Caption This Pic...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
kerry.jpg

"I had legs and a torso before I didn't have legs and a torso!"

George Bush’s record speaks for itself. 1.6 million lost jobs. The first president in 72 years to actually lose jobs on his watch. 8 million Americans are now looking for work. 45 million have no health insurance – 5 million more than the day he took office. 4.3 million Americans have slipped into poverty over the last four years – 1.3 million are children. The average family saw their income fall $1,500, while they saw the cost of health care, child care, gasoline, and tuition rise faster than ever before. 220,000 more Americans did not attend college last year for the simple reason that they could not afford it. This President turned a $5.6 trillion surplus into trillions of debt for our children. George Bush accomplished all this in only four years. Imagine what he could do in another four. I want to be clear: I’m not saying that president wanted these consequences. But I am saying that by his judgments, by his priorities, he has caused these things to happen. And he can’t see the error of his ways.

At that convention in New York the other week, President Bush talked about his ownership society. Well Mr. President, when it comes to your record, we agree – you own it.

Of course, the President would have us believe that his record is the result of bad luck, not bad decisions. That he’s faced the wrong circumstances, not made the wrong choices. In fact, this President has created more excuses than jobs. His is the Excuse Presidency: Never wrong, Never Responsible, Never to Blame. President Bush’s desk isn’t where the buck stops – it’s where the blame begins. He’s blamed just about everyone but himself and his administration for America’s economic problems. And if he’s missed you, don’t worry – he’s still got 48 days left until the election.

He sure has a lot of excuses, but you know what? Of the last eleven presidents – many who faced war and recession – George Bush is the only one to actually lose jobs on his watch.

We know the truth. George Bush’s failed record is the result of George Bush’s failed policies. And he chose time and again to do nothing to improve our economy or ease the burden on middle class families. In fact, nearly every choice has made it worse. You can even say that George Bush is proud of the fact that not even failure can cause him to change his mind. This is the man who promised his tax cuts would create 6 million new jobs. Today, three tax cuts later, we’ve lost a million -- seven million jobs short of his prediction. To George Bush, stubborn leadership is steady leadership. But as far as I’m concerned, George Bush’s failures are the result of misplaced values and wrong choices that always give more and more to those with the most and tells the middle-class “you are not the priority.”

President Bush inherited record employment, record homeownership, record surpluses; an America of higher incomes, less poverty, and more families with health care.

And when the economy faced some rough waters, and we could have put tax cuts into the pockets of families most likely to need the money and spend it, George Bush chose massive tax giveaways for the wealthiest individuals that blew the surplus and did next to nothing to get our economy moving. If anything helped ease the recession, it was the strong income growth of the 90s and historic rate cuts by the Federal Reserve, not George Bush’s unaffordable tax cuts. They were the wrong choices, and middle-class families paid the price.

When Republican and Democratic governors all across the country were asking Washington for help so that they didn’t have to raise tuition, raise local taxes, take cops off the street, and shut down our schools, George Bush chose more deficits and more tax giveaways to the wealthy instead. That was the wrong choice, and middle-class families paid the price.

When George Bush saw job after job being shipped overseas, he chose to sit back and protect the tax cuts that rewarded companies who were doing so.

When China and Japan were manipulating their currency and violating our trade agreements, and he saw America lose 2.7 million manufacturing jobs, George Bush chose to say and do nothing for workers in Michigan and Ohio and all over the country.

When he saw the cost of energy rising, he chose secret meetings the oil industry and special friendships with the Saudis over an energy independent America.

And when he saw millions lose their health care and millions more struggling with record premiums, he chose a $139 billion giveaway to the drug companies instead.

He chose and he chose and he chose and every single time it was middle-class Americans who paid the price.

If you like that choice, then you’re in luck, because George Bush and Dick Cheney are promising four more years of the same. Four more years of the same choices from an administration that says we should celebrate an economy of job loss, says that incentives for outsourcing is good for America, and even tells us that this is the best economy of our lifetime.

:sexywink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

Kerry Campaign Unveils Kerry Clone

By Borat Sagdiyev

DETROIT (Reuters) - Wearing a suit on loan from Michael Dukakis and a pair of size 6 flip-flops, Mini John Kerry today launched his "A Little Help Is On The Way" tour by speaking at the Detroit Economic Club.

Ciiting the stress of non-stop campaigning, the Kerry campaign last week made the controversial decision to clone the Massachusetts senator in order to reduce his workload. Despite a gliltch in the cloning process that caused the Kerry clone to be identical to the candidate in every way but one-eighth his size, the campaign is pleased with the results. "Breathtaking," the full-size Kerry was heard to remark upon seeing his clone for the first time . . .

Go Red Wings! [sorry, I'm from Detroit and he was at the Detroit Economic Club...it's only logical]

Headache in a Suitcase said:
kerry.jpg

Don't cry for me America
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

Back
Top Bottom