Cheney Hospitalized with "Shortness of Breath"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Karl Rove, you are slick...

First ashcroft, now dick.

I wouldn't be surprised if sometime soon Cheney steps down due to "health concearns," remains on as an "advisor and trusted friend," and whoever the GOP feels is their top choice for 2008 gets appointed as Vice President, be it Giuliani, McCain or a darkhorse... Pataki, someone like that. Pure speculation on my part, of course, but verrry verrry interesting...

Headache-- I think this may be one of the few times we agree. Only 10 days after the election -- go figure.

The only problem with your choices Headache is that they are all too "liberal" to be supported in the primaries by the Evangelical Christians.

Last edited:
Holy crap headache, are you being a conspiracy theorist?!?!?!? :ohmy:

If this is not a Karl Rove scheme and he is having shortness of breath, as much as I dislike the man I don't wish any harm done to him. Hopefully he'll recover from whatever this is.

but if it's rove's idea......hmmmmm.....let the VP speculation begin!!!

oh wait it already has.

no they're not too liberal for republicans... those on the left seem to have this issue with moderate republicans. the fringe right isn't voting for liberal democrats... they'll vote for moderate republicans. there's no nader on the GOP side to take away votes from the fringe. the extreme right is going to vote for the GOP candidate, be him a moderate or be him a conservitive. there is no serious third party candidate to split that vote.

edit: note let me add that they'll vote for the GOP candidate whoever it is ESPECIALLY if the dems through out another liberal leaning guy.

Last edited:
Holy smokes, as much as I dislike the guy as a politician, I hope he makes a speedy recovery and is OK soon. The minute you stick the veep in a hospital, the rumor mills start grinding away.

headache,

as New York goes

so DOES not the Confederacy.

they will stay home and have stayed home on election day before.

dream on

Arnold could not even win a GOP primary in CA.

before i start sounding like oliver stone... it's quite likely that cheney really is suffering from some sort of medical problem, and i pray for a speedy recovery... it's just a little ironic... but even if it's the truth, it's still an opportunity for the GOP to set up their candidate for 2008, because either way, cheney ain't runnin' for prez

deep said:
headache,

as New York goes

so DOES not the Confederacy.

they will stay home and have stayed home on election day before.

dream on

Arnold could not even win a GOP primary in CA.

we're gonna have to agree to disagree here...

fine, some of the far right fringe might stay home... but a candidate like giuliani or mccain will steal votes from the moderate left, and will sweep through the undecided vote. :shrug: who knows... merely speculation at this point.

Last edited:
but still there is the GOP primary problem

McCain would have trounced Gore in 2000

and we would have had a popular President in the US and respected internationally too.

:lol: moderate left!

sorry that just made me laugh :reject:

I agree with headache that replacing cheney with a moderate such as guiliani or mccain is a perfect way to launch the 2008 campaign. depending on my party's nominee, i just may be one of those lefties who would vote for mccain. but if my honey buns edwards is our nominee i'll have to stay loyal :wink:

deep said:
but still there is the GOP primary problem

McCain would have trounced Gore in 2000

and we would have had a popular President in the US and respected internationally too.

the GOP heads didn't want mccain... they wanted bush. if mccain had the full backing of the GOP durring the primaries, he would be our president right now. but the GOP's changing... as i said before... a fancy facade on the same old shit.

just like if bill bradley has the backing of the DNC in 2000, he would have defeated gore in the primaries. but they certainly weren't gonna back a senator over the vice president.

Last edited:
Gosh, I'm wondering if the partisan big shots in this country, on both sides, don't have too much power. The party big shots didn't want McCain, but he would have been a much better nominee and president. The party big shots didn't want Bradley, but he probably would have been a better candidate than Gore, who was a pretty hapless candidate.

Guiliani, Powell, Rice, McCain, Pataki, etc. are all pseudo-moderates in the Repub party... B/C Bush is the one in power, the evangelicals might not care as much, if one of these moderates are picked. The one downside of being VP for some of these prospective candidates, if Cheney steps down, is that their future Presidential prospects could go south if this next term is as bad some liberals/ democrats hope it will be. ;)

Well, all other theories are aside, hopefully Cheney's health problems will be halted quickly and he'll be able to return to his normal activities soon.

I hope it's just the after effects of a chest cold.

As for Giuliani, he doesn't stand any sort of chance, except a negative one. The GOP's moved to the right, and there's no way that a pro-choice candidate makes it. Folks who find this to be immoral (and there are plenty of them) will never in a million years cast their vote for him. And the moderate left will not bleed his way, because they are sick to death of the right, and see 2008 as an excellent chance to boot them out of 1600 Pennsylvania.

Better look elsewhere for a VP candidate.

You've got a point anitram. The hard-core right wingers are not going to embrace Giuliani, who is pro-choice and has some other views that they don't like, and if the party big shots don't want him either, which they very well might not, he's screwed. Meanwhile the Democrats might nominate a Southerner, which will help in the Electoral College and neutralize the GOP's EV advantage. We'll see.

Last edited:
well he's ok.
and he did have a touch of a cold from duck hunting a few nights ago.
he just got released from the hosp.

db9
:)

I read the BEST headline with regards to Mr. Cheney's hospitalization.

Cheney rushed to hospital; Bush notified and ready to assume control if necessary

:D

Back
Top Bottom