Canadian gay married couple denied entry to US - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2003, 03:17 AM   #46
War Child

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman
I just cant get past the question: If everyone were to be gay, would the world end in a 100 years? That question was posed to me by my Uncle who is a missionary. That question always stuck in my mind. You can attack me again, but that is what i think at this time. It is something i feel strongly about.
Umm... what's that got to do with marriage?

Old 09-22-2003, 03:49 AM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by bonoman
Heterosexual rights isnt something i should have said. Heterosexual views might of been what i thought. By that i mean a view like my own. Someone who doesnt look down on any gay person for their sexuality, because its none of my business, but someone who doesnt agree with what they do. I personally think that homosexual activity is wrong, but is my view. I dont hate anyone for it, just like i wouldnt hate you for not agreeing about the same politics as me. I dont nned to explain my personal view to have people i'm right or wrong, its my view and i think it is right.

I legal Union is a Marriage in my opinon, and if it isnt then it should. I never said that Homosexuals shouldnt have any rights but Marriage to me is between a male and a female. I think this because a Marriage to me represents to me a pledge to make a family and have this world continue on. I just cant get past the question: If everyone were to be gay, would the world end in a 100 years? That question was posed to me by my Uncle who is a missionary. That question always stuck in my mind. You can attack me again, but that is what i think at this time. It is something i feel strongly about.

To the people who think i compared gays to incest i take that personally. I have been posting here for years and was never so insulted. Who the fuck do you think i am, the Devil. You dont have a fuckin clue about incest and what it does to people (unless it has happened to someone close to you) I wouldnt do that and it boils my blood to think anyone would think that. I am disgusted with the comments. I had a g/f who was raped by her father for years and you dont have a fuckin idea. Fuck gay right hetero rights i cant even begin to tell you how mad i am. I thank the two, Dread and Angela, who knew me better. i cant stand to be here anymore. Bye.
eeek...love the sinner, hate the sin right?

As for your question about if the whole world was gay...we might as well postulate if the world would end in a hundred years if it was invaded by space aliens from the dark side of the moon. Because that is more likely than the whole world being gay.

Melon is right. You should choose your words more carefully. Not all of us know you as well as Dreadsox or others who realised "what you were trying to say".
To me, it seemed that you were lumping homosexuality in with incest. And I don't think anyone ever lightly dismissed incestual rape at anytime.

What happen to your friend sickens and angers me. I understand how feel as well, I am in same position as you bonoman.

Old 09-22-2003, 09:34 AM   #48
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Quote:
I legal Union is a Marriage in my opinon, and if it isnt then it should. I never said that Homosexuals shouldnt have any rights but Marriage to me is between a male and a female. I think this because a Marriage to me represents to me a pledge to make a family and have this world continue on. I just cant get past the question: If everyone were to be gay, would the world end in a 100 years? That question was posed to me by my Uncle who is a missionary. That question always stuck in my mind. You can attack me again, but that is what i think at this time. It is something i feel strongly about.
So are you for banning straight marriages between couples who don't procreate?

And I'm sorry but the question your Uncle posed to you is ridiculous and has nothing to do with marriage.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:38 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
So are you for banning straight marriages between couples who don't procreate?
Exactly. What about them? Are their marriages any less valid?

Sorry, but I don't want to think that I was put on this earth for the sole purpose of continuing the human race. I don't think that's the only reason we're here.

Quote:
And I'm sorry but the question your Uncle posed to you is ridiculous and has nothing to do with marriage.
Agreed.

Angela
Old 09-23-2003, 11:08 AM   #50
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

But it's ashame that these and questions like them will never get answered by those who oppose this. It will always end up some distorted interpretation of the Bible and as long as people have hate in their hearts for those that think are wrong they'll be content on falling back on these distorted interpretations and myths.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:31 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
But it's ashame that these and questions like them will never get answered by those who oppose this. It will always end up some distorted interpretation of the Bible and as long as people have hate in their hearts for those that think are wrong they'll be content on falling back on these distorted interpretations and myths.
What distorted interpretations and myths are you referring to?
Old 09-23-2003, 12:24 PM   #52
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

That there is a blantant, straight forward, from God's mouth answer on homosexuality.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:27 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

I guess a discussion on the inerrancy of Scripture would best be left to another thread.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:37 PM   #54
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I guess a discussion on the inerrancy of Scripture would best be left to another thread.
Probably so, but whenever one tries to point out scripture to me(it's usually the same one) about this subject they point out one part but when asked about the surrounding scripture and it's validity in today's world they write it off as being outdated. To me this is an example of one choosing bits and pieces to interpret for their own needs but ignoring those that don't make sence for their lives, therefore...distortion.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:10 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

I agree. Isolating Scripture is a dangerous method. I prefer comparing Scripture with Scripture. If the same message appears in many parts of Scripture, I'd say the message is that much stronger.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:44 PM   #56
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

regarding the question posed about a world full of gays, just as people have said, marriage isn't only about procreation. i've been married for a year and a half and omigor i'm on birth control. am i sinner for that? and what about pregnancies that don't come out of marriage?

it just brings me to the conclusion of the fact that if everyone was the same, the world would be pretty boring.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:41 AM   #57
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:05 AM
Quote:
I think this because a Marriage to me represents to me a pledge to make a family and have this world continue on. I just cant get past the question: If everyone were to be gay, would the world end in a 100 years? That question was posed to me by my Uncle who is a missionary. That question always stuck in my mind. You can attack me again, but that is what i think at this time. It is something i feel strongly about.
So should people who don't wish to have children be forbidden to marry? Should people who are unable to have children be forbidden to marry? If as you say, marriage is a "pledge to make a family" then you'd have to say that marriages which don't produce children are invalid.

And as for the "if everyone was gay..." argument, it's ridiculous. You're never going to have a world where everyone is gay, just as you'll never have a world where everyone is straight. Some people are gay, some are bisexual, some are straight, that's just the way it is. The world isn't going to end, procreation isn't going to stop simply because there are gay people in the world - if that were the case the world would have ended long ago.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:39 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees
So should people who don't wish to have children be forbidden to marry? Should people who are unable to have children be forbidden to marry? If as you say, marriage is a "pledge to make a family" then you'd have to say that marriages which don't produce children are invalid.

And as for the "if everyone was gay..." argument, it's ridiculous. You're never going to have a world where everyone is gay, just as you'll never have a world where everyone is straight. Some people are gay, some are bisexual, some are straight, that's just the way it is. The world isn't going to end, procreation isn't going to stop simply because there are gay people in the world - if that were the case the world would have ended long ago.
Mmhm.

Exactly right.

Angela
Old 09-25-2003, 12:58 AM   #59
Refugee

Customs forms turn into a religious debate.

Six degrees of spiritual posturing... the assumed forum sub-title.

Old 09-30-2003, 06:23 PM   #60
Babyface

Location: Western Maryland. aka where you're born, but never where you die.
Local Time: 03:05 AM
i, personally, don't see a problem with gay marriage. i mean, marriage should be diffined as 'the legal union of two people who love each other' we were just disscussing this while waiting for the bus after school. there is no reason why they shouldn't be married if they want to be. honestly, how are they that much different from heterosexual couples? tell me this. also, the whole thing about how homosexual couples can't adopt, but can be foster parents. how ridiculous is that? i know a person who has lesbian mothers, and he's perfectly normal as far as teenagers go. lol.
but we're just being ridiculous about not letting them in, as well. why not let them fill out one form? what harm would that do? they are legally married in another country, and we should recognise that. ugh.