Cheerleaders Can Display Their Breasts But Nursing Mothers Can't? - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2005, 10:55 AM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
ok maybe to prevent overheating is not the only reason...less clothing allows for sunlight to be taken in through the skin and aides in the production of vitamin, allowing for calcium usage in the body and preventing osteoporosis. Given the athletic moves that the cheerleaders do, they need to have strong bones, which less clothing facilitates.
Now you're just taking the piss out of us aren't you?

Old 08-12-2005, 11:12 AM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:06 PM
omg, I haven't laughed so much in a long time. Dread, you really are TOO much.

oddly enough, when I left this thread yesterday afternoon to go home, I hopped on the cramped little green bus and ended up sitting next to a woman with her baby. When I say sitting beside I actually mean squished against, because they pack people into these buses so tightly in order to maximize profits (who said Africans don't know anything about business? ) Just as soon as we pulled out, the baby started crying. The mother started pulled out her breast and started feeding him right away. We were so close, the top of the baby's head was pushing against MY breast. And I had to chuckle to myself because this is so totally normal here while it is obvious that this is not the case in the so-called civilized and advanced world. In my world, women breastfeed children all the time, everywhere. And no one stares at them or even tries to avoid looking at them. It's considered a normal, natural part of life. Men don't commit rape on the spot. In fact, half an hour ago (on the same bus route) I saw a man and a nursing mother conversing and laughing together, obviously neither of them discomfited by the fact that her baby was being fed.

It seems a bit odd to me that in a country like the USA where people dress MUCH less conservatively and supposedly have open and tolerant morals, this conversation would even come up.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #273
New Yorker

Quote:
They already do for the cold weather games. When it's warm out, they could get hot while performing and could overheat and dehydrate, thus making less clothing a better option.
Quote:
ok maybe to prevent overheating is not the only reason...less clothing allows for sunlight to be taken in through the skin and aides in the production of vitamin, allowing for calcium usage in the body and preventing osteoporosis. Given the athletic moves that the cheerleaders do, they need to have strong bones, which less clothing facilitates.
Before, I suspected that you were deliberately winding us up. Now, I'm certain of it, as I can't believe for a second that any intelligent human being could be ignorant or just plain stupid enough to believe such nonsense.

If anybody here genuinely IS that dim, I offer a labotomy and also the following Thought of the Day:
Old 08-12-2005, 11:40 AM   #274
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:06 AM
Quote:
ok maybe to prevent overheating is not the only reason...less clothing allows for sunlight to be taken in through the skin and aides in the production of vitamin D, allowing for calcium usage in the body and preventing osteoporosis. Given the athletic moves that the cheerleaders do, they need to have strong bones, which less clothing facilitates.
So cheerleaders wear revealing clothes in order to maximise the amount of sunlight their skin is exposed to? We've been taking you a bit too seriously in this thread, haven't we?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #275
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

So cheerleaders wear revealing clothes in order to maximise the amount of sunlight their skin is exposed to? We've been taking you a bit too seriously in this thread, haven't we?
Yep. Definitely. I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't fully realise it unil page 15.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:45 AM   #276
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by sallycinnamon78
Yep. Definitely. I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't fully realise it unil page 13.
lol, see I began to suspect with randhail's "the fat drunk guy is funny" comment, but the concern for cheerleaders' health has just confirmed it to me.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:45 AM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Sorry guys. No harm no foul I hope. Hopefully I won't have any nursing moms hunt me down and hurt me.

I agree it is a pretty silly issue, I can only recall one instance where i've seen a mom nursing in public and it wasn't obvious at all.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Cheerleaders matter too!
I swear. Every time I ever see a nursing mother I'm going to think of this thread
Old 08-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #279
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

lol, see I began to suspect with randhail's "the fat drunk guy is funny" comment, but the concern for cheerleaders' health has just confirmed it to me.

My concern for everone is equal...it can get pretty hot down there on the field...those poor cheerleaders
Old 08-12-2005, 11:48 AM   #280
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Damn, randhail, you wound us up pretty good there.

You're now okay in my book...although I have to say, I make fun of Top Gun every chance I get.

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:50 AM   #281
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by pax
Damn, randhail, you wound us up pretty good there.

You're now okay in my book...although I have to say, I make fun of Top Gun every chance I get.
It's so good because it's so cheesy. I mean I always play beach volleyball wearing a pair of jeans. Don't you?
Old 08-12-2005, 11:55 AM   #282
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

YOU HAVE TO LET HIM GO, SIR! YOU HAVE TO LET HIM GO!!!

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:06 PM
Quote:
Sorry guys. No harm no foul I hope. Hopefully I won't have any nursing moms hunt me down and hurt me.

I agree it is a pretty silly issue, I can only recall one instance where i've seen a mom nursing in public and it wasn't obvious at all.
Are you serious I was so ready to hate you I found this smilie just to "gross" you out

Let me know if you have to avert your eyes
Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #284
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:06 PM
I thought it used to be called trolling--"deliberately trying to get a rise out of people."
Old 08-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Gosh.........I'll think about this thread every time I see a woman breastfeeding a baby. I saw a woman breatfeeding a baby at the gym earlier today. No one objected.