Cheney Drops The F Bomb On Senator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
Cheney has a high-stress job

*Nods* Anyone who has that kind of a job is bound to lose their cool and say things in the heat of the moment that they probably wouldn't say otherwise. It may not have been the most professional way of dealing with whatever was going on, no, but...*Shrugs*.

This is amusing, though-as pointed out, who would've thought Cheney, of all people, would do this.

Anywho, personally, I don't care what side of the political spectrum a person falls on, if they choose to use the f-word, that's their business, and it doesn't really bother me much. As I have said many a time before, it is just a word. Besides, I agree with what Fizz said in this thread-when it comes to who's running my country, what kinds of swear words they use are the least of my concerns.

Angela

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Geez, that was a worthless read. The only reason this made news is that the Republican party is synonymous with "family values" and this recent swelling of the FCC. How are we suppose to protect our children when the VP of the US uses foul languange [sarcasm]. It's nothing like Bono using it. Bono is not censoring every other American that uses it. Ok so some will say "he used it in private", it doesn't matter he is suppose to hold himself in a proffesional manner when working. It's somewhat hypocritical and that's why it made news. I couldn't give a fuck, but it serves him right that it made news.
i agree completely. i don't care about people cussing, hell i certainly do it enough so it would be hypocritical of me to say it's not allowed. but, if i am in a meeting with my department and someone said something i didn't like, no matter how i felt about them or how i felt they treated me, it wouldn't be right to say "fuck you" to them would it? no, there's languagr you use on and off the clock, so to speak. and the fact that he offers no apologies and think leahy "had it coming" makes it worse. he's supposed to be a diplomat yet he offers no remorse for something that was clearly out of line?

if you want to draw comparisons between his f-bomb and bono's, bono wasn't saying "fuck" to or about anyone. fuck is a brilliant word that has many meanings. bono was using it as an adjective to describe their winning. cheney used it as an insult. that combined with his refusal to apologize is just...blah.

Perhaps we should consider why other institutions value decorum and standard of behavior beyond what we think is reasonably necessary.

Back
Top Bottom