Charlotte Aldebron, 12 y.o., about Iraq - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2003, 02:25 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:41 PM

or have their hands chopped off...

DB9

Old 02-26-2003, 02:27 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

Good post Salome..
for
my humanitarian friends
click away-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...898346,00.html[IMG]Extracts of a letter sent to Tony Blair from Iraqi exiles in the UK: [/IMG]

read this
DB9
Will one of the Mods cut and paste this article here for my open-minded left leaning friends?
I dont know how

thank you-
DB9

Old 02-26-2003, 02:48 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:41 PM
diamond-

i'm pretty positive you know how to copy and paste...but ok.

Liberation plea to UK

Wednesday February 19, 2003
The Guardian

Extracts of a letter sent to Tony Blair from Iraqi exiles in the UK:
On behalf of the 350,000 Iraqi exiles in the UK, we thank you for your honesty and determination at this critical time and urge you to continue to listen to ordinary Iraqi men and women. We pray you will stick to your resolve to liberate our country from a tyranny which over the past 30 years has killed nearly 2 million people.

We have suffered enough. If we had the means to overthrow this tyrant we would not hesitate. However, whenever we have tried, we have suffered a terrible revenge. We cannot take any more mass killings. Nor the execution of thousands of politicians, scientists and army officers. The groundless jailing and torture, which includes cutting out tongues and decapitation of women, is an affront to civilisation.

The anti-war coalition offers no alternative, and can only be construed as supporting Saddam Hussein. The last thing any civilised person would want to see is war. However, we do want Saddam Hussein and his vile regime removed. The people of Iraq should be given a chance to form their own democratic government after the liberation of Iraq.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:51 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

thanks lilly, youre the best.
no i dont,i mean i forget how..
Old 02-26-2003, 02:52 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

chek it out folks-

Liberation plea to UK

Wednesday February 19, 2003
The Guardian

Extracts of a letter sent to Tony Blair from Iraqi exiles in the UK:
On behalf of the 350,000 Iraqi exiles in the UK, we thank you for your honesty and determination at this critical time and urge you to continue to listen to ordinary Iraqi men and women. We pray you will stick to your resolve to liberate our country from a tyranny which over the past 30 years has killed nearly 2 million people.

We have suffered enough. If we had the means to overthrow this tyrant we would not hesitate. However, whenever we have tried, we have suffered a terrible revenge. We cannot take any more mass killings. Nor the execution of thousands of politicians, scientists and army officers. The groundless jailing and torture, which includes cutting out tongues and decapitation of women, is an affront to civilisation.

The anti-war coalition offers no alternative, and can only be construed as supporting Saddam Hussein. The last thing any civilised person would want to see is war. However, we do want Saddam Hussein and his vile regime removed. The people of Iraq should be given a chance to form their own democratic government after the liberation of Iraq.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:59 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

highlight, right click, copy, paste.

and i edited your last reply so it wouldn't look like i was talking diamond speak
Old 02-26-2003, 03:07 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Beefeater
Charlotte,

I am a little bit older than you, and sympathize with your plight, but liberation is in sight, some innocents may die, but that is war, and there is freedom in sight.

Oh and, tell your parents not to shoplift or voice their dissent with Saddam, I don't want you getting raped in Town Square by Saddam's cronies, in the meantime.

Beefeater
Please respect people and realize that her - as well as all other Iraqi peoples'- situation is not chosen and they do not need to be demeaned or looked down upon by anyone.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:46 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly
highlight, right click, copy, paste.

and i edited your last reply so it wouldn't look like i was talking diamond speak
youre great.