Cheerleaders Can Display Their Breasts But Nursing Mothers Can't? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2005, 04:02 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:16 PM
BVS

Old 08-10-2005, 04:10 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:16 PM
i still don't understand what exactly is offensive about breastfeeding in public. if the mother's comfortable with it, what's the big deal? if you've got a problem with it, show some respect and simply look away.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:14 PM   #33
Refugee

Local Time: 07:16 PM
Nothing wrong with breast feeding. But I'm still wondering why people would bring a very young baby or child to a rowdy, crazy, noisy sporting event? Don't people hire babysitters anymore or am I just old school?
Old 08-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Golightly Grrl
Nothing wrong with breast feeding. But I'm still wondering why people would bring a very young baby or child to a rowdy, crazy, noisy sporting event? Don't people hire babysitters anymore or am I just old school?
I agree, but I think we're taking that example too seriously. "public" can mean anything from a game to a park bench to a seat on the metro.....
Old 08-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
well, you have kids so I'm sure you know what it's like to deal with a hungry infant.....
When do they stop eating?????
Old 08-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

what is wrong with bringing a bottle if you insist on bringing an infant to the game?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier

i think it's silly to prevent women from breastfeeding wherever and whenever their child chooses, but to add a bit of a different perspective to the issue ... in high school and early college, i was a swim coach and lifeguard at a local public pool (i miss being so tan). i remember feeling utterly terribly but i had to ask a woman to leave the pool deck if she was going to breastfeed her child. why? it was an OSHA regulation. it had something to do with bodily fluids -- if, for example, breastmilk were to spill, we would have had to mark off the (probably small) area, put on rubber gloves, and spray it down with a bleach cleanser, and rinsed it out with a hose.

but we had to put on gloves in order to put a band-aid on a 6 year old (which is why we told you to WALK on the pool deck).

so who knows?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:12 PM   #38
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
If a woman wants to breast feed her kid in the stands, then she should be prepared for males to say "nice rack" and all the other good stuff that goes on at NFL games.
Why do we have breasts? NEWSFLASH: they are there for nursing babies, not for idiots to ogle. We all know that images of breasts have been objectified and sexualised throughout history. That doesn't change the fact that we have them for a reason. Logic and common sense dictate that it is damn stupid to have a problem with a mother feeding her child.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78

Oh, please. Why do we have breasts? NEWSFLASH: they are there for nursing babies, not for idiots to ogle.

It's damn stupid to have a problem have a problem with a mother feeding her child.
Why can't I have a problem with it at the given locale? I don't care if a kid sucks on his mom's breast 24/7, just don't do it at the game in the stands. I don't pay $100 to go to a game to see some woman with her boob hanging out or to listen to a whiney infant sitting behind me.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #40
ONE
love, blood, life

This thread brings out the inner child in me....
Old 08-10-2005, 05:19 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Why can't I have a problem with it at the given locale? I don't care if a kid sucks on his mom's breast 24/7, just don't do it at the game in the stands. I don't pay $100 to go to a game to see some woman with her boob hanging out or to listen to a whiney infant sitting behind me.
Ever seen a woman breast feeding before? The boob is not necessarily hanging out, given the maternity clothing that they make these days.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:21 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

What about the Dallas Cowboys, last time I noticed they had a very skimpy top that just ties in the front. Most of them have large breasts that spill out considerably
Please provide a picture or two so that I can see for myself....
Old 08-10-2005, 05:22 PM   #43
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:16 PM
Quote:

But they should pay for you to say 'nice rack'?

You know what, I don't pay to see fat men with painted chests take off there shirt, I don't pay to deal with rude people, and I don't pay to watch the slob next to me eat for 2 and half hours straight with his mouth open and nacho cheese dripping all over his shirt...but you know what? They're all there.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
what is wrong with bringing a bottle if you insist on bringing an infant to the game?
Imagine your balls constantly filling, and sometimes painfully expanding, with fluid, regardless of whether you are able (or allowed) to empty it or not......get the idea?
Old 08-10-2005, 05:29 PM   #45
ONE
love, blood, life

I am afraid randhail might go Me, Myself, and Irene on the poor woman in the stands.