Charging Big Bills to Hear the Word of God

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
verte76 said:
There's a heck of alot of difference between paying costs and lying to the public about what you're doing with the money they send you.
Good point.

Originally posted by Jamila
Well, why not free tickets?

"We really hated the idea of charging," he said. "We only charged at the Garden because they asked us to."

If tickets are free, somebody could come in and ask for 100 tickets for their church and then only show up with 30 people, Iloff said, and 70 people who really wanted to go would be shut out.

"Ten bucks is no big deal and people appreciate the fact that they know they have a seat," and do

"We really hated the idea of charging," he said. "We only charged at the Garden because they asked us to."

If tickets are free, somebody could come in and ask for 100 tickets for their church and then only show up with 30 people, Iloff said, and 70 people who really wanted to go would be shut out.

"Ten bucks is no big deal and people appreciate the fact that they know they have a seat," and do

Beautiful, Macfistowannabe - those words say it better than anything else we could say.

Bless you, Bono - again.

IF GOD WOULD SEND HIS ANGELS....:up:

If some would answer reaonable questions about there posting....:huh:

Jamila said:
Bono says it better than any of us. :angel:

I have not seen any quotes by Bono.

I have seen a misrepresentation of the content in the article by a member of the forum though.

They put Jesus in show business
Now it's hard to get in the door...

Are you just blatantly igonring all of the references as to why they are selling tickets for the event? It has nothing to do with show business.

~U2Alabama

I think some folks will continue to keep this thread going ad naseum just to try to batter home a point.

I think unless someone has something NEW to add to this thread that's relevant, maybe we should concentrate our efforts elsewhere.
:up:

Jamila said:
I think some folks will continue to keep this thread going ad naseum just to try to batter home a point.

I think unless someone has something NEW to add to this thread that's relevant, maybe we should concentrate our efforts elsewhere.

I think that several folks have asked a specific member of the forum direct and relevant questions and deserve the courtesy of a reply.

An answer like "I misread the article the first time through, sorry" would placate a lot of folks.

An answer like "Preachers shouldn't ever charge admission for an event because of ..." could be a springboard for further discussion.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Charging Big Bills to Hear the Word of God

BostonAnne said:

I started a post the other day, but my computer kept freezing up. I didn't even realize it actually finished - twice! Sorry about that! :huh:

What I was trying to say was that I agreed with the principle that free tickets would go unused and people that wanted to go would be shut out if they didn't get a ticket.

Jamila said:

Ignorance is bliss.....

Why come to a forum if you are not willing to answer other members questions?

I think if you are going to post an article for discussion, you take a position, and other members ask you how you can support your position, they deserve an answer.

Otherwise, in my opinion this article was posted with an ulterior motive. certainly not to Free Your Mind or anyone elses.

So waht does that leave me with? In my opinion, a member of the forum, who does not read their own articles, makes false statements about the situtation, because they have an agenda.

Back
Top Bottom