Chick-fil-A - Jesus done right!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chick fil A is a great restaurant.

In'n'Out is similar -- owned privately by a Christian family, Fast Food Nation praised the company for starting their workers at $8.25/hr with benefits (as opposed to McDonald's which keeps people at minimum wage until they quit) -- managers make $80K a year. In addition they commit to healthy food -- no microwaves, freezers or heat-lamps, fresh potatoes for the fries, etc. Yes, they print Bible notations (John 3:16) on the underside of their cups and fry bags -- but there are no quotes, just verse numbers, which lets customers draw their own conclusions. And their burgers are crazy delicious.

That's interesting, nathan. I've heard of In'N'Out restaurants before, and heard many good things about their food, but had no idea about the people behind it. I like that they let people interpret the stuff their own way, that's cool. I find their methods of making food neat, too-if I ever come across one of those places I may have to stop in for a bite.

As for this Chick-fil-A place-private business, they're allowed to do whatever they want.

Angela

I love me some Chick-fil-A. Killer shakes too.

Chick-fil-A rocks! We just got one a few months ago here (in Kansas) and people freaked out. More are starting to pop up in nearby cities.

I actually think it's cool they're closed on Sundays.

This thread speaks to the two great American obsessions: Jesus and fast food.

Just kidding guys.

Does anyone else remember Jimmy Carter appearing in their commercials way back when or am I imagining things?

I've never eaten at one as they're not kosher but they do seem to be all over the place now.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think it's cool that they're closed on Sundays too. Nothing wrong with that.

I always love the site on Sundays whenever we drive by a shopping mall, in a city near us, that has dozen fast food chains and restaurants out front. All of them very busy and stuck in the middle is an empty Chik-fil-A with those words underneath the sign: Closed on Sundays.

Taking a complete day off, a Sabbath-Time, for worship, rest, and time with family/friends is something, I think, we need.

nathan1977 >>>

In'n'Out is similar -- owned privately by a Christian family, Fast Food Nation praised the company for starting their workers at $8.25/hr with benefits (as opposed to McDonald's which keeps people at minimum wage until they quit) -- managers make $80K a year. In addition they commit to healthy food -- no microwaves, freezers or heat-lamps, fresh potatoes for the fries, etc. Yes, they print Bible notations (John 3:16) on the underside of their cups and fry bags -- but there are no quotes, just verse numbers, which lets customers draw their own conclusions. And their burgers are crazy delicious.

I have some friends, who live out West, who have told me how good the food is at In'n'Out. We don't have one here in South yet. I keeping hoping they will move East.

Their website is worth checking out.

I remember when nothing was open on Sundays...and I'm not that old. I'm not a religious person by any means, but I think an "off" day is good. Nowadays stores, restaurants etc. are open even on holidays, which is ridiculous.

CTU2fan said:
I remember when nothing was open on Sundays...and I'm not that old. I'm not a religious person by any means, but I think an "off" day is good. Nowadays stores, restaurants etc. are open even on holidays, which is ridiculous.

I fully agree. Love the work ethic and all that, but an occasional rest is never a bad thing, either.

Angela

MrsSpringsteen said:
I think it's cool that they're closed on Sundays too. Nothing wrong with that.

As long as they're not legislating it, I don't see a problem either.

Blue Laws though?

Not so cool.

Seems to me that the founder of Chick-Fil-A came out to speak to our School of Business last year...topic being corporate ethics or something like that. This year we had the founder of Costco. Also a company that pays its employees well and has a good ethical track record. Don't recall religion having anything to do with it (Costco), just smart business.

As for Chick-Fil-A, they do make good chicken nuggets. Not that I've had any since I started eating healthy and all that, but mm mm! I have a good memory. :)

^ my cousin works for Costco and they treat him so ridiculously well. One time they gave him a ten pound turkey for Christmas :drool:

Back
Top Bottom