Change in the News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wizard2c

Refugee
I was home feeling under the weather today and noticed CNN has a new format of news.........is this a temporary thing............I can't keep track of who is on when or if not. I think Anderson Cooper is still there but I haven't seen much of him lately after the hurricane blew in. Are more changes to come?

:eyebrow:

CNN has changed A TON since they've gotten a new exec producer...and I'm not fond of many of the changes. :tsk:

no more bill hemmer :sad:
no more capital gang :sad:
no more crossfire :sad:
no more judy woodruff :sad:

That makes two of us....at times I have to double check to see if I have the right station on. Seems there is very little discussion any more and whatever there is all appears so pre-rehearsed.

Well times change...at least their web-site is still good. They always seem to have U2 related items quite often.

:|

It's stupid to scrap the opinion shows. Even though I'm not a big fan of pundits in general some of them are pretty damn good--Tucker Carlson and James Carville, to name two.

MrsSpringsteen said:
CNN is going down the toilet of tabloidization

Funny. The head of CNN's reasoning behind scrapping these opinion shows was that he was aiming to get back to credible, hard news, rather than stooping to the same hysterical antics of FOX News.

If it fails, he'll lose his job and I'm sure a new batch of hysterical antics will come back.

Melon

wizard2c said:
I was home feeling under the weather today and noticed CNN has a new format of news.........is this a temporary thing............I can't keep track of who is on when or if not. I think Anderson Cooper is still there but I haven't seen much of him lately after the hurricane blew in. Are more changes to come?

They'd better not get rid of Anderson. :down:

Well they said Anderson was off again last night...........see if he appears tonight. I like Aaron Brown too.......always like his tomorrow's newspapers tonight.........{always like to be ahead of time}.

:|

:mad: Just realized I typed "you're" in that post when the correct word is "your". Grrrrrr.... now I have to rap my own knuckles five times for improper word usage. :grumpy:

:wink: :giggle:

Anderson back.....tonight from London {in front of Big Ben}......glad to see he's still around........talking point: fantastic.

:shifty:

U2democrat said:
CNN has changed A TON since they've gotten a new exec producer...and I'm not fond of many of the changes. :tsk:

no more bill hemmer :sad:
no more capital gang :sad:
no more crossfire :sad:
no more judy woodruff :sad:

I have no idea about Bill Hemmer, but the axing of those three, IMO, is a huge step in the positive direction. :shrug:

I just have very little tolerance for people screaming at each other like children at a playground. Talk about disrespect for discourse. :huh:

i was home sick for the first three days of the week.

The Situation Room is a cartoon. was i supposed to feel like president of the world being briefed on 'situations' around the globe? that is how wolf made me feel.

he makes me...uncomfortable.

I used to walk crossfire but I didn't really like it. It was just political banter.

I agree with Jon Stewart. Shows like that are hurting America.

meegannie said:
Anderson Cooper is on CNN? I remember him from Channel One.

Your penguins are cute. Where is Channel One?

I've only caught Situation Room briefly today....

:blahblah:

Now I'm really getting confused.

There's the Anderson Cooper show hosted by Heidi Collins, then Paula Zahn anchors on the Aaron Brown show.....what's next....Wolf filling in for Larry King?

Half the time I don't know what show I'm watching....why don't they just call it the News Hour?

"ICN has learned that Bill Hemmer will debut on Fox News Channel this Monday, August 29th in the 12pm EST hour of Fox News Live"

At least I can see that cutie again :wink: but FOX? How could he? I thought it might be Court TV because he dates Kimberly Newsom

Rumor is that Aaron Brown will be dumped too.

MrsSpringsteen said:
"ICN has learned that Bill Hemmer will debut on Fox News Channel this Monday, August 29th in the 12pm EST hour of Fox News Live"

At least I can see that cutie again :wink: but FOX? How could he? I thought it might be Court TV because he dates Kimberly Newsom

Rumor is that Aaron Brown will be dumped too.

BILL HEMMER IS GOING TO FOX NEWS?!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

excuse me while i go mourn. :sad::sigh:

Personally, I'd be happy if every single "opinion" show that debuted within the past 10 yrs on ANY station was scrapped. Becuase what it has led to is the Ceasarean Rome-ing of the masses. F#*$($ng bread and circuses. If the news is not entertaining, it is one big yawn. We expect our news to come with big popcorn and junk food buckets of talking point "debate." If it was possible to bring back Uncle Walter, the audience would do the equivalent of throwing tomatoes at him and booing him off the stage while munching on their popcorn.

I don't remember being bored with the news until the tabloidization of it taught me to be bored. Certainly, as a kid, "Nightline" didn't leave me bored or feeling bereft. I'd rather eat Shredded Wheat newswise these days, when so much is imjportant is going on, than sugar-laced, teeth rotting crap (fill in sugared cereal of your choice.) It may taste good, but it rots your teeth in the long run (your brain). In the end, we have all been dumbed down. It's sad when I have to go on foreign news sites to find out what's happening with international news.

Last edited:
Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Your penguins are cute. Where is Channel One?

It's product placement infotainment that gets played in high schools during homeroom.

I remember it during high school. Lisa Ling was also on it. I'm glad that both she and Anderson Cooper ran far away from it.

Melon

Yeah, Democrat, I like my trans-fat laden bucket of popcorn as much as anyone else. Fortunately, I realize the stuff was threatening to rot my brain, so I went on Bill O' Reilly Anonymous.:wink:

There's omly so much an intelligent, college-educated mind can take before it implodes.

BTW...I read on another thread that even FOX has negative comments about the Iraqi Constitution? I don't watch Fox anymore. What ecactly are they saying? I'd love to know, but the talking heads on that channel give me the heebie jeebs these days.

Back
Top Bottom