Can't believe this... (warning: sad stuff)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Things like that make me angry and sad at the same time...i read this in our newspaper. If this isn't hell on Earth, i don't know what is.

This "man" was abusing his own daughter and his stepdaughter for years. The poor girls were seemingly too afraid to speak out, and when the daugher confided to the mother, (and this may be the worst part about it) -- her own mother did not believe her!!!
So the step daugher had to testify and report him.

it's sad, but i know of a fellow u2 fan who had a very similar thing happen...*hugs*...this world is so evil...i'm getting depressed from it...seriously...

it's sick, you know, how often that actually happens. there is so much abuse passed around and no one does anything to stop it. fuck that.

A man here in Orange County was just convicted of repeatedly raping his daughter, which resulted in her giving birth to his child, at the age of 12. He started raping her at 11 and paid her not to tell. She had no idea she was pregnant until her grandmothre took her to the ER with stomach pains and was told by the doctors that she was in labor. She gave birth to a healthy 5 pound boy, which was put up for adoption. The father's sister and mother still say he didn't do it even though DNA proves he did. Why would they not believe this poor little girl?

Now, be prepared for what I'm about to write. In another case in the city of Anaheim, a 7th grade girl gave birth in a toilet at school and a janitor found the baby. The girl was wrapped in a blanket and the baby put in a plastic bag and sent home with the girl and her mother. She had been raped by a man renting a room from her mother. The school didn't call the police until 2 or 3 days later. Again, why???

We live in a sick world.

i am absolutely disgusted........i can't find words........how could someone steal those girls' innocence like that, without even blinking..........it makes me sick to think about.......how did our world get so corrupt.........i almost wish i was desensitized, so i would have this heavy feeling in my stomach..........

I work as a DNA analyst in a forensic lab, and you have no idea how common this is. (Please refrain from making Tennessee/inbreeding jokes; it's in your town too.) The saddest thing is that most of these girls are quite young, and, combined with the embarrassment and possible retaliation from father, they usually don't report the incidents for days or weeks. Thus, no evidence is available to incriminate the father/relative. Convictions in these type of cases are rare. Even so, I had a man in one of my cases plead guilty this past week to performing oral sex on a stepdaughter, even without me finding his DNA. Yeah!! On the other hand, you get these whore-women who are embittered toward ex-husbands, and so they allege sexual misconduct after a visitation in order to humiliate them. This is probably just as damaging for the girls.

I believe that most states keep sexual offender registries online. Having looked at Tennessee's and Georgia's, most of these sites list the offenses of convicted offenders. It might be worth your time to check your local state police site to get an idea of how much child rape, incest, etc., is going on.

agent orange~ i'd check out that website but i really don't know if i could handle it.....maybe i'll get up the courage one of these days, but it's just too much........i'd rather be ignorant than depressed.......as selfish as that is.......i really need to work on this seeing as i'm considering a career in forensic science........*sigh*........o well, for now i just can't take it........

:| :mad: :scream: :cry: :|

I've always been horrified by what people are able to do.......

But all those news make people numb to the real happening. I can't feel anything anymore when hearing those things..... :(

twin, you can't wish for desensatation, that's like giving up. remember that you can change this. everyone has the ability to change the world around them. i'm not sure how one would prevent something like this (other than watching their children very very closely {which you should be doing off the bat}), but i know that the recovery is very important in these girls' lives. they will be scared for a long time of men or just strangers in general. usually these girls, with counselling, will grow up and be able to cope with what happened and just won't like to be touched.

agentorange, that's cool that you're a dna analyst. that is a lot of work to help put the shittiest of people behind bars. good work.

I used to work in the IT department of a children's hospital and one day when we were out inventorying computer equipment in the hospital, we were in the department that deals with abuse cases and stuff. One of the staff women was dictating the details of a case onto tape (procedural documentation stuff) and I wanted to run out of the room screaming. god. I'm not even going to say what it was...it makes me sick just remembering.

In any case, the sad fact is that it's much much much more common than one would think. Sick and wrong. :(

Its so sad when a child is abused because they have no voice. They cant just tell a person about what someone did to them, Most parents dont want to hear/believe that it could happen to their child.:sad:

That's what has made me so sick about this R. Kelly case. For those who don't know, R. Kelly is a rapper in the U.S. who is presently charged with 21 counts of having sex with a minor. And how did they charge him? He taped all of this-- tapes which were turned over to the police. This was a guy who married Aaliyah when she was 15 years old-- and that was in 1994!

Supposedly there were people in the industry who knew about it and did nothing. And some of R. Kelly's victims don't want to testify against him because they want him to pay them money to be quiet. After everything, all they want is money! I can't believe that in this case no one stepped forward in the past to report these abuses and people don't want to step forward now because they are greedy. And all because no one saw in 1994 that marrying a 15-year-old girl was a warning sign that this guy is a sick fuck.

Lilly said:
twin, you can't wish for desensatation, that's like giving up. remember that you can change this. everyone has the ability to change the world around them. i'm not sure how one would prevent something like this (other than watching their children very very closely {which you should be doing off the bat}), but i know that the recovery is very important in these girls' lives. they will be scared for a long time of men or just strangers in general. usually these girls, with counselling, will grow up and be able to cope with what happened and just won't like to be touched.

i know, but thanks for reminding me.......that's why i'm either going to be pre-med or forensic science.....i want to be able to help ppl as much as i can.........

The same thing happened to my g/f. For three years her dad raped her and her mom knew. She has never told anyone.

I see some of you say how u wouldnt want to ever know what it fells like, i can tell u you never want to know. The constent pain she goes through is like a curse. I will one day meet her dad. I nearly did once but she rushed me away. I would show him just a fraction of the pain he inflicted on her.

bonoman said:
The same thing happened to my g/f. For three years her dad raped her and her mom knew. She has never told anyone.

I see some of you say how u wouldnt want to ever know what it fells like, i can tell u you never want to know. The constent pain she goes through is like a curse. I will one day meet her dad. I nearly did once but she rushed me away. I would show him just a fraction of the pain he inflicted on her.

i'm sorry to hear that bonoman. it takes a lot to recover from that. but one thing to be learned is that punishment and judgement is not for you to dish out. it doesn't mean a lot for a long time, but learning that helps with learning tolerance. just don't let her get into an "i'm not worth anything" kind of rut. because those hurt.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here in this forum...

but..

SHIT LIKE THAT PISSES ME OFF! :mad:

my mom knew a guy from a wealthy family, and in order to get what he wanted, he had to sleep with his dad.

:barf:

Lilly said:

just don't let her get into an "i'm not worth anything" kind of rut. because those hurt.

Yeah, thats exactly what happens. I have never been raped (yet), but I do know all about abuse...
And IMO, although I do believe in God, I also believe the guilty should be punished by those theyve hurt(or the loved ones of the victim), and the punishment must fit the crime.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom