China Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well my homeland of the good ole USA got it's own thread, so I think the country that has the best damn food in the world deserves a thread of it's own. Yeah, so the government isn't perfect, but DAMN those people can cook!

ch-mdflag.gif

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Thousands of years of civilization. Grace and beauty and a language that gives me a headache! (but in a good way
wink.gif
)

any culture that invented the eggroll...is ok with me ...I have issues with their gov't..but the nights of take out,well make up for that

Nothing can compare to General Tsou's Chicken with pork fried rice and Egg Role! Check out 2nd Wok, 2nd street Harrisburg PA, open till 3 am on Friday and Saturday nights! There is nothing like Chinese food after several pints of Guinness.

*** I like Chinese
*** from Monty Python's Contractual Obligation Album
*** transcribed from tape 11/16/87 Daniel Rich <drich@research1.bgsu.edu>

(spoken)
The world today is absolutely cracked.
With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high.
There's fools and idiots sitting on the trigger.
It's depressing, and it's senseless, and that's why...

(singing)
I like chinese,
I like chinese,
They only come up to you knees,
Yet they're always friendly and they're ready to to please.

I like chinese,
I like chinese,
There's nine hundred million of them in the world today,
You'd better learn to like them, that's what I say.

I like chinese,
I like chinese,
They come from a long way overseas,
But they're cute, and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please.

I like chinese food,
The waiters never are rude,
Think the many things they've done to impress,
There's maoism, taoism, eging and chess.

I like chinese,
I like chinese,
I like their tiny little trees,
Their zen, their ping-pong, their ying and yang-eze.

I like chinese thought,
The wisdom that Confusious taught,
If Darwin is anything to shout about,
The chinese will survive us all without any doubt.

So, I like chinese,
I like chinese,
They only come up to you knees,
Yet they're wise, and they're witty, and they're ready to please

Wo, I chumba run,
Wo, I chumba run,
Wo, I chumba run,
Ne hamma, Ne hamma, Ne hamma chi chen.

I like chinese,
I like chinese,
They're food is guaranteed to please,
A fourteen, a seven, a nine and li-chese

I like chinese,
I like chinese,
I like their tiny little trees,
Their zen, their ping-pong, their yin and yang-eze

I like chinese,
I like chinese,
(fade out....)

and the buffets....THE BUFFETS!!!! All the chicken & broccoli, stir fried string beans, fried rice, lo mein, egg rolls, sweet & sour chicken, and WANTON SOUP you can get your grubby little mits on!

mmmm wanton soup...
------------------

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 03-25-2002).]

Believe me, food in China is completely, utterly different from what we think of Chinese food. I travel to China rather regularly and must always lick my plate clean out of courtesy to the host...Here's a dinner I ate last week:

Fried Scorpion
Shark Fin Soup
Roast Baby Turtle
Frog Fat Soup

And yes, that last one is broth with whole frog stomachs. I wretched for a day.

p.s. Diamond, you do know that the fortune cookie was invented in the States, right?
wink.gif

I went to China Town in New York City once and tried many things there. It was often very good and at worst just strange. I never thought I was going to get sick. I'm sure people in China eat Chicken and rice as well as the stuff you mentioned. A girl I knew from Laos at a place I used to work always made egg roles.

Originally posted by STING2:
I went to China Town in New York City once and tried many things there. It was often very good and at worst just strange. I never thought I was going to get sick. I'm sure people in China eat Chicken and rice as well as the stuff you mentioned. A girl I knew from Laos at a place I used to work always made egg roles.

Since when did China annex Laos?
confused.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Didn't you know? All people of Asian descent look alike!
tongue.gif

Unfortunately, I think that may have been the subconscious implication!

Sting, if you didn't mean this, then it is a complete and utter non sequitor to explain that a friend from Laos made egg roles when discussing Chinese food. If I misunderstood you, please explain.
smile.gif

Actually, I think we're supposed to be discussing more than just Chinese food but I guess this is the only thing about China people are really interested in.

Originally posted by mug222:

Unfortunately, I think that may have been the subconscious implication!

Sting, if you didn't mean this, then it is a complete and utter non sequitor to explain that a friend from Laos made egg roles when discussing Chinese food. If I misunderstood you, please explain.
smile.gif

I think he was just mentioning that his Laotian friend makes good egg rolls...since egg rolls are chinese and we were talking about chinese food...

------------------

This is such a stupid conversation that I'm laughing as I type this...but Sting commented that "people in China eat Chicken and rice as well as the stuff you mentioned," and supported this by saying that his Laotian friend makes egg rolls. Huh?

Sorry, those two sentences should be seperate. The reason I mentioned the girl from Laos was to indicate that the egg role is Chinese food. The girl told me that food in Laos was similar to Chinese food.

Back
Top Bottom