Cheney Drops The F Bomb On Senator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
Dick Cheney uses the f:censored: word. This is funny!

Really he did not use the F-Word he took a sign from you Verte. I heard he held up a card that had this symbol on it:

:censored: U

Dreadsox said:
I find it refreshing.....:madspit:

:eyebrow:

I thought you were so bothered by this? Or is it only when a Democrat utters the word? Or is a direct interview more damning that the Senate floor? While it wasn't in session, there is a thing like decorum.

I'll leave it at that. :wink:

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:

:eyebrow:

I thought you were so bothered by this? Or is it only when a Democrat utters the word? Or is a direct interview more damning that the Senate floor? While it wasn't in session, there is a thing like decorum.

I'll leave it at that. :wink:

C ya!

Marty

Do we have a sarcasm smile? I will look....it was indeed sarcasm.

None of us should be surprised. We've come to expect uncouth behavior from conservatives. They froth like a rabid dog, and bitch when liberals do anything similar to them.

All I have to say is that the Democratic Party should demand an apology, if only to get revenge on the GOP's hounding of John Kerry.

Melon

the only explanation can be that obviously Cheney was set up by Michael Moore

somehow

melon said:
None of us should be surprised. We've come to expect uncouth behavior from conservatives. They froth like a rabid dog, and bitch when liberals do anything similar to them.

Was that really necessary? :|

Oh, I don't really care. I mainly think it's funny. Cheney has a high-stress job that I would not want. You just don't expect it from a guy with his image.

Dreadsox said:
Do we have a sarcasm smile? I will look....it was indeed sarcasm.

I don't think we have a generally accepted sarcasm smiley here. And if FYM would have to choose one, then it's certain we will never agree on it. :)
Anyway, while I have to say your first comment wasn't clearly distinguishable as being sarcastic, it is now to me. :)

C ya!

Marty

Well, sorry my thread is stupid

In the grand scheme of things I don't care either, but I do think it's undignified for the VP to say that to a Senator. That's just my opinion that I *think* I have the right to have :shrug:

I dont that he's the VP, if he loses his cool he loses his cool. were all going to tell someone to fuck off, andi f you say youre not youre lying. everybodys human

sure everybody is human

most people are also aware - and I'm quite sure Cheney is - that with your position come certain responsibilities and you need to act in a certain way to not unnecessarely offend people

it may be his god given right to say this but it wasn't a smart thing to do
Cheney was wrong to say this and I would guess even he recognizes that

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Geez, that was a worthless read. The only reason this made news is that the Republican party is synonymous with "family values" and this recent swelling of the FCC. How are we suppose to protect our children when the VP of the US uses foul languange [sarcasm]. It's nothing like Bono using it. Bono is not censoring every other American that uses it. Ok so some will say "he used it in private", it doesn't matter he is suppose to hold himself in a proffesional manner when working. It's somewhat hypocritical and that's why it made news. I couldn't give a fuck, but it serves him right that it made news.

Sure, people make mistakes. I can only hope Cheney is able to control himself a little bit better when talking to Iranian or Saudi officials. This guy is supposed to be a diplomat! :tsk:

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Well, sorry my thread is stupid

In the grand scheme of things I don't care either, but I do think it's undignified for the VP to say that to a Senator. That's just my opinion that I *think* I have the right to have :shrug:

It's not that you made this into a thread Mrs S. It's about it being news and something for people to even talk about. If the rest of the world cared as indepth as FYM this world would be such a different place :wink:

It'd be better if he hadn't done it. I agree, ideally there's more decorum in a place like the Senate. I think Leahy was shocked. Someone wrote a column about the lack of civility in politics, and went all the way back to the eighteenth century about the whole "my opponent's a crud" mentality. So this is nothing new. If you ask me, it was worse back in the '20's when the KKK accused progressives of, uh, "being born in a n:censored:r graveyard at midnight". Ugh.

There's a joke going around on the blogs that Kerry should pick Leahy as his running mate, which would give us a Cheney--Leahy debate this fall. :wink: :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom