Cheerleaders Can Display Their Breasts But Nursing Mothers Can't? - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2005, 06:04 PM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

Yes, I'm sure you are the authority on responsible parenting, knowing SO much about breastfeeding and all.....right......
I appreciate the biology lesson, maybe we can go over the antibodies present in the breast milk sometime as well? Since you probably know that most of a childs immunity is conferred through breast milk.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:05 PM   #62
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

and so the moral of the story is to be a responsible parent and not go to the game.
So breastfeeding mothers shouldn't go out in public if it's going to clash with their breastfeeding schedule?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-10-2005, 06:10 PM   #63
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

and so the moral of the story is to be a responsible parent and not go to the game.
SO responsible parents only leave the house for an hour at a time?

Is there any place other than the home that you would feel comfortable about a woman nursing?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #64
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:

Oh dear. How sad.

I note you didn't answer m,y question, so I shall ask again now. I don't like quoting myself, but I feel the need to do so here:

Quote:
The sensible arguments against are..................what, precisely??? So far there hasn't been one! We've heard the following reasons: (1) because morons could see women feeding their babies and get lecherous (in which case, they've got deep psychological problems) and (2) it isn't a welcome sight.

Am I alone in thinking that these attitudes are not sensible, practical or logical?
Well? Please impart your words of wisdom, preferably something a tad more substantial than the 'I don't like it' spiel.

*waiting*
*still waiting*
*quiet in here, isn't it?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:14 PM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh the horror!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Old 08-10-2005, 06:45 PM   #67
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

^ Not at a sporting event, where it has no place occurring.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #68
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:41 AM
Quote:

^ Not at a sporting event, where it has no place occurring.
Why does it have no place in a crowd at a sporting event?

I'd argue drunkenness and slobbery don't have a place there, but go look at what sometimes feels like the majority of the crowd ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-10-2005, 06:54 PM   #69
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78

The sensible arguments against are..................what, precisely??? So far there hasn't been one!
Perhaps it is simply considered a personal matter that some people would prefer not to witness.

There are many personal activities that we do in non-public places.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:06 PM   #70
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
I find it interesting that breasts are a big part of the cheerleaders at NFL games yet if one popped out of the uniform or a girl flashes her tits on a big screen all the men would be very happy to see it. I don't understand why it is an issue if a mother is feeding a child. If it is an issue Hooters should not be a sponsor at these events.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:08 PM   #71
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Perhaps it is simply considered a personal matter that some people would prefer not to witness.

There are many personal activities that we do in non-public places.
Don't want to witness it? That's fine! Don't look. Good grief.

That much is apparent to anyone with a couple of brain cells. I was not stating otherwise, in any of my posts in this thread. Obviously, my opinion is my opinion just as everyone else's is their own. That's a given.

I shall try again. LOOK:

Quote:

If a woman wants to breast feed her kid in the stands, then she should be prepared for males to say "nice rack" and all the other good stuff that goes on at NFL games.
That comment is not merely a personal opinion about preferring not to see women breastfeeding in public. It's about what a mother should expect to happen if she does so. This is what I am challenging. Simple really.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:24 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78
Don't want to witness it? That's fine! Don't look. Good grief.

Duh. I think we were trying for some higher level of analysis here.

There are plenty of activities that one could do where the response of "if you don't like it, don't look" would not be satisfying or acceptable.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:49 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Speaking of Sports and Breasts.....

I remember being 16 years old and visiting the Olympic Stadium in Munich....

Women sunbathing topless all around the park in the stadium.....come to think of it....I had a nice huge mug of beer in my hand.....

Old 08-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #74
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:41 PM
Listen we have an expert on parenting in here and I really don't think we're giving him the proper attention.

Mother's who breast feed don't leave the house. For the only breasts allowed in NFL are hairy man boobs or those almost busting out of a cheerleader's uniform, and the only feeding should at least clog an artery.

I think I've got it so far.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #75
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Listen we have an expert on parenting in here and I really don't think we're giving him the proper attention.

Mother's who breast feed don't leave the house. For the only breasts allowed in NFL are hairy man boobs or those almost busting out of a cheerleader's uniform, and the only feeding should at least clog an artery.

I think I've got it so far.
Thanks for playing. I said, plain and simple, breast feeding does not belong in the stands of sporting events. All I'm saying is that is being inconsiderate of those around you to bring an infant to a sporting event. I don't want to see you breast feeding your kid next to me. You'll say don't watch, but it would be hard not to if your were in my sightline of the field. Have some courtesy for the people that don't want whining kids next to them. I'm sure the infant will have a great recallection of the game you brought him to when he was 3 months old.

What happened do our discussion of breast milk? I was rather enjoying it. Did I lose you when I mentioned antibodies or conferring immunity? We'll start off simple and work our way up.