Cannot believe how that American cop acted......! - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2002, 12:53 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:32 AM
UPDATE ON CNN.
The cops Attorney said-

His client -the cop, after grappling w the young feller and being assaulted TWICE and receiving injuries on his neck and face,(blood on cop's face) the suspect still refused to co-operate w/the police.

When they brought him to the trunk of the squad car he PURPOSELY buckled his legs and REFUSED to STAND UP STRIAGHT.

His inaction and REFUSAL to obey a lawful request forced the policeman to be firmer and they had to lift him and pushed him hard onto the trunk.

Sometimes I see they things on NYPD..oh dear.

While this was occuring the suspect PUNCHED THE POLICEMAN in the GROIN w/one of his hancuffed hands
This is when the policeman that had the bad coffee slugged him.

Never hit any fellow in the nuts esp when youre going to jail.

Again ppl lets NOT rush to judgement...
Thank You-
DB9

Old 07-12-2002, 04:42 AM   #47
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:32 AM
The use of force doesn't have to be violent Diamond. It is called restraint.
So does anyone really know what happened yet?

Old 07-12-2002, 09:30 AM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
The use of force doesn't have to be violent Diamond. It is called restraint.
So does anyone really know what happened yet?
Angela

Angela-
If you read the whole thread, both sides of the story are contained there:idea:
Also read the related thread on the videotaper being arrested:idea:
It might shed some more light for you.:idea:

I still say you should NEVER hit another fellow in THE NUTS as it causes INVOLUNTARY VOILENT reactions, esp when the fellow w/the crunched NUTS is an a position of authority.

DB9
Old 07-12-2002, 10:22 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:32 AM
I think it terrible how some cops treat people, but as long as people dont say anything about the way that were treated nothing is going to ever happen and even if they did nothing would happen because people wouldnt believe the person any ways.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:45 AM   #50
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
UPDATE ON CNN.
The cops Attorney said-

His client -the cop, after grappling w the young feller and being assaulted TWICE and receiving injuries on his neck and face,(blood on cop's face) the suspect still refused to co-operate w/the police.

When they brought him to the trunk of the squad car he PURPOSELY buckled his legs and REFUSED to STAND UP STRIAGHT.

His inaction and REFUSAL to obey a lawful request forced the policeman to be firmer and they had to lift him and pushed him hard onto the trunk.

Sometimes I see they things on NYPD..oh dear.

While this was occuring the suspect PUNCHED THE POLICEMAN in the GROIN w/one of his hancuffed hands
This is when the policeman that had the bad coffee slugged him.

Never hit any fellow in the nuts esp when youre going to jail.

Again ppl lets NOT rush to judgement...
Thank You-
DB9
Refusing to stand after being handcuffed is quite common and an officer is trained to handle this, with APPROPRIATE force.

The officer's own attorney gave an interview last night and said the suspect "squeezed" the officer's testicles...not punched.

A retired LAPD captain has revied the tape and said in his opinion, it would have been very unlikely for the suspcect to have grabbed the officer's testicles at the angle the suspect was laying and from where the officer was standing.

Did you also see on the tape where the officer lifted his fist to punch the suspect a second time but the other officers restrained him?

And on a side note...Even though I think the officer was completely wrong and overstepped his authority, I don't think the 16 year old deserves millions of dollars for this ie. the federal lawsuit filed yesterday. I also think that today's planned march, headed by the Rev. Dr. Al Sharpton is going to hurt the kid's case more than it will help it.
Old 07-12-2002, 11:17 AM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

, with APPROPRIATE force.

The officer's own attorney gave an interview last night and said the suspect "squeezed" the officer's testicles...not punched.

Did you also see on the tape where the officer lifted his fist to punch the suspect a second time but the other officers restrained him?

, I don't think the 16 year old deserves millions of dollars for this ie. the federal lawsuit filed yesterday. I also think that today's planned march, headed by the Rev. Dr. Al Sharpton is going to hurt the kid's case more than it will help it.
Bonos Am Wife-

Things like this happen sometimes when you get near a fellow's genitals. Its a unvolutaring action for some of us guys.. He shouldnt bumped groped or unintenionally grazed his privates.

Also-
IT IS CLEARLY TRANSPARENT HERE about the suspect's motives are..ie-..MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR lawsuit.
Are you ppl getting the picture yet?
Only in America.
Thanks-
Db9
Old 07-12-2002, 11:24 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:32 PM

Is there any evidence that the boy grabbed the guys testicles?
Old 07-12-2002, 12:07 PM   #53
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Local Time: 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife

I also think that today's planned march, headed by the Rev. Dr. Al Sharpton is going to hurt the kid's case more than it will help it.
The Gen. Rev. Dr. Mrs. Philosophical Idiot Sharpton always hurts the case. And no it's not just his nappy hair.

L.Unplugged

--Bill Clinton
Old 07-13-2002, 04:03 AM   #54
Jesus Online

Ah....yes......Ok. Diamond, i have indeed read this entire thread. All I have read though are 2 sides to the story. Conflicting supporting articles for whoever it is in favour of. Doesn't equal the truth.

And please, please dont tell me a kick/hit/pinch/punch in the Jatz Crackers justifies a violent reaction. Bloody hell you guys are big skirts, you'd fair dinkum swear to God you lot (the male species) are the only ones to have such a highly sensitive area.

From all the reports that have been presented, I'd say the kid was wrong with a few things and so was the cop.

Re: Cop, it comes back to restraint.
Old 07-13-2002, 11:42 AM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

But he hit em in the CRACKERS
DB9
Old 07-13-2002, 12:02 PM   #56
you are what you is

Local Time: 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
But he hit em in the CRACKERS
DB9
but he is an officer of the LAW
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 07-13-2002, 12:50 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:32 AM

From what I have seen of the video, the police officer used too much force. Also, I believe they only pulled up the warrants on the photographer to get back at him for happening to film it. I am curious as to why the police departments wanted the original videotape IMMEDIATELY after the incident occurred? Did they want to erase it? That is a bit suspicious to me.

That being said, let me warn ALL of you if you ever meet me in person: DO NOT EVER TOUCH ME IN THAT BIOLOGICAL AREA. It ALWAYS incites a violent, reflexive reaction from me and you are likely to get kicked, punched, etc., I don't care if you are Bono, the Pope, or Barney the Dinosaur - I will automatically do something to hurt you. I am not a cop so you cannot use any of those "LAW" charges against me. It is stupid (and cheap) for a suspect to attack that area and not expect SOME retribution.

~U2Alabama
Old 07-14-2002, 04:47 AM   #58
Jesus Online

*Note to self*
~If I ever meet Bama, refrain from touching his genital area~