China, France, Syria help each other help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that newspapers who make such a propaganda against people of france (and not only the government) discredit themself.

Boycoting products harms the workers much more than the politicans. In days of globalisation you should think of other ways to show that you disslike the REGIME, not the PEOPLE
:(
Klaus

I think that is just ignorant.
Dreadsox, I hope you aren't inplying that this stupidity is correct. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd post you've made making reference to France bashing. Are you trying to propogate these feelings or trying to show them for the stupid ignorance of provincial idiots? Please do explain your position.

edited to say:
I remeber Virginia boycotted Russian products when they invaded Afghanistan. It just prevented me from buying my favorite Russian vodka Stolies and pissed me off.

Last edited:
1st of all I posted an article. 2nd of all I am not responsible for the banners. Finally, if people want to boycott or protest French products it is their right to, no different than the people who choose to excercize their rights in marching to protest war. I applaud both forms of protest.

Peace

Last edited:
It means I started a thread on FRANCE, CHINA, and SYRIA shipping chemicals for rocket fuel to Iraq in violation of the sanctions. This is illegal as was the shipment of parts to Iraq from French companies in January. To me it is further evidence, that working through the UN is no longer a vialble option since clearly members of the Security Council are not interested in enforcing sanctions nor are they interested in keeping Iraq in check.

Help me, please, someone:

What is "ignorant" about this post if there is truth to it? And I don't know if it is true or not at this point, but how is it instantaneously "ignornant"?

~U2Alabama

But Dreadsox - What are we really interested in. I have to agree with several others on this board.
Each nation has to look to their own welfare. The problem between what you wrote and my position against a war and for inspections and greater containment is the ripple effect across the world.
As the greatest power in the world, we have an added responsilbility to be neutral, much like Switzerland. It is only in corporate and military needs to RUSH TO WAR.
After all we need to provide a need for the threat of doom for a 400B military budget (with no real conventional military adversaries).

I'm sorry. I screwed up *big time*. The "boycott France" banner was *not* part of the article. The newspaper that carried the article, the Washington Times, is obviously participating in this campaign, and it was coincidentally on the same page as this article that Dreadsox wanted us to read. Unfortunately, because of my stupid post, people got this mixed up again.
I'm sorry, Dread. I blew it. :reject: :banghead: :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom