Carlie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Her body was found this morning, and that SOB has been charged w/ her murder.

Rest in peace Carlie. When will this ever end?

20040204ORL01D.jpg

:sigh: I prayed for her everyday since the news broke about her abduction.

She's in a better place, but that still doesn't make me feel any better. It is just sickening that he has been arrested so many times and gotten off virtually scott free for another attempted abduction in 97!

Last edited:
:no: I read the horrible news the morning, about Carlie.

My husband and I were praying everyday, for her safe return to her family. How could some sick *******, do this to her, or any child. And why was he walking the streets, anyway. I can only imagine, what this little angel's family must be going thru. I have children myself. And believe me, this is every parent's worst nightmare. I will continue to pray for Carlie's family... and I will also pray. That they will lock up the monster, who did this to her and throw away the key. No parole, for a crime like this, ever.

I just heard on the news this morning that they found her body.. it literally made my skin crawl.

:( So fucked up.

I am very heartbroken about Carlie. :cry:

My maternal grandmother's maiden name is Brucia. It is a rare surname in America, and it appears that there is one family line that has it. I worked with someone for a brief time who turned out to be my third cousin; her grandfather and my great-grandfather were brothers. It is very possible that Carlie's great, great-grandfather was also one of the brothers. My former co-worker knows much more about the geneology than I do, and I want to talk to her about this.

So, I feel like a young distant cousin of mine has been murdered, and it makes me so sad and angry that she is dead.

:hug: Carlie :hug:

If he is guilty, Joseph Smith should never again have a moment of peace and comfort in his life. I realize that is an inappropriate opinion for me to have but having seen him walk up to her and lead her away and now knowing what he did to her convinces me that he is worthy of nothing more than pain and misery as long as he exists here among us.

~U2Alabama

EPandAmerica said:
She's in a better place, but that still doesn't make me feel any better. It is just sickening that he has been arrested so many times and gotten off virtually scott free for another attempted abduction in 97!

Argh, I know! Why in the hell aren't the laws tighter regarding that sort of thing? He should've been locked up for the rest of his life without any possiblity of parole the very first time he commited a serious offense. God...I swear...*:rant:s at the morons who kept letting him out*

That poor girl. :(. My condolances to her family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Angela

I really don't want to get started on this, because I want to honor her memory..well, I suppose maybe talking about this is

I think the reason this SOB was out is that the criminal "justice" system in this country has swung completely in favor of the accused and the criminals. I know that sounds simplistic..but it's all about protecting their rights, and has been taken to such an extreme that the victims' rights don't really even seem to matter anymore. And a child can't be safe walking in the street, or even in his or her own yard.

The jury didn't believe the other woman who he grabbed and said he would cut her throat. They believed his story that he was "rescuing her" from oncoming traffic.

They need to find key evidence such as Carlie's backpack. I am so fearful of what will happen if they don't :sigh: As awful as it is to contemplate, they will most likely have DNA evidence, but we all know what can happen even w/ that.

Perhaps Carlie's case will help change some things. Somehow I'm not too hopeful :sigh: How many children will die before things actually change? :(

It sickens and disgusts me that someone guilty of crimes like this walked the streets, free to commit another crime. This has got to be stopped. I am tired of murders and other such heinous crimes.:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

MrsSpringsteen said:
The jury didn't believe the other woman who he grabbed and said he would cut her throat. They believed his story that he was "rescuing her" from oncoming traffic.

Ahhh, the creative mind of a criminal defense attorney :down:

He should have been in jail at the time he commited this murder...his probation officer wanted him arrested for willfully refusing to pay his court ordered fines (thus violating his probation) in a drug case I believe...the judge refused to issue the warrant because there wasn't "sufficient proof" it was "willful"

After 13 arrests, what more did this judge need to hear?

U2Bama said:
If he is guilty, Joseph Smith should never again have a moment of peace and comfort in his life. I realize that is an inappropriate opinion for me to have but having seen him walk up to her and lead her away and now knowing what he did to her convinces me that he is worthy of nothing more than pain and misery as long as he exists here among us.

:mad: I say lock the sicko in with the general prison population. It's a well-known fact that child murderers and molestors are despised by other prisoners. They will make what's left of his life a sheer living hell.

Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist told NBC's "Today" show Monday that state laws should perhaps be tightened to include "automatic reincarceration" for repeat offenders like Smith.

That's just it. If they automatically reincarcerate repeat offenders, that'll keep them from hurting innocent people. If this creep had been in prison where he belonged, that little girl would still be alive.

As a mother, I fear greatly for our children's safety. Not just my own child, but all children. There are way too many sickos out there; fallen souls in a fallen world. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom