely. They are right next door to China and yet no help. The Junta there are taking supplies for themselves and letting people go hungry. No one knows the real toll of death there, but now China is all over the media and asking for help.

All I'm saying is that it is ironic and strange and rather eerie for an earthquake to happen. Whether is be Karma, God or as simple as what comes around goes around, the situation as a whole is rather ironic.
Welcome back from Mars.