Cheney-Bush 2004! Don't look here. - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
if it was a family member of yours lying in one of those caskets, would you be so willing to shrug it off as just a case of "free media?"

i for one don't have a problem with them showing caskets... it's a fact of war. but i can most certainly see why family members of the victims would have a serious objection to it.
Can you please indicate who all those people are in those caskets? As harrowing as the images are, the picture is quite anonymous. They do not identify specific persons.

I have burried a few family members myself. Still, I have no problem if someone shows a casket (or even their actual casket) since there are no identifying features on it.

C ya!

Marty

Old 04-25-2004, 04:41 PM   #47
you are what you is

Local Time: 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon
If Dubya wanted to know why the rest of the world wouldn't plunge themselves in incessant mourning over 9/11, it is for the same reason that the U.S. didn't go into incessant mourning over IRA bombings, ETA bombings, etc.
sad but true

the shock over here only has to do with the idea that "this could also happen to us now"

no matter how cruel it sounds in the end it doesn't matter whether it's Hutsi's vs Tutsi's, catholics vs protestants or Al-Qaeda vs USA

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 04-26-2004, 12:04 PM   #48
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

Can you please indicate who all those people are in those caskets? As harrowing as the images are, the picture is quite anonymous. They do not identify specific persons.

I have burried a few family members myself. Still, I have no problem if someone shows a casket (or even their actual casket) since there are no identifying features on it.

C ya!

Marty
i'm really getting tired of this argument... the reason being... i'm not trying to argue. I, me, myself... have no problem what-so-ever with these pictures being printed in the newspapers, on the internet, or show on TV. if it were a relative or a close friend of mine in one of those caskets, i may not be happy about it and i'd try to avoid the pictures, but i certainly wouldn't object to the press' rights to use the pictures. the only thing i said is that i could see why relatives of the dead soldiers may object. not that i personally object, but that i could see the reasoning behind the objections.

why would these pictures be any more objectional than, say, this picture...

... which was plastered all over the british press and i'm sure many u2 fan sties.

i myself have no problem with that picture being printed... but i could see why bono might have an objection. hopefully i've finally gotten my point across. i'm not arguing with you here... i'm agreeing.