Change in the News - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:44 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=1222866&page=1

Oct. 17, 2005 — Martin Bashir, Cynthia McFadden, and Terry Moran have been named co-anchors of "Nightline," ABC News President David Westin announced today.

The three will assume anchor duties Monday, Nov. 28, with Moran in Washington and McFadden and Bashir in New York. McFadden will continue to anchor and report for ABC News "Primetime," where she has had a role since 1996, and Bashir, who joined ABC in 2004, will continue to report for the news magazine "20/20."

Old 10-18-2005, 11:14 PM   #77
Refugee

Local Time: 09:44 AM

Here we go with the fear factor again..........another Hurricane. Oh well, living in Florida you take them in stride.....just stay hunkered down.

If Governor Bush says to evacuate......then will follow plans..........

But it's like the cable news media want to dwell on it.....besides we have our local weather people with quite accurate forecasts and hurricane tracking.

I'm just so TIRED of this FEAR factor already........

Old 10-19-2005, 09:23 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

I am so tired of it too, if the hurricanes don't get you the bird flu will

I guess we should all build bunkers and just count down the days..

Btw Anderson was adorable on Letterman he told the story about his mother writing her memoirs and talking about her sex life -that was one of his Details columns
Old 10-19-2005, 09:27 AM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

I wonder how long it'll be before Anderson is in Florida.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:38 PM   #80
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat
I wonder how long it'll be before Anderson is in Florida.
Don't worry....he's already in Naples along with a team of 40-50 CNN red-clad hurricane followers including Miles O'Brien the science member.....Dr.Gupta is probably still in Asia tracking down the vulture-virus there so I don't think you'll be seeing him.

Seems there will be more reporters in South Florida than residents....and just think...it's expected to land Monday when the rest of Florida and the country will be at work and miss most of the live wind-in-your-hair down-home report.

For those who may have any interest in the article....log on to SPTimes.com for a full blown photo of Anderson and the article. Sorry...I'm using my printed copy to tuck under my front door just in case any water should try to seep thru.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:34 PM   #81
Refugee

Why oh why......???
This is a repeat of a repeat of a previous repeat.......

Anderson Cooper out in the hurricane wind and rain again......

I wonder if CNN sells those red jackets to the general public.......not that I want to buy one........but I was just questioning why I subject myself?

Do I really need to watch people stand outside in it all?

Old 10-24-2005, 04:14 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

I've watched some of the Hurricane Wilma coverage because I'm concerned about the people who will be affected, but I can get this same information on the Internet, complete with videos for visuals, so I find myself wondering why in the hell I'm watching it. Mainly because there's a TV in my workroom and I've been obsessively working on a painting.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:43 PM   #83
Refugee

Okay now
Situation Room on at 10am and 7pm in addition to whatever time???.........now what happened to Anderson and 360..........

and Geraldo starts his new program at 7pm on regular FOX...

anyone in the loop can fill me in here?

I know....it must be the hurricanes that did it.......so I imagine Aaron Brown and Anderson Cooper are co-anchoring the 10pm slot...or am I wrong here too?

This is getting too confusing..........{ugh....}

Old 11-02-2005, 03:08 PM   #84
Refugee

Okay.....now that we lost Anderson......Aaron Brown is now missing................it's getting to be like "guess who is anchoring tonight?"

Old 11-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #85
Blue Crack Addict

this is on Drudge

AARON BROWN OUT AT CNN
Wed Nov 02 2005

To: All CNN Staff

We have made some programming decisions which will impact our prime time schedule as well as our colleague Aaron Brown. Aaron will be leaving CNN and is very much looking forward to some well-deserved time off with his family.

Aaron has made enormous contributions to CNN since his groundbreaking anchoring of Sept. 11th through the war in Iraq to the Tsunami to the recent hurricanes. Outside of the big stories, on a nightly basis, Aaron has provided our audiences with insight into the events of the United States and the world with eloquence and the highest journalist integrity.

Besides his stellar work as an anchor, Aaron stands as an absolutely brilliant writer, evident by the thoughtful perspective he injects into every story he touches.

Personally, I will miss Aaron and his wicked sense of humor. We cannot thank Aaron enough for the skills and professionalism he brought to CNN. Given his respect throughout the industry, there is no question that he will be missed.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:13 AM   #86
Refugee

I can say one thing, since this new head took over, I have a total lack of respect for CNN and their reporting...and their talking heads. I now switch back and forth from FOX or MSNBC. I still like their internet site but even there you don't catch all the news you read elsewhere. That's why I always read the old hardcopy...the newspaper.

At least one can stand behind Brian Williams......and now if you miss the report for the day you can view it later that evening on the internet.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #87
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah I hate the new guy at CNN. He just sucks.

I love Brian Williams. He's a really good anchor...and he provided good entertainment for Virginians when he was covering hurricane Isabel at Virginia Beach and he got blown over. It was frickin hilarious
Old 11-03-2005, 03:17 PM   #88
Refugee

Just read in the hardcopy {local newspaper} that Brown is gone and Anderson's 360 will air 10pm for 2 hours. Seems Brown was getting too sluggish???

Situation Room with Wolf will be on at 7pm.

That is as of this morning's edition.....but at CNN..who knows anything anyway.

Paul Zahn pretty lucky....that's why she never leaves the studio. But I don't know....Larry King is getting older by the day.....perhaps someone will be replacing him too.

I know I would not want to be a cable news person.

BTW.....our Florida highways are jammed at 5am when most of us leave for work......so who is going to stay up until midnight to watch the news of the day that has been said so many times already....

Old 11-06-2005, 10:12 AM   #89
Refugee

Now.....this is what veteran news anchors are about. And a story well deserved news coverage...and what it takes to get the job done. I know it's a question I've been asking lately.....yet you see so little coverage of the war in Iraq. Check it out......thanks Bob Hite for the dedication to the community...........

http://www.tbo.com/life/includes/MGBSMG0IOFE.html

carol
wizard2c
Old 11-06-2005, 11:32 AM   #90
Acrobat

I'm not at all surprised that CNN dropped Aaron Brown. You could see the handwriting on the wall when they started experimenting with having Anderson Cooper co-host with Brown. They wanted to see if the ratings went up with Cooper there, and apparently that did happen. It's a good decision. Brown is a respected, intelligent journalist, but watching him was as entertaining as watching paint dry. The 10 - 12 timeslot needs somebody with more energy and flash, but who can also bring the substance when they have to, and that pretty much describes Anderson Cooper.

I like most of the new schedule. I like the 'Wolf Blitzer - Lou Dobbs - Blitzer again' serious news block. I like Cooper from 10 - 12 and, even though I don't really care for her, I think Paula Zahn's brand of up-close-and-personal news works well at 8.

But, when, oh, when, is some head of CNN going to have the guts to tell Larry King to get lost? All the flow of their evening schedule is brought to a screeching halt by King and his insipid 'interviews'. The man can't even follow along with what his guests are saying. He waits for them to stop speaking and reads the questions off his cue cards in the order given to him, no matter what the guest just said. I still remember one particular incident of this a few years ago. King had several news correspondents on and one of them was Christiane Amanpour via satellite. He asked her a question and she answered but then, as she tends to do, she went on to elaborate and add a couple of more thoughts. Well, one of the things she added happened to be related to what was supposed to be King's next question. King, of course, was not really paying attention, completely missed this, and went ahead and asked the next question on his card. Amanpour gave the most withering glare imaginable. Then said, "Well, Larry. As. I. JUST. Said..." and she went on to repeat exactly what she already said. On the multi-screen shot you could see the other corresopondents were doing all they could not to burst out laughing. Among real news people, King is nothing more than a joke.

If they must keep King, I think CNN's lineup would be much better if they put Cooper on at 9 and then put King on at 11. They could have King tape his shows and edit out all his blunders. They could have him stick to celebrity interviews, which is what he prefers doing anyway, and keep him far, far away from serious news.

As for the opinion shows, I don't miss them at all. I prefer watching the news, not someone else's opinion of the news.