Candidate Admits Using Twin as Stand-In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
No comment as of now...

Candidate Admits Using Twin as Stand-In

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...583&e=8&u=/nm/20050422/od_nm/politics_twin_dc

SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - The leading candidate for mayor of San Antonio admitted on Thursday using his twin brother as a stand-in at a civic event without telling anyone it was not him.

Julian Castro, a 30-year-old city councilman, said brother Joaquin, his identical twin, rode for him in the annual River Parade through downtown San Antonio on Monday.

Videos showed Joaquin smiling and waving to the crowd as he floated along the San Antonio River in a barge for city council members.

"He was standing in the River Parade because I had to host a neighborhood leaders meeting," said Castro.

The others on the barge knew it was Joaquin riding with them, but most of the onlookers in the crowd of about 250,000 did not, city council members said.

Polls show that Castro, who went to Stanford University and Harvard Law School, has a double-digit lead in the mayoral race that will be voted on May 7.

Castro said his brother, who is in the Texas legislature, was not impersonating him and would not have been mistaken for him.

"He's not as good looking," he joked.

But a television anchorman moderating the event identified the man on the barge as Julian, as did the River Parade announcer.

The two appeared together at a press conference on Thursday in T-shirts making light of the event.

"I am Julian," read the one worn by Julian.

"I am not Julian," said Joaquin's.

Julian said Joaquin has been out on the campaign trail for him in other events, but always identified himself as Joaquin.

Julian's mayoral opponents attacked his use of a stand-in as "deceitful" and "immature."

Well I know the Prez will have dummy limos, I've heard of celebs who use stand ins.

To me it's not a big deal, if he was doing more than just waving then yeah it might matter. But standing and waving, couldn't give a shit.

our republican candidate for gov. has a twin in the state legislature and a couple years ago he told a group of students (little did he know that i was among them and would take in everything he said to use against him :evil: ) that they would stand in for each other.

I saw John Kerry's twin at Dairy Queen. He asked them to raise their sales tax.

Back
Top Bottom