celebrity bashing.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, it depends. The word-of-mouth scenario you're describing is what happens to someone who has real talent and is only interested in being famous for their work, not famous for the sake of being famous.

And I find it hard to believe that anyone could do a bad job promoting someone, because there is no such thing as bad press.

Well, I can tell you I'm not jealous of Lindsey Lohan or Avril Lavigne. The reason I get fed up with such celebrities is because their attitused get on my nerves.

bsp77 said:

And you get to decide who is talented enough to bash or not bash? That is bullshit, there is no excuse for constantly tearing other people down. Yes, they realize that becoming a celebrity means that people will pry into their private lives, but that does not make it right. I sometimes bash people too but I am certainly not proud of it and would not justify it. Granted there are some celebrities that are so removed from the normal realm of humanity that they are just asking for ridicule (Michael Jackson anyone?) but it is cruel to constantly make fun of people like Lindsay Lohan. Maybe she says and does some stupid things, but she is 18! Think about how you would of felt at 18 to be constantly reading about your horrible father, your feud with someone else your age, and the parties that you go to. Show at least a little compassion.

i agree:up:

I disagree.

We are all constantly making a concious decision, whether we realise it or not, when we watch TV or read an article, to either like or dislike or feel indifferent about a person. We assess who is talented and who is not all the time, its usually called 'taste'. For instance, we have all decided that U2 is pretty talented, hence we are all here appeciating their music and, usually, defending them from whatever article or critic says about them in a program or magazine. Like it or not, we are constantly deciding who is talented and who is not.

Bashing comes into it when you read an article about them and they, the celebrity/article/journalist or what have you, gives you an impression of them that produces a negative reaction. Now, I'm not saying that an article will tell you what a person is like, and I'm not saying that we know the real, say, Lindsay Lohan, but to say that we are not competent enough to think a person as talented or untalented is a little out of whack.

For me, bashing comes into it when I really don't like the way a person comes across, I deem untalented, and it ultimately kills me that such a person is getting so many opportunities other people, better people, will never have. I'm not saying its right, but I DO think that we do have the right to at least deem someone untalented, should we feel inclined to do so.

Ant.

Anthony said:
I disagree.

We are all constantly making a concious decision, whether we realise it or not, when we watch TV or read an article, to either like or dislike or feel indifferent about a person. We assess who is talented and who is not all the time, its usually called 'taste'. For instance, we have all decided that U2 is pretty talented, hence we are all here appeciating their music and, usually, defending them from whatever article or critic says about them in a program or magazine. Like it or not, we are constantly deciding who is talented and who is not.

Bashing comes into it when you read an article about them and they, the celebrity/article/journalist or what have you, gives you an impression of them that produces a negative reaction. Now, I'm not saying that an article will tell you what a person is like, and I'm not saying that we know the real, say, Lindsay Lohan, but to say that we are not competent enough to think a person as talented or untalented is a little out of whack.

For me, bashing comes into it when I really don't like the way a person comes across, I deem untalented, and it ultimately kills me that such a person is getting so many opportunities other people, better people, will never have. I'm not saying its right, but I DO think that we do have the right to at least deem someone untalented, should we feel inclined to do so.

Ant.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom