Cancer should be more discriminating - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 06-06-2002, 04:33 PM   #16
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
It breaks my heart to see the two side-by-side reclining chairs in my grandparent's living room, the same place I visited with him for 33 years, knowing that his chair will always be empty.
i know how you feel.

i'm afraid i might lose someone else even closer to me to cancer, too. maybe even two. :cry:

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 06-06-2002, 10:51 PM   #17
Local Time: 11:56 AM
My dad was diagnosed with an aggressively malignant brain tumor at the beginning of the year. This has been the worst year of my life.

Old 06-06-2002, 11:14 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:56 AM
*hugs* to all. i've had cancer touch my life too, but not as close as many of you. i pray that you will feel healing.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:20 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:56 AM
cancer now has a big place in my life and sometimes i wonder whether i talk about it and death too much.
i wonder whether people don't want to hear about it, but its hard yto know and hard to stop yourself from talking about it when it has had such a huge impact on your life.
you mainly try to be frank about it as its just a part of your life but when you do, you notice the looks that people give you.
You feel that " this girl is nuts, shes talking so openly about her father's death in front of me and i really dont want to know" look.
I pretty much dont talk about him at all now because i know it makes other people uncomfortable.
i wonder if i talk about him too much here even.
Old 06-07-2002, 10:28 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:56 AM

Despite my request for your banishment in Lemonade_Stand, I wished to let you know that you can talk to us any time about anything, as openly as you want. It does not make us uncomfortable, and you do NOT talk about him too much. Feel free to talk to me if you ever need to!

Old 06-12-2002, 04:31 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:56 PM
....and then it is very close. A co-worker of me has cancer. We heard it yesterday. Not smoking, not drinking, and 27 years old.

And i do not know how to react, well time will learn.