Capital Punishment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Melon,

Again you bless us all by sharing your knowledge and background. I think we are in agreement on a great many things with divergent approaches. My understanding of God helps me shape my issues of denomination, philosophy and conscience.

I was raised in an essentially secular household with parents of Episcopalian/Russian Orthodox background. Catholic (Jesuit) high school gave me a great knowledge of God?s Word, but only to the extent that I studied any subject, like geometry or physics. It was a realization of God?s love for me in my early 20?s that brought me into the body of believers and a deeper understanding of His Word.

The term fundamentalist doesn?t fully set well with me; however, I do see Scripture as inherent, true and the Word of God. Anything less, I fear, opens the door to man defining God rather than God defining Himself.

You are absolutely correct that love for God and love for neighbor is at the core of the Christian existence. I agree that some overlook this command or add wonderful human dimensions like pride (look how much I love) or use love to cheapen grace (God loves you, so go ahead and [fill in your favorite sin here].

To me, however, love and consequences can exist together.

Back
Top Bottom